House Price Crash Forum

Carbon Capture More Tosh?

chirpy999

HOLA441

I dont know how these people work but i have calls every day from people trying to get me to invest in various things such as wine and now carbon capture credits.

The firm says I can buy in at £3.20 per unit and the price will be £14.00 in 18 months time.

What do people think?

HOLA442

I dont know how these people work but i have calls every day from people trying to get me to invest in various things such as wine and now carbon capture credits.

The firm says I can buy in at £3.20 per unit and the price will be £14.00 in 18 months time.

What do people think?

They are having to call you up and sell it to you, that's how good it is...

HOLA443

What do people think?

Almost too good to be true. Almost.... you could send them your life savings right now, what have you got to lose?

HOLA444

What do people think?

Brilliant, put me down for £1.60's worth.

HOLA445

What do people think?

the problem with carbon credits is that there are no exchanges set up yet so very difficult to trade. In the US a couple of years ago (at a trade fair) we were approached by a geezer with the same sort of idea as we have a process that reduces carbon output. he was working on behalf of a trading entity in New York.. Goldman somebody or other. No kidding they were looking at it way back when.

HOLA446

What do people think?

A fool and his money are easily parted.

If it was a good investment, they wouldn't be telling you about it.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Carbon capture, given that it doesn't work properly and the pilot schemes in the US are being shut down that sounds like an interesting investment.