House Price Crash Forum

Sky News Discovers House Prices 29 Times Higher Than Wages

HOLA441

No idea what this is but Sky News just headlined this as a Sky News investigation.

Just overheard a bit - one EA said that such price rise talk would stop people walking through the door/think about buying.

Sky journo pointing out that 3 to 4 times LTV mortgage is normal but that 5 times is considered "severely unaffordable" but that we are well above that.

Edited by The Masked Tulip

HOLA442

No idea what this is but Sky News just headlined this as a Sky News investigation.

Narrative has changed. HTB2 is over.

At what point do we see a collective stampede of boomer liquidations?

Our local BBC evening news had a piece earlier this week 'house prices up but is that good when most people couldn't afford them last year?'

Not sure they're going to keep this ponzi going until the election now.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Yep. The EA told me that he/she had made quite a bit of money over the years buying houses and selling them on. Made 90K on one house during the boom apparently. But surprised me by saying that these two BTLs would be completed on today at a 25% loss.

A 25% loss must hurt! :blink:

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

caught a bit of this and was astounded to hear the pundit opining that the bank of england should restrict (how) house price rises to 5% a year. that will work out just fine. I found myself shouting atr the TV - why not just get base interest rates up a bit and scrap all the 'help' initiatives' :o

HOLA4416