House Price Crash Forum

"...on The Verge Of A Great, Great Depression..."

HOLA441
Wall Street is having a hard time figuring out what to do now that the U.S. economy appears to be sputtering and yields are so low, Peter Yastrow, market strategist for Yastrow Origer, told CNBC.

"What we’ve got right now is almost near panic going on with money managers and people who are responsible for money," he said. "They can not find a yield and you just don’t want to be putting your money into commodities or things that are punts that might work out or they might not depending on what happens with the economy.

"We need to find real yield and real returns on these assets. You see bad data, you see Treasurys rally, you see all bonds and all fixed-income rally and then the people who are betting against the U.S. economy start getting bearish on stocks. That’s a huge mistake."

Stocks extended losses after the manufacturing fell below expectations in May and the private sector added only 38,000 jobs during the month.

"Interest rates are amazingly low and that, thanks to Ben Bernanke, is driving everything," Yastrow said. "We’re on the verge of a great, great depression. The [Federal Reserve] knows it.

"We have many, many homeowners that are totally underwater here and cannot get out from under. The technology frontier is limited right now. We definitely have an innovation slowdown and the economy’s gonna suffer."

However, he said he wouldn’t sell stocks.

"Any bears out there better be careful because the dividend yields on these stocks look awesome relative to all the other investment vehicles out there," Yastrow said. "So bears are going to have to find a new way to express their discontent with the U.S. economy."

Source

HOLA442

Simples ......................Prices are too high, they have to crash, they have to become "value", wages are wages, higher wages go, higher rates go, higher taxes go..........prices are too high, repeat prices are too high.

There are no yields, so we must all start working for our living instead of chasing yields down on the back of the ever increasing debt mountain.............

HOLA443

We'll get a nice sharp 'crash' and this will be used as the pretext to kick off yet another round of QE with the justification that the last lot did good but wasn't quite enough.

Should provide a great buying opportunity for those with a bit of financial nous and the available capital. Of course, these boom/bust cycles are getting ever shorter and shorter now so the game is very nearly up.

HOLA444

You can smell the depressionary enviroment out there, you can see real people struggling, a few more years of this, house prices, well they ain't going higher, and you can bet they will not stay constantly high, the real nudge button is real people getting poorer, that is the catylist for the great HPC of 2008 to 2015. We are in a depression, its just we do not know till its over in 2020....................

HOLA445
HOLA446

Hyperinflationary bust. Leading to new currency thus debt wiped out along with cash savings. Those holding productive assets left in an excellent position.

I take it then you hold a commodity or have bought/own a house?

HOLA447
HOLA448

We'll get a nice sharp 'crash' and this will be used as the pretext to kick off yet another round of QE with the justification that the last lot did good but wasn't quite enough.

Should provide a great buying opportunity for those with a bit of financial nous and the available capital. Of course, these boom/bust cycles are getting ever shorter and shorter now so the game is very nearly up.

The only way they can sell QE3 is to let the D-monster out for a bit to stomp around, maybe flatten a couple of banks buildings. After a couple of weeks we'll be begging for printy.

HOLA449

I take it then you hold a commodity or have bought/own a house?

No house as they are still too expensive to represent good value for money (despite large local falls) but Gold and Swiss Francs figure large in my savings. Looking to get the sterling part out of cash and at least into productive assets, preferably non sterling based.

HOLA4410

No house as they are still too expensive to represent good value for money (despite large local falls) but Gold and Swiss Francs figure large in my savings. Looking to get the sterling part out of cash and at least into productive assets, preferably non sterling based.

Gold then, for me the jury is still out, but i am not defending FIAT. I just do not think there is any hiding place, i think we will all lose, its just maybe when the dust settles either those who had nothing to lose lost least?

Its seems like a living standard re-adjustment, someone somewhere has to get their hands dirty to pay for our supper, so by owning a commodity may preserve wealth, but it does not buy food and warmth, maybe a gun and a box of matches could be of use?

HOLA4411

Hyperinflationary bust. Leading to new currency thus debt wiped out along with cash savings. Those holding productive assets left in an excellent position.

The alternative is the US could still pull the fat out of the fire: arrest bankers, close bankrupt banks, government stop spending money. The US can turn on a dime when it wants to, however unlikely it looks now.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Read the comments, uh.............

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1393287/British-economy-Dont-rates-consumption-rises.html#comments

If interest rates are to stay low till spending rises.., 1) Savers won't spend, and debtors are too scarded to spend whatever the rate, 2) House prices will stay high but unstable, so home-owners are too scared to spend and 1st time buyers are still committing too much cash to mortgage to have any spare to spend. So |I'm thinking of the words 'egg', 'chicken, and 'and' here.

Edited by Panda

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Oh please, Goldman's have been subpoenaed and fined before. It's just to show the masses that "see the government really is doing something"

They will get a few million dollar fine and a little slap on the wrist, and told to be good, or else....

And then when the masses get angry, the whole little charade will happen again.

Rinse, lather, repeat.

Edited by mel in w9

HOLA4418
Wall Street is having a hard time figuring out what to do now that the U.S. economy appears to be sputtering and yields are so low, Peter Yastrow, market strategist for Yastrow Origer, told CNBC.

"What we’ve got right now is almost near panic going on with money managers and people who are responsible for money," he said. "They can not find a yield and you just don’t want to be putting your money into commodities or things that are punts that might work out or they might not depending on what happens with the economy.

"Any bears out there better be careful because the dividend yields on these stocks look awesome relative to all the other investment vehicles out there," Yastrow said. "So bears are going to have to find a new way to express their discontent with the U.S. economy."

Am I the only one who doesn't have a clue what he means?

Investors don't know where to put their money because they cannot find a yield, yet he wouldn't recommend selling stocks because "dividend yields look awesome relative to other investments".

Unless he is saying the yield on everything else is negative (possible if considering "real" yield) I don't understand his logic...

Edited by libspero

HOLA4419

Gold then, for me the jury is still out, but i am not defending FIAT. I just do not think there is any hiding place, i think we will all lose, its just maybe when the dust settles either those who had nothing to lose lost least?

Its seems like a living standard re-adjustment, someone somewhere has to get their hands dirty to pay for our supper, so by owning a commodity may preserve wealth, but it does not buy food and warmth, maybe a gun and a box of matches could be of use?

What...since oct 2004?

or when the 2009 bailouts started?

:blink:

Edited by spp

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

What...since oct 2004?

or when the 2009 bailouts started?

:blink:

Why are Gold holders so persistent in that we should all anounce its the place to be? Why not just sit back and smile, they were right we were wrong, but they still have to keep coming back, annoucing "jump aboard" or else? Its like an obsession, testing to see whether they are actually right, is there someone who will pronounce another new bubble to safeguard the wealth way from FIAT?

You got you GOLD, go away and get rich quick or die tryin? But this is a forum about houses, not BLING!

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Why are Gold holders so persistent in that we should all anounce its the place to be? Why not just sit back and smile, they were right we were wrong, but they still have to keep coming back, annoucing "jump aboard" or else? Its like an obsession, testing to see whether they are actually right, is there someone who will pronounce another new bubble to safeguard the wealth way from FIAT?

They are looking for confirmation they are right- which means they are not sure they are right. For every buyer of gold there is a seller- who takes fiat in return.

With a hyperinflationary iceberg in plain view, why would anyone do this?

Edited by wonderpup