House Price Crash Forum

The Game Is Over...according To Knight Research

HOLA441

There is no doubt there is a game under way, a delay of the unwind that started in 2008, but was interrupted by QE, dollar swaps, bailouts and stimulus.

Via Zerohedge:

From Knight Research: "The simple story is this: We believe the structural and cyclical terms of global trade have finally reached their tipping point. This will catalyze a wholesale change in sentiment and a historic repositioning of risk assets. The emerging market global growth story is over...Although such cataclysmic shocks rarely result in rhythmic, straight line fractures, the chain of price adjustments should be relatively clear. Accordingly, we expect a shockingly powerful rally in the dollar, broadbased weakness across the commodity sector, a dramatic widening of emerging market credit spreads, and what could prove to be a stampede of hot fund flows out of the emerging markets. We appreciate both the gravity and the brevity of this note; but then again, the story is simple. "

Yea baby bring it on...

HOLA442
HOLA443

who is Knight Research?

Several commentators on the ZeroHedge article have asked the same question. So far the leading contenders seem to be:

1. The people who created K.I.T.T.

2. A group who research UFOs.

Unless stronger contenders emerge, I will postpone my order of 10,000 tins of baked beans from the Asda website :)

HOLA444
Several commentators on the ZeroHedge article have asked the same question. So far the leading contenders seem to be:
  1. The people who created K.I.T.T.

2. A group who research UFOs.

Unless stronger contenders emerge, I will postpone my order of 10,000 tins of baked beans from the Asda website :)

It must be UFOs, the people that created K.I.T.T. were the Knight FOUNDATION.

HOLA445

who is Knight Research?

This lot:

No. 1 Trading Firm Declares Global Growth Story Over

The global investment strategist for Knight Capital, which executes more trades than any other U.S. firm, said that a breakdown in the equitable terms of global trade, especially by China, will end the emerging market global growth story.
“The game is over,” said Knight’s Mark Lapolla in a one-page note to clients today. “We expect a shockingly powerful rally in the dollar, broad-based weakness across the commodity sector, a dramatic widening of emerging market credit spreads, and what could prove to be a stampede of hot fund flows out of the emerging markets.”

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

This lot:

The global investment strategist for Knight Capital, which executes more trades than any other U.S. firm, said that a breakdown in the equitable terms of global trade, especially by China, will end the emerging market global growth story.
"The game is over," said Knight's Mark Lapolla in a one-page note to clients today. "We expect a shockingly powerful rally in the dollar, broad-based weakness across the commodity sector, a dramatic widening of emerging market credit spreads, and what could prove to be a stampede of hot fund flows out of the emerging markets."

ah - that's more interesting :)

HOLA4410

This lot:

“The game is over,” said Knight’s Mark Lapolla in a one-page note to clients today. “We expect a shockingly powerful rally in the dollar, broad-based weakness across the commodity sector, a dramatic widening of emerging market credit spreads, and what could prove to be a stampede of hot fund flows out of the emerging markets.”

Did anyone else notice the advert on the CNBC page?

Mortgage rates hit 2.67% Government will give you $5000 if your mortgage is less than $729,000 to keep you paying your mortgage. Whatever the fine print, good grief!

Capture.JPG

post-8808-0-47783800-1290039111_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tiger Woods?

HOLA4411

Angus Tulloch - a star emerging markets fund manager over the past 20 years or so - has recently said the following:

http://www.citywire.co.uk/global/first-state-star-angus-tulloch-answers-citywires-questions/a443114?ref=citywire-global-latest-news-list

</h2>

<h2>How are you positioning the fund?

As at the end of July 2010, the fund was overweight Consumer Staples, Industrials, Telecom Services, Utilities and Healthcare, whilst underweight Financials, Information Technology, Materials, Consumer Discretionary and Energy. However, we note that Asian consumer companies, perceived to be offering a defensive growth profile, have become a little too ‘fashionable’ with investors. Both the Chinese and Indian markets look priced for near perfection.

