House Price Crash Forum

Time To Bring In National Service

HOLA441
Guest P-Diddly
the 3 'R's ???

food, shelter and warmth.

you can have an education and still remain unwise to the world we are born into.

whos to say a man who spends his life hunting and living in a mud hut in darkest brazil, contemplating the existence of man.

is he less worthy than robert, who got his 3 'r's and works at purple loans taking applications over the phone in a call centre in norwich > then retires and dies.

only a state education can make you think otherwise.

and so you work, get tired and produce the same end result.

the planets overcrowded and so has a new agenda.

and thats what we are educated to.

Didn't do that to me Fred. But okay let's just say Robert and the society he lives in is better off for having an education. Purple loans and call centres accepted.

Robert could have been an engineer or a scientist or a builder or whatever else. The fact is you are right to a point. It's what people do afterwards that counts and opportunities right now don't exactly abound.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
this way, those kids will have more than the other kids.

its a fine selfish plan that will work to a tipping point of being not sustainable.

education in its present form is a pyramid scheme,

which like housing has a tipping point of contributors versus extractors.

Some kids are bright and can become doctors and should, some kids are not bright at all, not everyone can be a Dr, dentist etc. This "selfish plan" is better than no education at all, in fact it works well enough. If you have a better 'plan' let's hear it. Please keep it practical as in animal farms "some of us are more equal than others".

Edited by Tim Miller

HOLA443

National Service! Hahahahah!

What on earth makes people think that the Armed Forces want society's detritus of obese, celebrity-obsessed, uneducated, vulgar, crass, uncultured yahoos? I doubt they've even got the brains to be used for target practice (you need to know when you've registered a hit).

Personally, I'd rather cancel all welfare benefits, grind 'up both the feral chavs and the prison population for use as a half-decent agricultural fertiliser and livestock feed additive, and urinate on the huddled masses below from the top window of my ivory tower.

HOLA444
Some kids are bright and can become doctors and should, some kids are not bright at all, not everyone can be a Dr, dentist etc. This "selfish plan" is better than no education at all, in fact it works well enough. If you have a better 'plan' let's hear it. Please keep it practical as in animal farms "We are not all equal".

if you took the time to go back only a few posts on this thread, you will see where i mentioned all the things you are referring to as real education and the rest - chipboard filler.

i prefer my plan of doing as little as possible by taking advantage of the folly of the system.

traversing life is as good as climbing it. you travel the same distance without the risk.

and you still end up in the same place.

underground.

i like to live not to learn filler, and i dont need a filler education to know how to be alive.

the best things in life are free, until education teaches us differently.

Edited by right_freds_dead

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
I am sure the army of professional soldiers will welcome the dregs of society with open arms.....get real world please..

You are correct, the forces have already said they do not want NS precisely for the reason you give, they don't want the dregs.

HOLA448
I am sure the army of professional soldiers will welcome the dregs of society with open arms.....get real world please..

That's right - civilians are for bombing from a mile up or shooting at weddings by accident, it's simply not the same if they have similar costumes on.

HOLA449
Bad Lads Army comes to mind. :lol:

sad lads army more like. most of them spend a lot of time 'gay bonding' with the seargents and crying in front of the padre. if that wasnt so bad they all were bursting to shag the 1950s, (and they were born in the 1950s) dinner ladies.

such a gay series that was.

the lads were.....so bad !!! :lol: