House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fudge

Anger After 900 Computer Jobs Axed

Guest absolutezero

I thought you are a teacher

Can you not read what is put in front of you ?

I was just describing that western people have not been employed in the public sector just like you said they were not employed in the private sector.

One as you stated was for greed the other as I stated was due to MC being implemented wheter we liked it or not.

The public sector tends to provide higher-paying, higher skilled jobs. The poorly paid, low skill jobs are contracted out to the private sector.

Some poor deluded people on here don't seem to understand that's why the average public sector wage is higher than the private equivalent.

Not because the wages are better. It's because the "donkey work" is private sector work.

Guest absolutezero

Read what is put in front of you , let me repeat as i do understand that you do have trouble reading what is written.

Read waht is put in front of you.

Do you need me to write it a thrid time ? let me know.

Please do.

Also re-post your reply about multi-culturalism several times so you can demonstrate how stupid you are several times.

Please do.

Also re-post your reply about multi-culturalism several times so you can demonstrate how stupid you are several times.

No you are the stupid one if you would care to read back you may understand what i said , you read it the wrong way IDIOT.

Edited by miko

The public sector tends to provide higher-paying, higher skilled jobs. The poorly paid, low skill jobs are contracted out to the private sector.

Some poor deluded people on here don't seem to understand that's why the average public sector wage is higher than the private equivalent.

Not because the wages are better. It's because the "donkey work" is private sector work.

lol lol lol

Next you will be quoting on here that there are faries at the bottom of the garden, Farther Christmas is real , and birds leave the eggs at Easter.

Get a grip of yourself man.

I once did some temp work with an EDS team, never have I met a more downtrodden and depressed set of IT workers.

HP are probably doing them a favour by letting them go.

All we need now is for Fujitsu to take over HP and then promptly go bust, one of the few good things about a recession is watching crap companies disappear.

Not quite, in my experience higher-paying, higher skilled jobs are contracted out to industry who in turn sub-contract the work out to badly paid, but reasonably skilled people from eastern europe.

Hooray for high living costs.

Yes, they will affect everything and eventually nearly every job and every person one way or another.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east_wales/10523668.stm

Up to 70 Deeside IT jobs 'under threat'

Page last updated at 12:56 GMT, Tuesday, 6 July 2010 13:56 UK

Hand on computer mouse More than 180 jobs could be lost at two sites in the UK

Up to 70 Flintshire jobs could face the axe at a company which provides IT support services for Scottish Power.

Queensferry-based Accenture in Deeside was recently awarded the 10-year $200m contract.

But the global outsourcing group has announced it is now reviewing operations in a bid to cut costs.

The professionals union, Prospect, has condemned the move and said Accenture plans to outsource the work to India.

More than 180 posts have been earmarked for closure between two sites in north Wales and East Kilbride

Edited by OnlyMe

Guest absolutezero

No you are the stupid one if you would care to read back you may understand what i said , you read it the wrong way IDIOT.

Then you should have been clearer. FOOL.

Guest absolutezero

lol lol lol

Next you will be quoting on here that there are faries at the bottom of the garden, Farther Christmas is real , and birds leave the eggs at Easter.

Get a grip of yourself man.

Prove my assertion wrong then.

Guest absolutezero

Not quite, in my experience higher-paying, higher skilled jobs are contracted out to industry who in turn sub-contract the work out to badly paid, but reasonably skilled people from eastern europe.

If the massively over-pad jobs are outsourced there will be many more low paid ones outsourced. Has the same effect on the averages due to more low paid jobs.

Oh right, like designing medical equipment, efficient power systems, high-performance computers, the odd bridge, road, railway, microwave, display system, vaccine, production system, logistics and workflow system, nuclear power station. Not forgetting the wheel of course, sliced bread and electic light. All designed, tuned, marketed, manufactured and transported to the shops in big vans labelled "Public Sector, cos we're cleverer than everyone else".

It's natural that companies with unionised staff should be less competitive and fail. Shame for the people involved (but whoever heard of IT staff so lame that they needed union representation). Good for the economy and the fight against communism .

