House Price Crash Forum

Some Comfort At Last

steve66

HOLA441

are we going Japanese?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a6OVT.JHhYxM

Oct. 28 (Bloomberg) -- Philip Hammond, a lawmaker who speaks on Treasury policy for the Conservatives, said the opposition party wants the Bank of England to keep interest rates low and will cut the deficit to allow this to happen.

“It is essential that in the recovery we are able to continue to keep monetary policy relatively loose,” Hammond said in an interview at Bloomberg’s office in London. “We will only be able to do that if we have got the deficit under control.”

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

We haven't heard your own case for prices continuing to rise yet - is it undersupply of houses? Since most houses must be bought with a mortgage, would you not say that the supply of credit is more important?

Don't have an opinion on future prices. Not really interested. People who are a wee bit obsessed with things tend to forget that most people don't share their obsession.

Does nobody want to tell me why there are so few of you left? Or tackle my point (and Belfast VI's) about FP's 'prediction'? By the way, you do not have to be trying to make money to realise that predictions are all about timing.

I had forgotten about the 'rock on' guy! Does that not get a wee bit annoying? I have only read a few of his posts and it is already starting to annoy me, you lot have to read it every day. I am sure he will inevitably reply to this with a post of his own ending with 'rock on'. sigh.

HOLA443

Don't have an opinion on future prices. Not really interested. People who are a wee bit obsessed with things tend to forget that most people don't share their obsession.

Does nobody want to tell me why there are so few of you left? Or tackle my point (and Belfast VI's) about FP's 'prediction'? By the way, you do not have to be trying to make money to realise that predictions are all about timing.

Well I tried to, I'll spell it out again. My and other bears point of view is more about the sustainability of it all, it has to crash at some point if houses are too expensive for people to buy and not leave some expendable income for change in circumstances/interest rates and to spend on the rest of the economy.

We cannot predict what the Banks or Gov't will do to prolong things, hence its impossible for anyone to get the timing right except on a guess basis and/or after the key decisions have been made,

Edited by Ride_on

HOLA444

if you are not interested in house prices - why are you here?

The original NI thread was started in late 2006 (the year I joined), NI HP's peaked the next year; most of the original NI posters were vindicated in their views

I had forgotten about the 'rock on' guy! Does that not get a wee bit annoying? I have only read a few of his posts and it is already starting to annoy me, you lot have to read it every day. I am sure he will inevitably reply to this with a post of his own ending with 'rock on'. sigh.

should individualism and expression be banned on here? should we all conform to an acceptable standard as dictated by yourself?

HOLA445

Don't have an opinion on future prices. Not really interested. /quote]

NP do you have an opinion about past house prices or current prices then?

Does nobody want to tell me why there are so few of you left?

Not sure I know what you mean by this comment. Can you elaborate as to what you mean?

Or tackle my point (and Belfast VI's) about FP's 'prediction'

I don't think you need to concern yourself too unduly with FP's prediction or when he made it. The independent research that I do and the information that I collect from auction as well as the market data from the internet helps me make my own prediction and I am happy with that.

I personally enjoy Rock On's posts and have had my music tastes expanded as a result of Rock On's youtube music clips. Still each to their own. If you don't like reading the posts of a particular person then you can simply block their posts from appearing on your screen and then you won't find yourself getting so wound up. But you won't benefit from some wonderful musical gems. It is entirely your censorship decision to take at the end of the day.

Edited by paul65

HOLA446

I don't think you need to concern yourself too unduly with FP's prediction or when he made it. The independent research that I do and the information that I collect from auction as well as the market data from the internet helps me make my own prediction and I am happy with that.

I personally enjoy Rock On's posts and have had my music tastes expanded as a result of Rock On's  youtube music clips. Still each to their own. If you don't like reading a post the posts of a particular poster then you can simply block their posts from appearing on your screen and then you won't find yourself getting so wound up. But you won't benefit from some wonderful musical gems. It is entirely your censorship decision to take at the end of the day.

That is very true. I used to get a lot of stick in here. When it eased I though I was winning but I have just realised most are probably just blocking me.

HOLA447

That is very true. I used to get a lot of stick in here. When it eased I though I was winning but I have just realised most are probably just blocking me.

:lol::lol: I always enjoy your posts as they keep the debate going, if everyone agrees it's not much fun.Just like the rest of us who predicted the crash from 2005 on if you keep at it you can be the first one to call the next boom in a few year time ;)

HOLA448

Why would you be asking about hypothetical scenarios of house prices continuing to rise when you're not interested in the answer?

For someone with no interest and no 'obsession', you seem to be posting a lot on here the last few days?

HOLA449
HOLA4410

if you are not interested in house prices - why are you here?

The original NI thread was started in late 2006 (the year I joined), NI HP's peaked the next year; most of the original NI posters were vindicated in their views

should individualism and expression be banned on here? should we all conform to an acceptable standard as dictated by yourself?

what can i say PP

i seem to be annoying some sane normal people

for which i am truely sorry !

honest

really

absolutely

if i dont mend my ways

i will be as bad as that wee red rooster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXrwiJEj7eg

AH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rock the feck on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Not sure I know what you mean by this comment. Can you elaborate as to what you mean?

I mean when I used to look at this during the crash there were loads of you. Loads and loads. Now there seem to be less than 10. Has everyone else realised that the game is up and bought a house or are trying to? I see Mr Slump has, and he used to be pretty forthright in his views about the continuing crash. And subby is giving it serious thought, he used to be one of your stalwarts didn't he?

Is this why? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8332861.stm

HOLA4413

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8322165.stm

articles are no good ill find one to counter-act each of yours.

public sector job cull on its way cant see prices rising.

