House Price Crash Forum

Drugalyser And Cannabis

Tin Foil Hat

HOLA441

The problem is someone who was drunk two weeks ago passes the drugs test.

Someone who smoked cannabis two weeks ago probably doesn't.

If they want to do this sort of test it should probably be a straight forward sobriety test like the US police (used to?) do.

Its worse than that a lot of places use the driving pass/fail levels for alcohol so theoretically you have a situation where people are allowed to work under the influence

I would not like to see anyone on site under the influence of anything ,but to sack someone for taking something days and even weeks ago when it comes to cannabis and allow someone to work under the influence of alcohol is a farce

Like i said above this can now be avoided when talking about cannabis by the use of swab tests the same for most other drugs too but they tend to be detectable for a longer period 1-3 days opposed to cannabis which tends to be clear from saliva swab test with in 6-12 hours

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

How many employers actually drug test their staff here in the UK? I know the Armed Forces do as do the NHS, but I've never heard of it anywhere else. Talking to my mates in the States though it sounds like everyone gets tested at their job on a fairly regular basis, once or twice a month. I find it bizarre and I'd struggle to tolerate having to provide my employer a bottle of piss every fortnight. It's an invasion of my space as far as I'm concerned. As long as nobody is turning up absolutely off their tits what does it matter?

I work for a well-known UK public transport company and I have been selected for random alcohol and drug testing twice in the last year.

Clean both times but still strangely worrying for the few seconds it takes for the result to come out.

Edit to add: I don't actually take drugs and always count my units when I drink so there was never a chancr of a positive result.

HOLA444

Archived