On the regional level, the fund is overweight South East Asia and South Korea and underweight Greater China, Australasia and the Indian Subcontinent.

Are you worried about a slowdown in China?

We are underweight in China at present, given that it is difficult to see how, over the medium term, China could successfully sustain a situation with inflation running at 3%-5% and interest rates as low as they are today. In the case of China, we are also concerned about the longer-term impact of lowering lending standards. Our inherent focus on soundly financed and above average quality companies, current over-weighting of defensive sectors and gold exposure should all help mitigate these negative macro influences.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Yeah the Knight Industries Two Thousand. Ten years out of ******ing date pal. Get with the times.

I'm pretty sure when the old man died Knight Industries was sold off and the money used to pay for the Knight Foundation.

And most of the tech in KITT is still ahead of what we have now... though not far. We have talking cars, self driving cars, phone-watches, advanced survielence tech, but the clever paint job and power plant are still ahead of us.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Good question:

Answer one of 15 participants in the SLV scam.

Looks they have a VI in continuing to control "paper silver".

Maybe they made promises they can't keep.

Oh man, when someone reputable makes an analysis based upon information and reasoning, it must be a conspiracy or 'secret plot' to manipulate precious metals. And the earth is really flat, it's just that the story it is round is based upon a conspiracy of the round-earthers...

HOLA4417

Oh man, when someone reputable makes an analysis based upon information and reasoning, it must be a conspiracy or 'secret plot' to manipulate precious metals. And the earth is really flat, it's just that the story it is round is based upon a conspiracy of the round-earthers...

When someone whose job it is to make money from their trades tells you something, you can be damn sure that they are hoping to influence your behaviour to their own benefit.

HOLA4418

what does that mean?

Madoff was reputable.

Giant Squid is reputable

Lehmans were reputable

HOLA4419

When someone whose job it is to make money from their trades tells you something, you can be damn sure that they are hoping to influence your behaviour to their own benefit.

I think that this is statement far more true of the PM community than any where else. PM dealers make their money one way only, by selling/trading more PM's. That's why there is this incessant ramp, ramp, ramp on their web sites. Knight, FX Concepts (both having the same view, btw), make money on both sides of the trade. So what it the advantage in them making these longer term predictions? None, except their credibility.

HOLA4420

Good God you are niave.

Suggest you stop listening to what the big boys say. Perhaps if you had done a bit more reasearch instead of a cut n paste job you may come to a different conclusion.

Toto you want to play with the big boys but I m afraid your pass is for the little kiddies playground.

Of you go now.

HOLA4421

Good God you are niave.

Suggest you stop listening to what the big boys say. Perhaps if you had done a bit more reasearch instead of a cut n paste job you may come to a different conclusion.

Toto you want to play with the big boys but I m afraid your pass is for the little kiddies playground.

Of you go now.

Evil skull-duggery, massive manipulation by everyone, right? A giant global plot of epic proportions? Hahaha. That's what one gets incessantly on the PM dealer web sites. Snake oil. If there was ever someone talking his own book, it's Keiser. Every 2nd word uttered (sometimes every word).

HOLA4422

Evil skull-duggery, massive manipulation by everyone, right? A giant global plot of epic proportions? Hahaha. That's what one gets incessantly on the PM dealer web sites. Snake oil. If there was ever someone talking his own book, it's Keiser. Every 2nd word uttered (sometimes every word).

You see I never said any such thing.

But no mister Rabid reads everything in to nothing.

Foaming at the mouth ranting about conspiracy theories but completely missing the simple point.

If you want to stay ignorant thats fine by me.

HOLA4423

You see I never said any such thing.

But no mister Rabid reads everything in to nothing.

Foaming at the mouth ranting about conspiracy theories but completely missing the simple point.

If you want to stay ignorant thats fine by me.

And what is the simple point?

(Please don't say 'Gravity Always Wins') :P