House Price Crash Forum

It's Time We Stopped Talking Britain Down - Wail

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2050267/ALEX-BRUMMER-Its-time-stopped-talking-Britain-down.html

Barely a day passes that I don’t receive a new message of gloom and despondency in the shape of a press release emailed from the Labour Party.

Having led Britain to the edge of the economic precipice with their public spending and borrowing binge, together with their soft-touch regulation of greedy bankers, Labour politicians — led by the pugnacious Ed Balls — are wallowing in the collapse of growth, rising levels of unemployment and pressure on household incomes, as if all of this had nothing to do with them.

Balls has even invented his own vocabulary — for example, constantly referring to the economy ‘flatlining’ as if it had died like a hospital patient.

This pessimism among failed Labour politicians over Britain’s economic outlook and the prospects for the country’s businesses and its workforce may be regarded as par for the course in Westminster.

However, what I find far more disturbing is the negative language and gloom of so many heavyweight policy-makers and forecasters who seem determined to talk Britain and the world into a depression similar to, or even worse than, that of the 1930s.

The problem is debt, until we remove the debt burden there will be no recovery and we can't generate more growth by more debt.

If you want positive then the only option is to default either by bankruptcy or a debt jubilee there is no pain free exit, once we've got the doom out of the way we will recover and adapt.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Might be an idea for someone to take Alex Brummer aside and explain that you don't need to talk Britain into a depr4ssion, it's already headed there, and that the people talking about depression are describing events, not influencing them.

yes, you are right.

we are talking about depression, but we don't mean to influence them

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Barely a day passes that I don’t receive a new message of gloom and despondency in the shape of a press release emailed from the Labour Party.

Having led Britain to the edge of the economic precipice with their public spending and borrowing binge, together with their soft-touch regulation of greedy bankers, Labour politicians — led by the pugnacious Ed Balls — are wallowing in the collapse of growth, rising levels of unemployment and pressure on household incomes, as if all of this had nothing to do with them.

It's not often I find myself agreeing with something that's printed in the Mail but this little nugget deserves an A-.

Of course, it's all after the fact but nevertheless. Now, when will they start pointing the finger at all their greedy BTL, second-home-owning, keeping-up-with-the-(Liz)-Joneses, NIMBY readers?

HOLA448
HOLA449

Still says 'exile'..

Where do you exile Daily Mail readers to? I suppose that Saudi Arabia has about the right level of moral policing for them... but they have limits.

somewhere nice and fluffy where everyone has a mansion and full instruction set on how to use the remote control.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

It's not often I find myself agreeing with something that's printed in the Mail but this little nugget deserves an A-.

Of course, it's all after the fact but nevertheless. Now, when will they start pointing the finger at all their greedy BTL, second-home-owning, keeping-up-with-the-(Liz)-Joneses, NIMBY readers?

Most MP's and Lords are multiple BTLers - so you know they won't and they encourage any journalist talking up or supporting of house prices cos of their massive Vi - to the cost of all the Nations savers

HOLA4413