House Price Crash Forum

Scotch Eggs

Patfig

HOLA441

Following on from the XYY man's post about scotch eggs........

This made me reminisce about the scotch eggs we got at school; they were covered in cheese and breadcrumbs not sausage meat.

They were absolutely delicious but I have never ever seen them for sale anywhere.

Can anyone point me to a purveyor of cheesey eggs? Does anyone else remember them or am I tripping..............

HOLA442

This made me reminisce about the scotch eggs we got at school; they were covered in cheese and breadcrumbs not sausage meat.

They were absolutely delicious but I have never ever seen them for sale anywhere.

Can anyone point me to a purveyor of cheesey eggs? Does anyone else remember them or am I tripping..............

I thought you were in New Zealand or something.

I have never seen or tasted anything like cheesy scotch eggs.

They sound like the work of the devil.

HOLA443

I thought you were in New Zealand or something.

I have never seen or tasted anything like cheesy scotch eggs.

They sound like the work of the devil.

I am in Blighty and cheesey eggs are definitely the work of a superior being :D

HOLA444

I just googled cheesy scotch eggs and found a couple of recipes. Sorry, can never remember how to do links on iPad. Both coated the eggs in mashed potato plus cheese and breadcrumbs.

Must say they sound a lot nicer than the sausage meat variety, though Mr B is a fan of those. Might give them a go. :)

HOLA445

I just googled cheesy scotch eggs and found a couple of recipes. Sorry, can never remember how to do links on iPad. Both coated the eggs in mashed potato plus cheese and breadcrumbs.

Must say they sound a lot nicer than the sausage meat variety, though Mr B is a fan of those. Might give them a go. :)

I must be getting all sentimental cos I could really eat a cheesey egg right now. They didn't have any spud just cheese and orange breadcrumbs............ drool

HOLA446

I must be getting all sentimental cos I could really eat a cheesey egg right now. They didn't have any spud just cheese and orange breadcrumbs............ drool

The mash would be v nice if you put loads of grated cheese in, nice strong cheddar. Bugger it, I think I am going to HAVE to try them now.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Buy some Scotch eggs from your favourite supplier.

Slice them in two from top to bottom.

Lift the egg out of both halves of the sausage and breadcrumb cases.

Squirt some Primula cheese into the cavity previously occupied by the half of a boiled egg and press the egg you removed earlier back into the cheese-lined hemisphere.

Do the same with the other half.

Put both halves in the microwave on full power for 30-45 seconds depending on wattage.

Enjoy...

XYY

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Archived