House Price Crash Forum

the graph has shocked me...its basically saying the new jobs are public sector or building...no doubt based on q.e. fls htb1 htb2 and 12 billion a month government borrowing.

i dont recall labour winning the election!

the graph has shocked me...its basically saying the new jobs are public sector or building...no doubt based on q.e. fls htb1 htb2 and 12 billion a month government borrowing.

What do you expect when it's the same system with cheaper money?

For example why would there be a manufacturing or IT boom with the same old incentives (tax system) that we had for the last 20 years.

What do you expect when it's the same system with cheaper money?

For example why would there be a manufacturing or IT boom with the same old incentives (tax system) that we had for the last 20 years.

fair point.

i thought it was too good to be true.

What if it was 1998?

in 1998 all the early thirty people i knew talked about buying a house...now they talk about leaving the country because they want afford to live.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

I see large 'SALE' signs slowly turning yellow in the windows of virtually every store in every shopping centre I visit- some have been up there so long that the staff inside are pasty and listless for lack of natural light.

Add to that the mortal terror at the very idea of raising interest rates and it's hard to take all the current upbeat talk seriously.

Edited by wonderpup

The language they use must surely cast a magic spell on the human psyche.

Some arbitrary government measure ("GDP") drops by a few %, and the nation is in RECESSION. Even further, and it's a DEPRESSION. It grows a bit, and we're in RECOVERY.

Hmm... sounds like the nation is one big mental patient.

Either that, or it's propaganda designed to affect the mood of a nation en masse.

Labour Tory are the same thing. There is no democracy in the UK

Surely you must have twigged that by now?

UK is a rentier/fascist state with a thin veneer of 'democracy'

Labour Tory was a brilliant invention by the land owning elites and banking cartels that really own and operate the UK.

Gets 'Labour' squabbling against 'Tory' (even though its exactly the same thing - about as relevant as X-factor) and everyone outbidding each other for overpriced shitholes built on flood plains. Heaven forbid we should be able to build on proper land!

UK is run as a massive leveraged (existing) property hedge fund, and your and my needs don't even enter into the equation.

Edited by aSecureTenant

in 1998 all the early thirty people i knew talked about buying a house...now they talk about leaving the country because they want afford to live.

I did move house in 1988! Just before the top of the bubble! I regretted it for some years. :blink:

At the Job club yesterday, the COmmunity Liaison Lady was quoting local job statistics....she was amazed at the announcement of all the new jobs....seeing as anything in the local area advertised would attract, on average 60 applications...

She was, surprisingly for a council employee herself, extremely scathing of the waste she sees in her department...with a recent cull of some jobs..all at the coal face as she put it...if they had got rid of one of the several senior posts ( she was careful not to say worker) she says there would have been no loss in the resource they were providing....although she says there is a lot of dead wood at all levels in the areas she worked in.

All my clients are struggling, and that includes two EAs

At the Job club yesterday, the COmmunity Liaison Lady was quoting local job statistics....she was amazed at the announcement of all the new jobs....seeing as anything in the local area advertised would attract, on average 60 applications...

She was, surprisingly for a council employee herself, extremely scathing of the waste she sees in her department...with a recent cull of some jobs..all at the coal face as she put it...if they had got rid of one of the several senior posts ( she was careful not to say worker) she says there would have been no loss in the resource they were providing....although she says there is a lot of dead wood at all levels in the areas she worked in.

All my clients are struggling, and that includes two EAs

It doesn't add up.

Maybe as I said earlier a load of europeans have gone home.

Labour Tory are the same thing. There is no democracy in the UK

There's no democracy anywhere in the West now, except maybe Switzerland.

In Germany, no matter who you vote for the government gets in. America, duh! Mediterranean, same bunch of corrupt kleptocrats. Ok I don't know much about the Scandies, anyone care to enlight?

In Germany, no matter who you vote for the government gets in. America, duh! Mediterranean, same bunch of corrupt kleptocrats. Ok I don't know much about the Scandies, anyone care to enlight?

Was there ever any democracy ?

Senior officers say future protests against austerity measures mean they could need permission to deploy water cannon in mainland Britain for the first time

Surely those same austerity measures must rule out the purchase of expensive equipment that would only be used on rare occasions?

:lol:

Unfortunately that seems to happen everywhere...

It doesn't add up.

Maybe as I said earlier a load of europeans have gone home.

A few of my Eastern European friends have gone home, and the local European continental shops are now closing earlier and don't seem to be doing as much trade.

I think what he means is that it is a coalition of varying political party sizes...but always the same people.

Sure, whereas I meant subsequent governments of people from varying political parties...but always the same vested interests.

http://

moneyweek.com/bill-bonner-this-recovery-is-fake/

This recovery is fake

The economy as a whole rose at a 2% rate. So, there was a grand total of about $340bn in real, extra wealth to divvy up. How was it possible for shareholders to get ten times as much as the value of the wealth the economy created? But wait. The mystery deepens.

It's about the US but if the recovery is a fake there then it'll be a fake in the UK as well.

Surely those same austerity measures must rule out the purchase of expensive equipment that would only be used on rare occasions?

When it comes to bailing out banks and waging war (foreign or domestic) there is never any shortage of available funds.