House Price Crash Forum

My Sister Is On Sick Leave ..

HOLA441

Sister works for a local authority in the housing department ..

She's had lots of threats before .. usually people who have bought council houses and then found they can't keep up with the mortgage (usually with added MEW) and they come to her for another council house .. They get massively pissed off when the council lends them the arrears money and makes them sign some paperwork to say they will not get into arrears again (not sure of the exact details but it's not wonderfull for the client) ..

Chap comes in .. Pretty cocksure ..

Tells the sis his story ..

Got a council house in the 1980's .. Right to buy .. mewed .. got repo'd got another council house ..

Right to buy again ... mewed AGAIN .. now six months behind with mortgage and "Needs a council house again"

Sister has to tell him that this is not going to happen in a few months his youngest child ceases to be a child so all the council could do would be to put him and his wife into a B+B ... Sister tells him that the council will pay his mortgage arrears but no circumstances will he be eligable for a council house should he make himself intentionally homeless by not paying the mortgage ..

Chap starts screaming and shouting at sister .. How the ****** can he pay a 1/4 million pound mortgage .. sister is a stupid bitch ..etc etc .. sister asks him to calm down .. he picks up her computer keyboard and hits her round the head with it ..

Sister has a week off ..

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

She's had lots of threats before .. usually people who have bought council houses and then found they can't keep up with the mortgage (usually with added MEW) and they come to her for another council house .. They get massively pissed off when the council lends them the arrears money and makes them sign some paperwork to say they will not get into arrears again (not sure of the exact details but it's not wonderfull for the client) ..

Got a council house in the 1980's .. Right to buy .. mewed .. got repo'd got another council house ..

Right to buy again ... mewed AGAIN .. now six months behind with mortgage and "Needs a council house again"

Sister has to tell him that this is not going to happen in a few months his youngest child ceases to be a child so all the council could do would be to put him and his wife into a B+B ... Sister tells him that the council will pay his mortgage arrears but no circumstances will he be eligable for a council house should he make himself intentionally homeless by not paying the mortgage ..

Chap starts screaming and shouting at sister .. How the ****** can he pay a 1/4 million pound mortgage .. sister is a stupid bitch ..etc etc .. sister asks him to calm down .. he picks up her computer keyboard and hits her round the head with it ..

Sister has a week off ..

Are the police involved? Good luck to her if she pursues the scrote for assaulting her. The police are quite soft on assaults .... he may only get a caution ....

Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime

:mellow:

Edited by Home_To_Roost

HOLA444
Guest Noodle

Sister has a week off ..

Very occasionally I'm lost for words.

HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest tbatst2000

She should sue him for everything he's got.

Er, irony?

OP:sorry to hear about your sister, no-one should have to experience that at work (or anywhere else for that matter).

HOLA447

Sister has a week off ..

You forgot the part where your sister goes to police and presses charges.

Absolutely unbelieveable. Hope your sister is feeling better. Moaners about the public sector - would you do his sister's job?

And could someone explain why the council will lend him the arrears - repossess the ******er and let him live under a bridge, if that is his attitude. B&B is too good for scum like that.

Edited by Shylock

HOLA448

Are the police involved? Good luck to her if she pursues the scrote for assaulting her. The police are quite soft on assaults .... he may only get a caution ....

:mellow:

There is some "unit" in the LA that deals with asaults on staff .. They are pretty hot I think ..

HOLA449

Its stuff like this that makes me wonder how on earth we built an empire and underwent the industrial revolution.

Because we used people like him for cannon fodder in Asia, or put him and his family in the poorhouse where they died caught in a machine or from illness caused by malnourishment

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Guest Noodle

Excellent. I'm sure you will make damn sure they are. I am shocked and saddened.

It's just so disturbing on so many levels.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

It's just so disturbing on so many levels.

It's the entitlement that gets me. I have had friends in Asia who really had to work like fecking dogs to achieve a standard of living people like this were born into so this attitude really fecking enrages me. His like haven't a damn clue - not a clue.

Like the new avatar by the way...

