House Price Crash Forum

Absolutely Shameless Bbc Behaviour

HOLA441

Sorry no link I wonder if anybody else saw the British Airways press release broadcast by the BBC this morning? Now the rectitude of the Cabin Crew strike is arguable. However, I don't remember the BBC being given a mandate to rule on such action. I have just watched 7 minutes of anti worker propaganda. Unbelievable. No discussion at all why BA have provoked such a response. No calls for arbitration. Just some "industrial relations expert" implying that Cabin Crew are not managed (and blaming them for it) and finally the little talking head bloke claiming he has an airline pilot mate who is pissed off with Cabin Crew.

Jesus Christ how far is the BBC willing to fall?

HOLA442

Sorry no link I wonder if anybody else saw the British Airways press release broadcast by the BBC this morning? Now the rectitude of the Cabin Crew strike is arguable. However, I don't remember the BBC being given a mandate to rule on such action. I have just watched 7 minutes of anti worker propaganda. Unbelievable. No discussion at all why BA have provoked such a response. No calls for arbitration. Just some "industrial relations expert" implying that Cabin Crew are not managed (and blaming them for it) and finally the little talking head bloke claiming he has an airline pilot mate who is pissed off with Cabin Crew.

Jesus Christ how far is the BBC willing to fall?

Oh come on. The world and their dog knows that the BA cabin crew are taking the Michael. If they carry on as they are BA will go the way of Delta/American Airlines/JAL etc and end up in administration. I have stopped flying BA purely because of the actions of their cabin crew and that dodgy union they all belong to.

HOLA443

Oh come on. The world and their dog knows that the BA cabin crew are taking the Michael. If they carry on as they are BA will go the way of Delta/American Airlines/JAL etc and end up in administration. I have stopped flying BA purely because of the actions of their cabin crew and that dodgy union they all belong to.

I read today that BA cabin crew are on 29000 avearge yearly salary, whilst the likes of easyjets average is 20000.

Myself and a lot of my colleagues stopped flying BA to the Middle East as their service was terrible compared to the other airlines flying to the area, KLM, Saudia, Gulf, emirates.......

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

It doesn't matter how much they are taking the piss its not for the BBC to decide. Additionally it's so horribly depressing to see that the last vestiges of collective representation being stripped away. Those calling for lower pay and conditions for others may find it difficult to find support when they are faced with the same sanction.

HOLA447

BA are absolutely rubbish anyway, and will probably fail, compared to airfrance they were £560 vs £312 for a flight out here.

My last BA flight, the flight attendent served the meal and then they all vanished I have no idea as to where. There was nothing for the passengers, no drinks no sandwiches nothing at all you had your meal and that was it.

Air France they hang about in the galley areas with a minibar serving you drinks chatting to you doing the odd spot of cleaning. You can ask for sandwiches noodles, ice cream etc.

On Cathay the attendents even in economy wait on you hand and foot..