House Price Crash Forum

These Guys Would Make Good Allies

sbn

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
"The Countryside Alliance's research highlights that affordable housing provision is a huge challenge in both urban and rural areas.

Probably because most of the Countryside Alliance members are out marching to protect their villages from planned housing developments.

HOLA444

Probably because most of the Countryside Alliance members are out marching to protect their villages from planned housing developments.

With a name like Countryside Alliance you get the impression they are all about preserving the country side, yet they are complaining about not enough houses being build on said countryside?

Where do they propose these houses be built? Underground? Floating cities in the sky?

I reckon they would be one of the first organisations up in arms if they was to propose building a new town near by. If they can prove they are actually trying to help then I might change my view.

HOLA445

I was thinking more along the lines of alsopp-lile lowlife buyin holiday homes and btl "investments" in the country thus pricing out the locals.

Im sure we ciuld find it in our hearts to forgive them a bit of nimbyism/cottage burning/fox hunting

Edited by sbn

HOLA446

The rich buy a nice house in a village the locals complain about their kids not being able to afford to live in the village. Twenty years later the rich persons kids can't afford to buy in the village and they start to complain.

The answer they all come up with is new cheap houses but only for their kids. Bloody VI the lot of them.

Those with the most money should be able to live in the nicest houses giving certain people special birth right over others is not the way to go.