House Price Crash Forum

Multiple Kitten Bonding

IWantItNow

HOLA441

It's my birthday today...last year of my 20s :( and last night, totally out of the blue, my missus comes home with 2 kittens as a present. :blink:

We've talked about it before but we put it on the back burner because we are trying at the moment but she mustn't have slept well the night before and decided to go for it.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of getting them to bond with you as they just seem to want to play with one another. I know we've not even had them a day yet but I if anyone could give me a heads up on what to expect over the next few weeks that would be great. :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

It's my birthday today...last year of my 20s :( and last night, totally out of the blue, my missus comes home with 2 kittens as a present. :blink:

We've talked about it before but we put it on the back burner because we are trying at the moment but she mustn't have slept well the night before and decided to go for it.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of getting them to bond with you as they just seem to want to play with one another. I know we've not even had them a day yet but I if anyone could give me a heads up on what to expect over the next few weeks that would be great. :)

Feed them.

If they find a better host, they'll move on.

HOLA443
Guest X-QUORK

Trashed curtains and tiny, but very smelly jobbies all around the house.

Happy birthday! ;)

HOLA444
HOLA445

Feed them.

:unsure:

Trashed curtains and tiny, but very smelly jobbies all around the house.

Happy birthday! ;)

They seem to like to £20 Ikea rug at the moment, they've not gone near the very pink, shiney and expensive scratching post my missus got them.

Cheers :)

HOLA446
HOLA447

Cats don't bond to you, they just learn to hide their contempt and loathing. Some are better than others at it.

Kittens are fun though - maybe learn Kitten bonsai?

Edit: School boy grammar

HOLA448
HOLA449

Buy kitty litter.

And air freshener.

Lots and lots of air freshener.

And a decent book on kitten training.

If they are *really* smelly, experiment with what you are feeding them to find something less smelly.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Get a dog and take it from there.

The kittens will commandeer the dog with the same manipulative calculating charm that they use on you! You never own a cat, no matter how small.

They will pay you a bit more attention when they've got used to (= bored with) their new surroundings.

Edit: forget expensive toys - kitten fishing is fun for all concerned ( & wears them out without too much effort from you) Get a length of garden cane (about 2-3 feet; tie about 3 -4 feet of string to the end, and a twist of paper on the other end of the string. Go fish - they'll play chasies till they drop.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Feed them.

:unsure:

You think they'll actually like you?

They're cats.

Pretty, charming, but cats all the same.

Are you feeling especially cheery today? You seem to have a spring in your step :P

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Maybe people would be more helpful if you supplied us with more pictures. And have you named them yet?

That is indeed the problem. One shot of static kitchens does not convey enough of their character for helpful advice to be given. You must post more.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived