House Price Crash Forum

1 In 10 Can Say 'we're Millionaires, Rodders!'

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2328915/One-British-households-virtual-millionaires-London-property-boom-stock-market-surge-drive-value-assets.html?ico=news%5Eheadlines

One in ten British households are now virtual millionaires: London property boom and stock market surge drive up value of assets

UK's richest people now have 850 times more in assets than the poorest

The wealthiest in society are middle aged and hold more than one property

Majority of the one in ten £1m households are in London and South-East

The Comments make for some interesting reading, although I dare say the millionaires are too busy spending their equity... ;)

HOLA442

The Comments make for some interesting reading, although I dare say the millionaires are too busy spending their equity... ;)

One in ten British households are now virtual millionaires: London property boom bubble and stock market surge bubble drive up the fictional value of assets

UK's richest people now have 850 times more in assets phantom equity than the poorest

The wealthiest in society are middle aged rent-seeking parasites and hold more than one property

Majority of the one in ten £1m households are financial criminals in London and South-East

HOLA443
Guest TheBlueCat

At first I assumed the numbers didn't net out debts, but it seems that they do. It would be interesting to see how much of the total comes from final salary pension schemes (particularly public sector ones). Right now, for example, the assets required to buy a pension of 40K for life would be around 1M GBP.

HOLA444

At first I assumed the numbers didn't net out debts, but it seems that they do. It would be interesting to see how much of the total comes from final salary pension schemes (particularly public sector ones). Right now, for example, the assets required to buy a pension of 40K for life would be around 1M GBP.

Interesting that this comes up again. This data was published by ONS several months back I believe.

And yes, final salary pension consist of a large chunk of that ''wealth', valued at prevailing long rates (4% ish indeed).

HOLA445