House Price Crash Forum

Was On A Boat With Wrigglesworth Yesterday

pdg

HOLA441

out with a mortgage trade title on a deep sea fishing beano.

Unfortunately before I could gently quiz the maestro I fell sick with Sea Sickness and proceeded to puke my guts up for 6 of the worst feeling hours of my life before I could hit dry land. ****** :angry:

Quizzed another chap who heads up a mortgage company on Sunday evening and he was adamant there was no problems, boom and bust is history and prices will continue to go up. I argued this for nearly two hours (guinness in hand) and he started to quieten down. It could have been he was tired, although I think it was because he genuinely didnt understand how an economy works.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Unfortunately before I could gently quiz the maestro I fell sick with Sea Sickness and proceeded to puke my guts up for 6 of the worst feeling hours of my life before I could hit dry land. ****** :angry:

Quizzed another chap who heads up a mortgage company on Sunday evening and he was adamant there was no problems, boom and bust is history and prices will continue to go up. I argued this for nearly two hours (guinness in hand) and he started to quieten down. It could have been he was tired, although I think it was because he genuinely didnt understand how an economy works.

I'm assuming Wrigglesworth was immune to the sea sickness? He could only feel a calm, level sensation. The possibility of sharp rises and falls are not perceptible to him.

HOLA445

I'm assuming Wrigglesworth was immune to the sea sickness? He could only feel a calm, level sensation. The possibility of sharp rises and falls are not perceptible to him.

Dont worry Wiggleworth will throw up when we get the house crash, infact there will be a lot of people throwing up across the nation so dont leave your rented house without your wellies.

HOLA446

Are you sure the sickness wasn't due to the 'guinness in hand' (or belly) rather than the sea?

Or maybe a rumour was spread that you were a HPCer and your drink was sabatarged? (Apologies - I have no idea how to spell anything!!)

HOLA447

Forget about hitting dry land. Did you hit Wrigglesworth (with the puke)?

If you did I'm sure you would have felt a little less bad :D

Edited by ajh

HOLA448
HOLA449

I think you missed an ideal Lord Nelson "I see no (house price crash) ships" gag there.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Staying stubbornly bullish, even stupidly bullish, has been the best strategy in the property market for the last ten years

Amen to that.

I regularly meet the CEO of one of the biggest EAs in the country which also owns a well known website that regularly produces property reports. He is a very nice man, but despite telling me that they are having 'a terrible year' is convinced that prices will continue to rise after this year's 'blip'. He puts this predicted recovery down to SIPPS and further cuts in IRs.

If this entrenched thinking is prevalent at the highest level in the industry I see little hope for the EAs.