House Price Crash Forum

Anger After 900 Computer Jobs Axed

HOLA441
<br />trouble is that it is not so easy to fire politicos, banksters and all the other state chartered cartels.<br /><br />their costs are a HUGE overhead on the expense of doing in business in the UK.<br /><br />frankly, it's no wonder companies are choosing to scale down their business activity in this country.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

This country is seen as easy pickings for the rest of the World - that's why it's known as "Rip-Off Britain"

They double and triple the prices they sell stuff to us here in the UK coz we have been 'conditioned' not to barter on prices and have no idea how to do it.

(another reason house prices went up so far - but for another thread)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

These might not be truly private sector jobs, the EDS wing of HP is largely involved in government IT systems. You know, those massive, over bureaucratic systems that are obsolete long before they have passed out of the design stage.

This is probably a private sector impact of a public sector budget cut, there will be many more before this is over.

This was announced weeks ago!

It is to do with datacentres.

HP is consolidating their Datacentres and in the process ditching related staff in areas where DC's are going, it will affect thousands of people all over the world, about 10 - 20% of the losses will be in the UK.

As for the EDS side .... contracts don't appear to have been re-negotiated yet but when they are expect more redundancies; HP / FJ / Cap Gem / Andersons / EAD's / Computercentre / BT / Atos etc ...

Oh happy days (maybe, if you keep your job)!

HOLA443

This was announced weeks ago!

It is to do with datacentres.

HP is consolidating their Datacentres and in the process ditching related staff in areas where DC's are going, it will affect thousands of people all over the world, about 10 - 20% of the losses will be in the UK.

As for the EDS side .... contracts don't appear to have been re-negotiated yet but when they are expect more redundancies; HP / FJ / Cap Gem / Andersons / EAD's / Computercentre / BT / Atos etc ...

Oh happy days (maybe, if you keep your job)!

What happens if the Government IT suppliers decide that they do not want to negotiate their contracts with HMG but instead decide to get their lawyers to hold them to the agreed conditions (especially if those contracts run beyond the sell by date of this government in 2015). Some companies such as IBM virtually refuse to do business with the British government already because they are more trouble than they are worth.

HOLA444

by barry:

Compter says no.

Economies ranked by trade union membership and ranked by GDP per head according to the World Bank.

1 Sweden: 82% 10th

2 Denmark: 76% 4th

Finland: 76% 9th

4 Norway: 57% 2th

5 Belgium: 53% 11th

6 Ireland: 45% 5th

7 Austria: 37% 8th

oopps another one caught out.. looks like you are wrong.... :P:P

where is this fight against communism taking place in the uk.......can you tell me please?

I think unions are wasteful, too expensive and harmful.

You and barry posted some statistics that support this. Thanks. Similarly, you might find that wealthier countries waste more money on 4x4s, fancy phones etc. Can you find some stats for those too?

The fight against communism is going well, all those spies caught, Labour defeated, Obama losing popularity, although I admit that (Common Purpose?) Clegg is a bit of a fly in the ointment.

HOLA445
Guest absolutezero

These might not be truly private sector jobs, the EDS wing of HP is largely involved in government IT systems. You know, those massive, over bureaucratic systems that are obsolete long before they have passed out of the design stage.

This is probably a private sector impact of a public sector budget cut, there will be many more before this is over.

Don't be daft.

The public and private sectors have clear dividing lines between them.

The world is black and white. No shades of grey.

What? You mean it's not? They'll not like that on here...

HOLA446
Guest absolutezero

In Germany there is a genuine partnership between employers and unions. Which is the way it should be.

But as we are seeing in this country as soon as the bad economic times hit employers ditch the partnership approach and use their advantage to attack

employees jobs, pay and pensions. It has got very nasty very quickly.

You're talking to people who, mentally, are still 17 years old and believe they are bombproof.

HOLA447
Guest absolutezero

And what has the above got to do with fighting for your job ? It is not your job and never will be. Go to a different job where you will be compensated better for the work you have to do.

And this is why the private sector have been anally raped over the years but the public sector haven't.

Now the private sector see what they've done to themselves the toys are being thrown out of the pram.

Edited by absolutezero

HOLA448
Guest absolutezero

I think unions are wasteful, too expensive and harmful.

To hoist you by your own petard...

The union members choose to pay for them so it's none of your business how much they cost or what their effect is....

HOLA449

What happens if the Government IT suppliers decide that they do not want to negotiate their contracts with HMG but instead decide to get their lawyers to hold them to the agreed conditions (especially if those contracts run beyond the sell by date of this government in 2015). Some companies such as IBM virtually refuse to do business with the British government already because they are more trouble than they are worth.

You have a point, however, the "larger" contracts are all geared towards "releases". Bummer if they (the gov) don't want the next release after all that R & D!

Sometimes a tenner is better than nothing!

HOLA4410

Because people are not free. They have to work to make money. And changing jobs doesnt change anything because you will face the same

problems where ever you go. There is no running away and nowhere to hide. In a Capitalist system if you have been born into the working class

you have to work to live. You dont have a choice, you cant leave and go somewhere else or do something else.

