House Price Crash Forum

£100K Rule

HOLA441

I've come to the conclusion that there is an unwritten rule around that states if you market your property you should first decide what would be a reasonable price and then add £100k.

Everything that comes onto the market in my area of interest (west dorset), from 1 bed flats to average 4 bed detached's, is £100k overpriced.

We then start the inevitable 5-10k drops with months in between.

Is this what happens everywhere?

HOLA442

It's like with taxis. When you get in a taxi there's £2.50 or whatever on the meter when you get in, and mileage or time just add to that.

I've long said that there's a price 'on the clock' for properties too - say £80K, which is simply for the fact that it's a property for sale - that actual value of the land and what's built on it is added on top.

HOLA443

I've come to the conclusion that there is an unwritten rule around that states if you market your property you should first decide what would be a reasonable price and then add £100k.

Everything that comes onto the market in my area of interest (west dorset), from 1 bed flats to average 4 bed detached's, is £100k overpriced.

Cos that's what the house is 'worth'. :rolleyes:

HOLA444

Cos that's what the house is 'worth'. :rolleyes:

Dont be daft, its the twigs in a vase that add the value !! :lol:

House Asking Price = (Actual Value Of Property - Actual Value Of Property) + (Number of twigs in a vase * (Amount of coffee being roasted + Loaves of fresh bread on the go))

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Don't be silly. I bought a 3 bedroom detached for 160K in 2009

My first house bought was a 2 bedroom end terrace in 1999 for 72K

So you're saying the detached house should be 60K ? hahahahaha

Yeah and seeing as you took it so literally, he/she is also saying your first place should have been -28k :rolleyes:

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Yes it's an estate agent ploy. Think about who benefits.