House Price Crash Forum

Discussion About Falling House Prices

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

A complete non story - they are tripping over each other IMPO and trying to make a story out of nothing.

It, again IMPO, just seems so obvious that they were banking on hooking this story around rising house prices and a lack of homes... but - are you listening Channel 4 News - house prices are about to crash!!!

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Was that it?

I was at a meeting the other night discussing some Planning Strategy, initiated pre-'credit crunch' and not revised, but still talking in terms of 'affordable housing', i.e., having a percentage of lower cost homes on developments and shared equity schemes.

Annoying, that plans to hang around for the next 15 years still talk in terms of interfering in the market and propping up over-priced houses.

Just realised no-one will read this now!

HOLA448

Was that it?

I was at a meeting the other night discussing some Planning Strategy, initiated pre-'credit crunch' and not revised, but still talking in terms of 'affordable housing', i.e., having a percentage of lower cost homes on developments and shared equity schemes.

Annoying, that plans to hang around for the next 15 years still talk in terms of interfering in the market and propping up over-priced houses.

Just realised no-one will read this now!

but isn't fine detail od meddling planning policy dependent on there being many public sector planners requiring work to do?

won't this just get forgotten in a filing cabinet somewhere once the staff are downsized?

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Interesting correlation. 2007 housebuilds highest for 15 years. So high number of new house builds = high prices and builders only build when they can rip off house buyers.

It's obvious really, the higher the price the more the builder want to build, the more unaffordable, the more shared equity/subsidies and the lower the interest rate needed. It was noticeable that once the crash happened, planning applications and land banking shuddered to a halt - a bubble driven by speculation.

The market wasn't functioning properly, and perhaps if fantasy prices are gone and not propped up, then land values will fall and houses can still be built at a modest profit for those that need and can genuinely afford them.