Plenty of I.T. jobs outsourced to India. Went out with a bit of a whimper.

Anyway, keep up the good fight MightyTharg. You're my hero.

Plenty of I.T. jobs outsourced to India. Went out with a bit of a whimper.

Anyway, keep up the good fight MightyTharg. You're my hero.

:lol::lol::lol:

People won't realise how useful unions are until it's too late.

Guest absolutezero

Oh right, like designing medical equipment, efficient power systems, high-performance computers, the odd bridge, road, railway, microwave, display system, vaccine, production system, logistics and workflow system, nuclear power station. Not forgetting the wheel of course, sliced bread and electic light. All designed, tuned, marketed, manufactured and transported to the shops in big vans labelled "Public Sector, cos we're cleverer than everyone else".

None of which are public jobs.

Not what I'm saying.

Public sector wages on average are higher than private ones because the public sector outsources crappy jobs to the private sector. This raises average wages in public sector.

Guest absolutezero

:lol::lol::lol:

PeopleMad private sectorists on here won't realise how useful unions are until it's too late.

Better?

To hoist you by your own petard...

The union members choose to pay for them so it's none of your business how much they cost or what their effect is....

First, unions were partly financed by funnelling taxpayers' money to the unions in grants on the understanding that they would then donate a portion of that money back to the Labour party.

Second, are the workers really free to choose? The unions campaign against the ink-sellers using non-union workers. It's more a case of "pay up or we'll destroy your livelihood" than "join us, we're really nice". You may counter that this blackmail (both against non-union workers and their employers) is legal - but clearly it is only legal because they have paid tame politicians to make laws that favour the unions.

Finally your absurd idea that public sector workers are overpaid because they are better than the rest of us... This is contradicted by the indisputable fact that the public sector actively target hiring the long-term unemployed, the most useless section of our society (present company excepted).

Guest absolutezero

First, unions were partly financed by funnelling taxpayers' money to the unions in grants on the understanding that they would then donate a portion of that money back to the Labour party.

Second, are the workers really free to choose? The unions campaign against the ink-sellers using non-union workers. It's more a case of "pay up or we'll destroy your livelihood" than "join us, we're really nice". You may counter that this blackmail (both against non-union workers and their employers) is legal - but clearly it is only legal because they have paid tame politicians to make laws that favour the unions.

Finally your absurd idea that public sector workers are overpaid because they are better than the rest of us... This is contradicted by the indisputable fact that the public sector actively target hiring the long-term unemployed, the most useless section of our society (present company excepted).

All that is hilarious.

You're a very twisted and bizarre individual.

What I mean is you cannot leave the system. The capitalist system.

I have worked in the public and private sectors, I have been self employed and unemployed.

I have worked full time and with agencies. But its all part of the same system.

You can leave it you can go to north Korea or Cuba and see how the workers paradise is there ...

Almost everyone of these would have benefited from some sort of grant, tax offset or similar from govt. Probably made use of some very clever state educated young graduates to.

Its not black and white people!

Why do HP have a site in Bracknell? House prices in the surrounding towns and villages are very high so, obviously, they will have to pay high wages to attract suitably qualified staff.

Why not have an office somewhere where property is cheap? For generations people have moved from the North to the South for work. It's about time the reverse happened so house prices in the house could go down and the whole country to be more competitive.

Mate, p*ss off and just stick to getting the Van der Graaf generator out, will you?

You've mentioned you've had enough of work related matters. What bright minds you must be inspiring on a day to day basis.

Still, that isn't

, is it? :)

Guest absolutezero

Mate, p*ss off and just stick to getting the Van der Graaf generator out, will you?

You've mentioned you've had enough of work related matters. What bright minds you must be inspiring on a day to day basis.

Still, that isn't

, is it? :)

Glad you have a logical, reasoned argument to proffer and you've not descended into puerile name calling and character assassination.

Guest absolutezero

He's a teacher?

That explains the utter tosh he's spouting then.

See reply number 149.