House Price Crash Forum

Swansea-State Of The Market

thirdwave

HOLA441

Observations today -

Student Digz painting their office a nice blue colour on Mansel St.

Lots of reduced properties in Property Post

Lots listed as new, but have been on for ages recently with other agents.

Gower Coast Properties who once told me " we never have to pay to advertise" have taken out a full page spread!!

In the past few weeks numerous properties have changed EAs - some of them I viewed years ago. Some I have seen on the market for 3 to 5 years. Thank goodness more and more EAs are opening in Swansea as it allows them more firms to move to when the time comes.

A house I viewed the year before last which was then on for 250K is now on for 290K. Nothing has changed in it from the photos.

I think the 'chasing the market down' is definitely going on now for numerous sellers and EAs.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

This is why properties are not selling in Swansea, just “property bee” this and see. First it comes on at £228k in 2009, and then it drops to £205k in 2010. Since then it has just being rising (one time even close to £300k), if you bag this for £200k you would think you’ve gotten yourself a good deal ...ABSOLUTELY NOT !!!

Link

HOLA448

This is why properties are not selling in Swansea, just “property bee” this and see. First it comes on at £228k in 2009, and then it drops to £205k in 2010. Since then it has just being rising (one time even close to £300k), if you bag this for £200k you would think you’ve gotten yourself a good deal ...ABSOLUTELY NOT !!!

Link

High tide?

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Link

Looks like one that me and MT discussed a while ago.

Here is one nearby that I have been asked to market at £230,000

LINKY

Looks good on the inside and to the rear, but looks bad at the front because you can see that it was 2 houses. If they improve the front aspect, then it might sell.

I don't want to market it above £200k, but I won't get the instruction and I'm sick of losing them now, so I'm going to give it a bash and be like the other EA's :ph34r:

Hopefully there is no interest and I can get them to reduce 20% or so.

The main reason why I am taking it on is to increase our stocks and take away some work from the other EA's.

I promise MT :) that I will not become like GC et al. :rolleyes::lol:

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

This one with Simpsons is odd.

According to Propertybee they dropped the asking price from 320K today to 298K but then listed it as Under Offer. Hmmm...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-36340694.html

What a hideous house!!Forget buying it, the vendors would have to pay me to live there. You could get nicer houses in the commuter belt in the South East for that kind of money..

Guess it all comes down to the 'village'/ Welsh riviera effect...

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Just a quick question, is property bee down?

Think it hasn't been working for Swansea listings for a while since its barely registered any reductions in several months....or could it just be delusional vendors stubbornly refusing to drop prices?

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

no thats the one next door on with GCP for 450k! been on for a long time

Isn't that the one that is on for about 100K more than the much nicer house that sold there last year?

I see what passes for 'little cottages' in Mumbles are now falling into the 189K asking price range. The EAs have been trying desperately to keep them up above 200K for all of last year, and some still put them on for stupid asking prices such as 225K and over.

The market is collapsing and it has clearly hit Mumbles - the 'bottom' of the Mumbles market is clearly falling away. I heard that 3 such cottages, all on for 190K to 200K asking price and which the offers came in substantially lower, have failed this month because the banks did not think that the lower offers were low enough for such 'cottages'.

No doubt some of the EAs will continue to over-value the Swansea West area but what is the point if the banks are refusing to lend on such stupid prices? Chickens coming home time.

I am told that Dawsons has joined the flat 1% fee - no idea if true or not - but I was told that one of their managers in 'the West' was complaining to a JF agent about having sell to twice as many properties to bring in the same income.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Yet another seemingly empty house in Swansea West comes on the market.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37320248.html/svr/3112;jsessionid=21EEBAD9667FDFCCFF9FE8AB8E8E2C37

Anyone know what is going on at this junction? This house is for sale right on the corner:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-22247907.html

and the one next to it is on with GC?

I suppose it is a very busy junction with loads of noisy traffic going past, buses, lorries stopping and starting, etc. Odd that two houses side by side have come on the market.

HOLA4424

Lower your price and sell while you still can? There is going to be a rush for the exits?

Chancellor George Osborne is expected to say civil servants, such as Jobcentre and DVLA staff, should have pay brought into line with private sector salaries in their regions.

The Treasury says public sector pay in some parts of England and Wales is up to 18% higher than the private sector.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17411117

HOLA4425