HOLA4414

Hope your sister has no lasting emotional affects from this attack. Idiot needs locking up for a few months to cool off. I can't stand people like this. Saw some muppet kick off at the nurses in A&E once, there's no excuse for this type of behaviour.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Its stuff like this that makes me wonder how on earth we built an empire and underwent the industrial revolution.

Not sure whats worse, the council entitlement ethos or the banks giving guys like this six figure sums (and the politicians sanctioning it)

Neither the entitlement culture nor the crazy bank loans will survive the next few years of austerity. The crazy bank loans have all but disappeared already.

As for the empire, I agree with the previous poster: people like this chap were treated effectively as slave labour and forced to work in the mills or starve. I'm sure there is a happy medium.

None of which excuses his behaviour, and I'm glad your sister wasn't badly hurt.

HOLA4417

Chap receives free accommodation care of a different government department...?

In Asia this guy would have ended up jumping off a tall building a long time ago. No idea how cushy life is

Edit: Sorry, I don't mean he should necessarily leap off a building or that we should go all Hong Kong/Singapore in this country but jesus wept, can't people take any responsibility for their actions? At all? The only hope is we simply cannot afford feckers like this in the future.

Edited by Shylock

HOLA4418

OP:sorry to hear about your sister, no-one should have to experience that at work (or anywhere else for that matter).

Sorry I slightly maligned her .. she phones me up and says "Whay ! I've got the week off on full pay " .. She's two years younger than me and when we were kids there was often a situation where I would be locked in the toilet and refuse to come out untill mum came .. (I'm 40 she is 38 now) .. her reaction is she wished she had had something to twit him with before the security people arrived ..

To me if you get twatted at work .. a week off on full pay IS resonable ..

Sis sees it as a bonus and wonders what to do with it ..

HOLA4419
Guest Noodle

It's the entitlement that gets me. I have had friends in Asia who really had to work like fecking dogs to achieve a standard of living people like this were born into so this attitude really fecking enrages me. His like haven't a damn clue - not a clue.

Like the new avatar by the way...

It's Terry Scott in Carry On Henry!

Well you know another one in Asia too like that. Me. :(

HOLA4420

You forgot the part where your sister goes to police and presses charges.

Absolutely unbelieveable. Hope your sister is feeling better. Moaners about the public sector - would you do his sister's job?

And could someone explain why the council will lend him the arrears - repossess the ******er and let him live under a bridge, if that is his attitude. B&B is too good for scum like that.

ANKERS like that supported by the State is a joke. No council houses for anyone period.

Time to cleave this gangrenous parasitic desease, supporting the feckless greedy expectant inept.

HOLA4421
Guest Noodle

Hope your sister has no lasting emotional affects from this attack. Idiot needs locking up for a few months to cool off. I can't stand people like this. Saw some muppet kick off at the nurses in A&E once, there's no excuse for this type of behaviour.

In one of those big office supplies outlets in the UK once, Staples I think. Some idiot little man kicking off about some ink nonsense . . . dunno, giving this lass behind the counter real grief.

I loose it sometimes.

Knocked this bloke on the shoulder and in a big deep paddy site voice says "You pays money, you takes your choice!"

He walked.

HOLA4422

her reaction is she wished she had had something to twit him with before the security people arrived ..

Glad to see no lasting problem. Some people would be scared to go back to work. Your sister should try to press charges. Maybe that turd would understand actions have consequences

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

looking at it from the mans point of view.

to him the council is the backstop to all things. its where he turned to last time and its also where he pays his taxes to. his attitude is that the council works for him and had no understanding of the shortage in housing until now.

hes a classic example of the general working class person who works long hours. pays a good deal of indirect and direct tax. when it all goes poop shaped he needs the council to deliver their half of the bargain.

and its fair to say, the council havent been doing too well with our money over the last 10 years.

sure. they have taken the money, but tey only used it to pay themselves. they didnt build a thing really.

nothing is in place for the 'austerity' and this story will now be heard many many many times.

wait till food goes up and benefits stay frozen. hungry kids.

like genuine austerity. not just a trendy word.

HOLA4425

Sister has a week off ..

Very sorry to hear about this and hope your sis is OK. Apart from this - absolutely incredible!