House Price Crash Forum

The Flaw

HOLA441
HOLA442

My boyfriend is a film critic so I got to see this on DVD at the weekend. I think this should be made essential viewing especially for schoolchildren in the hope that this outrageous abuse of the capitalist system never happens again.

It's not exceptionally well filmed, but it's informative in a language that even the most uneducated will understand.

Even the Economics column writer for a leading Amercian Newpaper dutifully explained how he managed to destroy himself financially in the feeding frenzy.

If I owned property in the UK right now I would be petrified.

HOLA443

My boyfriend is a film critic so I got to see this on DVD at the weekend. I think this should be made essential viewing especially for schoolchildren in the hope that this outrageous abuse of the capitalist system never happens again.

It's not exceptionally well filmed, but it's informative in a language that even the most uneducated will understand.

Even the Economics column writer for a leading Amercian Newpaper dutifully explained how he managed to destroy himself financially in the feeding frenzy.

Surely you mean if you had a mortgage you'd be petrified?

:blink:

HOLA444

Not sure about being petrified about actually owning property, i'm sure you mean house occupiers with a large mortgage ;)

HOLA445

Surely you mean if you had a mortgage you'd be petrified?

:blink:

Yes, I stand corrected. A mortgage. If I had bought a shared ownership new build, in 2007, on a 100% interest only mortgage, then I would be even more petrified.

HOLA446

Cool your jets Starla. I've worked for a Hollywood studio for 22 years. Fact is the "most uneducated" will never see a single frame of this.

HOLA447

Cool your jets Starla. I've worked for a Hollywood studio for 22 years. Fact is the "most uneducated" will never see a single frame of this.

Fair point. Barb Wire is re-released on Blu-Ray for starters.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Isn't much of London still buying property as if "real estate" does indeed rise forever?

Then you have posters coming on here, saying that wages have risen 30% since 2001 and that renders property prices back at 2001/2 levels in real terms.

So, I don't know what to believe. If only the UK (and not just NI) were showing the falls we see across the pond

HOLA4410

Isn't much of London still buying property as if "real estate" does indeed rise forever?

Then you have posters coming on here, saying that wages have risen 30% since 2001 and that renders property prices back at 2001/2 levels in real terms.

So, I don't know what to believe. If only the UK (and not just NI) were showing the falls we see across the pond

if wages had risen 30% the sheeple would be home and dry with their loans?

HOLA4411