House Price Crash Forum

Bellwether Property Near Me Drops 25K

HOLA441

I have been following a "typical" detached bungalow in a nice area (east of Brighton). On the market for ages at 285 and I just received an email offering it for 260k. Anyone buying now will only offer 250k to get below the tax threshold. In reality it won't shift right now for over 250. This is a big drop and right at around 10% for mid year. 20% down by Crimbo looks like a dead cert IMO.

I am feeling most bouyant.

HOLA442

I have been following a "typical" detached bungalow in a nice area (east of Brighton). On the market for ages at 285 and I just received an email offering it for 260k. Anyone buying now will only offer 250k to get below the tax threshold. In reality it won't shift right now for over 250. This is a big drop and right at around 10% for mid year. 20% down by Crimbo looks like a dead cert IMO.

I'm going to put my house on at £1 million and then drop the asking price to £500K next week. That's a 50% drop in a week, by Christmas people will be paying other people to have take their houses off their hands. Hooray!

HOLA443

THe RB index.......sample one bungalow............based on asking prices.............as much use as a chocolate teapot!!!!!!!!

Get real RB....if you want to claim your 20% off by the end of the year you will have to hope for actual falls on the main indices (Haliwide and LR). The Nationwide fell by 0.5% today.....so only 19.5% drops required in 5 months!

HOLA444

Let me know where it is and I will gazump you!

:unsure:

HOLA445

I hope that you find somewhere you like soon so that you can enjoy some peace.

HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest Noodle

I hope that you find somewhere you like soon so that you can enjoy some peace.

I guess RB's got Grandkids in the UK thus he stays. For a tenth of the price of that bungalow there are many much bigger bungalows available in other countries. Sat in one right now.

How big is it RB, the bungalow?

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

I have been following a "typical" detached bungalow in a nice area (east of Brighton). ....

There are no nice areas east of Brighton.

Prices are falling in that area due to the big sh1t processing plant that is being built in Peacehaven and the incinerator in Newhaven.

Anyway it will be full of immigrants soon won't it RB?