House Price Crash Forum

Upside For A Change

AndrewPap

HOLA441
HOLA442
Allow for some upside on HPC, job creation

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4257504.stm

Oh there's plenty of upside.

House prices are going to fall at least 30% in nominal terms over the next 5 years.

That's excellent news for those wishing to get on the housing ladder and those wishing to buy bigger houses.

We're also going to see the end of all those rubbish TV property programs, that's going to make me even happier than the HPC!

HOLA443
Oh there's plenty of upside.

House prices are going to fall at least 30% in nominal terms over the next 5 years.

That's excellent news for those wishing to get on the housing ladder and those wishing to buy bigger houses.

We're also going to see the end of all those rubbish TV property programs, that's going to make me even happier than the HPC!

Well if I can predict anything in next 5 years its not going to be dreams, but we are all entitled to them...did you predict the house price rise 5 years ago as well?

HOLA444
Allow for some upside on HPC, job creation

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4257504.stm

It's a bit of a zero-sum game, considering that Next and other retaIlers are describing the worst trading conditions since the early 90s!

As pure interpretation on my part, it may be indicative of a move away from bling-bling era posh high street clothes shopping etc towards frankly cheaper poorer quality supermarket substitutes.

I think tesco will prve to be a success beyond a weak economy and such gains in efficiency will ulitamately serve the broader economy well, but you have to admit that tesco's gain does appear to be less significant than the general malaise in the high street going off recent headlines.

HOLA445

Tesco will be naturally be aiming to take trade away from existing retailers. Net employement gain therefore would be considerably less in the longer term.

There is a trend towards "Tesco Local" stores, or whatever they're called. Taking over an existing small shop and re-branding it. Tesco would claim to be creating jobs, but these are jobs that existed anyway, just not as Tesco staff.

HOLA446
Well if I can predict anything in next 5 years its not going to be dreams, but we are all entitled to them...did you predict the house price rise 5 years ago as well?

Yes.

I also predict that it will be dark outside by 9pm.

Funny enough, I also predict that it will be very cold in England by January.

Are you from Edinburgh? Prices still rising/stagnant up there?

Edited by BandWagon

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410