NormalPerson at best prices will stabilise somewhere around here with sales achieved for anyone pricing around RV - no way they are heading up.

dont forget the UK figures are getting skewed on low volume so what do you think that means for the little volume in NI. wait for 07 off plan completitions to go thru and things look worse as all the peak purchases will of been flushed thru the system.

dont get me wrong the falls to date have been good to see and i did say back in early 07 when it was becoming obvious ( to anyone with half an ounce of realism) prices had topped in NI that I would look to buy in after 3 years of falls. being a slightly more nervy cash buyer who knows maybe 2010 is the year for me to buy.............

regardless i expect falls till 2012 at least and probably longer measured against gold/inflation etc etc

Edited by getdoon_weebobby

HOLA4414

no way they are heading up.

Hang on a minute - they are heading up and have been for 6 months. And they are heading up here too according to the last set of figures I saw - by about 9%. The accuracy was good enough on the way down, but now they have stopped being accurate?

Never got round to telling me why there are only so few of you left either.

HOLA4415

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8322165.stm

articles are no good ill find one to counter-act each of yours.

public sector job cull on its way cant see prices rising.

It doesn't counteract the one I posted though, does it? Mine was about the latest figures which say that prices are actually rising. Yours was about the opinion of someone who thinks that they wont in future.

They might go back down in the future, I don't know - no one knows - but at the moment they are rising, aren't they?

HOLA4416

Do you need us to tell you. Can you not work it out for yourself?

This place is a sanctuary for mental people who thought there would be a house price crash. Imagine how truely crazy these people where. Most normal peolpe laughed at them so they came here to this forum to have a good rant with the rest of us.

Well now that the house price crash is actually happening these people are not considered mental anymore. So they are now free to discuss their crazy ideas with normal people outside of this forum. So now, these lunatics no longer feel the need to have a rant here.

Now the truely mental people (though they do not realise they are crazy, they actually believe they are normal ;) ) think that the UK government can keep increasing the national debt and we, the taxpayer, only have to pay it back 'hypothetically'. People who believe that are living in la la land. :P

Why do you post here if you think we are mental? Why do you even bother reading this forum?

Edited by Belfast Boy

HOLA4417

Now the truely mental people (though they do not realise they are crazy, they actually believe they are normal ;) ) think that the UK government can keep increasing the national debt and we, the taxpayer, only have to pay it back 'hypothetically'. People who believe that are living in la la land. :P

= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJEySrDerj0

rock on!

HOLA4418

Do you need us to tell you. Can you not work it out for yourself?

This place is a sanctuary for mental people who thought there would be a house price crash. Imagine how truely crazy these people where. Most normal peolpe laughed at them so they came here to this forum to have a good rant with the rest of us.

Well now that the house price crash is actually happening these people are not considered mental anymore. So they are now free to discuss their crazy ideas with normal people outside of this forum. So now, these lunatics no longer feel the need to have a rant here.

I am sure you want to believe that people don't come on here anymore because the crash they wanted is happening and is continuing, so they can happily go on renting for the next 3 years without feeling the need to comment on here - if that were true would they not have stopped commenting the moment the crash became immediately obvious, rather than stop about 2 years later? I am prepared to believe that you are aware of, but don't want to admit to, the real reason - most people who were on here, people who were fervent in their views in favour of a crash, have realised the crash is over and cleared off to buy a house.

You know that's the reason, don't you?

HOLA4419

I am sure you want to believe that people don't come on here anymore because the crash they wanted is happening and is continuing, so they can happily go on renting for the next 3 years without feeling the need to comment on here - if that were true would they not have stopped commenting the moment the crash became immediately obvious, rather than stop about 2 years later? I am prepared to believe that you are aware of, but don't want to admit to, the real reason - most people who were on here, people who were fervent in their views in favour of a crash, have realised the crash is over and cleared off to buy a house.

And yet you've come on to tell us that the crash is over. Why bother it it's that obvious?

HOLA4420

I am prepared to believe that you are aware of, but don't want to admit to, the real reason - most people who were on here, people who were fervent in their views in favour of a crash, have realised the crash is over and cleared off to buy a house.

You are so right and we are all so so wrong! Point proven thanks to your great arguments. Our economy is in great shape - Northern Ireland especially. Unemployment is at very low levels. Its not as if the BOE base rate is historically low or the goverment has had any intervention! House sales are at HUGE levels too! All in all, things are looking great!!!

No one left on this forum for you to convince so no point in you hanging around here anymore either. In fact, now i think you show go to, for example an Audi forum and tell everyone that VWs are much better! That would be great!

I'm off now to borrow 10x my wage to buy a 1 bed flat. Better keep some money aside so i can wash the graffiti off the outside of it. Thanks again for helping me to be normal!

Bye!

HOLA4421

I am prepared to believe that you are aware of, but don't want to admit to, the real reason - most people who were on here, people who were fervent in their views in favour of a crash, have realised the crash is over and cleared off to buy a house.

To be honest I think a good reason why many dont post on here now is because of the really crap new forum layout. I was always on this forum regularly and dont use it as much now because I hate the new layout. I got back from my holiday at the start of October and noticed it had changed and very suddenly posters began to dissapear after several complaints about the new layout.

House prices are also still far too high and I will definately not be purchasing one until they fall to a realistic price.

HOLA4422

I've just bought at at least 60% off peak,

-30% rateable value, in a good area

it can be done, I think I'm ahead of the game by about 8 months becase I was able to buy for cash

Mr slump was lucky enough to find a house at 60% off peak. If I could find a house I like at 30% below rateable I would definitely buy it. By the time the crash is over I believe all houses will be 60% off peak and well below rateable value. Time will tell who is right.

Edited by Belfast Boy

HOLA4423