100% correct

I am currently struggling with huge workload in an extremely stretched private sector company - it really is a depressing way to spend the best part of your waking life.

I dream about telling them to stick it - but although I have savings (& no mortgage) I still need income

To those people (and I think there are a few on HPC)who manage to get by outside of the corporate nightmare - I salute you

HOLA4411

And this is why the private sector have been anally raped over the years but the public sector haven't.

Now the private sector see what they've done to themselves the toys are being thrown out of the pram.

And hasn't that ended up great...

HOLA4412
Guest absolutezero

And hasn't that ended up great...

The public sector have it ok. The private sector have taken one up the chuff.

Part of the reason we're in this mess is because people's precious private sector refuses to employ Western people. Mainly because of greed.

The private sector is the PROBLEM, not the solution.

HOLA4413

No

What you have to remember is that the private sector has to write it's own pay cheque, meanwhile the pulic sector had a big blank cheque book given to them at the tax payers espense by GB. Now the money has to be found to pay that back as the public sector wrote itself so many cheques it went overdrawn. All the extra money that GB taxed and more has been spent. The new government understand that the private sector can not underwriting these cheques and pay back the overdraft that the public sector ran up so is crubing the public sector spending . The public sector don't like the new reality , the same reality that the private sector has always had.

HOLA4414
Guest absolutezero

No

What you have to remember is that the private sector has to write it's own pay cheque, meanwhile the pulic sector had a big blank cheque book given to them at the tax payers espense by GB. Now the money has to be found to pay that back as the public sector wrote itself so many cheques it went overdrawn. All the extra money that GB taxed and more has been spent. The new government understand that the private sector can not underwriting these cheques and pay back the overdraft that the public sector ran up so is crubing the public sector spending . The public sector don't like the new reality , the same reality that the private sector has always had.

Pity the casualties of the cuts will be a lot of "private" sector people then isn't it?

HOLA4415

The public sector have it ok. The private sector have taken one up the chuff.

Part of the reason we're in this mess is because people's precious private sector refuses to employ Western people. Mainly because of greed.

:blink:

HOLA4416
Guest absolutezero

:blink:

To put it another way.

The public sector over-spend is as a result of the private sector shedding jobs like no tomorrow.

HOLA4417

Try ringing some of the government department's in london and see who answers the phone. Lots of them can not speak English. My brother is a credit controller and deals with the government department's all day long. Quite often he rings and has to put the phone down and call back hopeing a different person answers the phone as the first person could not speak English .

I don't think this is to do with greed but the multi cultral society that has been ramed down peoples throats at their own expense as the last government was having it whether we liked it or not .

HOLA4418
Guest absolutezero

Try ringing some of the government department's in london and see who answers the phone. Lots of them can not speak English. My brother is a credit controller and deals with the government department's all day long. Quite often he rings and has to put the phone down and call back hopeing a different person answers the phone as the first person could not speak English .

I don't think this is to do with greed but the multi cultral society that has been ramed down peoples throats at their own expense as the last government was having it whether we liked it or not .

So off-shoring jobs is because of multi-culturalism and not greed? :lol:

HOLA4419

Pity the casualties of the cuts will be a lot of "private" sector people then isn't it?

Yes it is but the money that has been overspent has to be paid back. It is a pity that people who were never invited to the party yet paid for it are now going to be paying for the overspend on top.

HOLA4420

To put it another way.

The public sector over-spend is as a result of the private sector shedding jobs like no tomorrow.

I would think the public sector overspend is as a result of a Labour Government being in power for a long time. It does seem to happen over and over again.

Are you saying that these jobs have been created to make up the job losses from the private sector ?

HOLA4421
Guest absolutezero

Yes it is but the money that has been overspent has to be paid back. It is a pity that people who were never invited to the party yet paid for it are now going to be paying for the overspend on top.

Please tell me you don't believe offshoring jobs to India is about multi-culturalism as opposed to more profit.

Please tell me you're on the wind up.

HOLA4422
Guest absolutezero

I would think the public sector overspend is as a result of a Labour Government being in power for a long time. It does seem to happen over and over again.

Are you saying that these jobs have been created to make up the job losses from the private sector ?

Correct.

EDIT

The latter part of your post. Not the first.

Edited by absolutezero

HOLA4423

So off-shoring jobs is because of multi-culturalism and not greed? :lol:

I thought you are a teacher

Can you not read what is put in front of you ?

I was just describing that western people have not been employed in the public sector just like you said they were not employed in the private sector.

One as you stated was for greed the other as I stated was due to MC being implemented wheter we liked it or not.

HOLA4424

Please tell me you don't believe offshoring jobs to India is about multi-culturalism as opposed to more profit.

Please tell me you're on the wind up.

Read what is put in front of you , let me repeat as i do understand that you do have trouble reading what is written.

Read waht is put in front of you.

Do you need me to write it a thrid time ? let me know.

HOLA4425