House Price Crash Forum

People 'camping In Tents' To Buy Houses.

libitina

HOLA441

http://www.shropshirestar.com/show_article.php?aID=37279

Why? These houses are overpriced for this area and will still need work doing on them.

In the same area you could have this for £10k less.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-899...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

Numpties! :rolleyes:

HOLA442
http://www.shropshirestar.com/show_article.php?aID=37279

Why? These houses are overpriced for this area and will still need work doing on them.

In the same area you could have this for £10k less.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-899...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

Numpties!  :rolleyes:

I was an army brat. The standard of these MOD properties is even worse than present day new builds. Thats only in the UK though, in Germany the houses are very good quality, cellars in every one and bigger gardens. Mind you they knew they would be getting them back at some stage.

HOLA443
I was an army brat. The standard of these MOD properties is even worse than present day new builds. Thats only in the UK though, in Germany the houses are very good quality, cellars in every one and bigger gardens. Mind you they knew they would be getting them back at some stage.

I'm married to the RAF, hence why I say that these will still need work on them. 20 or so years of botch repair jobs doesn't bode well.

Another thought, we would get discount on one of these if we were to buy one, but even WITH the discount we still couldn't afford it on normal multiples and OH is a sergeant. How are we supposed to afford it?

HOLA444
HOLA445

Camping in Tents

===========

Well, I've been camping in tents for just aaaages, sweetie..

it's just soooooo not me to have to camp, you know....

all smelly socks and flies and eeuuuwwww, I just *can't*

mention the loo problems.

I just can't *wait* to get into a little bijou place of my very own

and get the curtains up, luvviekins....

HOLA446
I'm married to the RAF, hence why I say that these will still need work on them. 20 or so years of botch repair jobs doesn't bode well.

Another thought, we would get discount on one of these if we were to buy one, but even WITH the discount we still couldn't afford it on normal multiples and OH is a sergeant. How are we supposed to afford it?

The MOD homes at RAF Leeming were first class I thought, just a pity they let the army families in :o

As for Marham and Wittering I guess the best you can say is that they're cheap!

Edited by ILBB

HOLA447
The MOD homes at RAF Leeming were first class I thought, just a pity they let the army families in :o

As for Marham and Wittering I guess the best you can say is that they're cheap!

Leeming was our last posting, I loved it there and still visit friends in the area. I must admit I did cry and refused to move in when I saw the quarter (a 2 bed house- tiny!), though I was stressed with moving back to the UK and all that. First time I've been in a house where the kitchen was 20 years older than the house itself!

I still miss my job there too (Stepping Stones) :(

HOLA448
Camping in Tents

===========

Well, I've been camping in tents for just aaaages, sweetie..

it's just soooooo not me to have to camp, you know....

all smelly socks and flies and eeuuuwwww, I just *can't*

mention the loo problems.

I just can't *wait* to get into a little bijou place of my very own

and get the curtains up, luvviekins....

Maybe its time we all camped in tents. We could forget about 12.5x multiples and other complex real world problems, stop torturing ourselves about the failure to achieve within the current financial paradigm, zip up the tent fly and put another spam pattie on the burner. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Thats what I say.

HOLA449
HOLA4410