House Price Crash Forum

Hairdresser Diversions

pl1

HOLA441
HOLA442
Guest theboltonfury
Not getting your hair cut?

Some lady hairdressers are very fit. It's nice to talk to them. Some are munters though and I wish they'd pipe down.

HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest theboltonfury
And there is the physical contact with another human aspect.... (call me a perv, go one, you know you want to).

No, you're right. Head stroking is bloody lovely anyway. When a hottie does the shampoo bit, it's about as close as I get these days to a thrill.

HOLA445
Well you lot are useless. I unfortunately had to rely on my old fallback.

You could read a magazine (or take a book if you are a boy and they don't have them at boys hairdressers)

Works 95% of the time for me apart from once the hairdresser commented on every story in the magazine. D'oh!

With one of those clipper machines I regularly do my brothers hair with no prior training at all, you can't really go wrong if you want something fairly simple and it would probably pay for itself within a couple of months

Let us know if you find something which works :)

HOLA446
Guest X-QUORK
No, you're right. Head stroking is bloody lovely anyway. When a hottie does the shampoo bit, it's about as close as I get these days to a thrill.

Would you be exposing a gonad at this point?

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
I have to have my haircut tomorrow and I always recall reading about a man who when asked how he liked his haircut his reply was "In silence!". I prefer a chat-free, non-weather related, what are you doing this weekend, i'm really interested and not just after a tip blah blah haircut. Anybody else prefer this and if so is it best to explain it upfront?

Only ever respond in one word or very short phrases, and use a dull tone, they will soon get the point and shut up too.

HOLA4410
Only ever respond in one word or very short phrases, and use a dull tone, they will soon get the point and shut up too.

This approach is always doomed to failure. The hairdresser just ends up feeling awkward and will just rush your cut and you'll be stuck lookng like a mullett for a month. No; a more radical approach is needed. This month I resorted to lies just to get through the ordeal. I can't read, I'm covered in a weird cape, I can't listen to mp3's: wires... maybe some kind of bluetooth contraption? Thoughts?

HOLA4411
This approach is always doomed to failure. The hairdresser just ends up feeling awkward and will just rush your cut and you'll be stuck lookng like a mullett for a month. No; a more radical approach is needed. This month I resorted to lies just to get through the ordeal. I can't read, I'm covered in a weird cape, I can't listen to mp3's: wires... maybe some kind of bluetooth contraption? Thoughts?

Back in the day when me and my mates used to go on the pull, sometimes we would play the game of pretending we were something we werent, the more bizarre the better. It was always fun right up until the point it wasnt (if you get my drfit viz a viz all the ways this could go tits up). Course, with a haidresser, the possibilities for Epic Fail of this strategy are more limited. Go have fun.....

HOLA4412
Guest theboltonfury
Back in the day when me and my mates used to go on the pull, sometimes we would play the game of pretending we were something we werent, the more bizarre the better. It was always fun right up until the point it wasnt (if you get my drfit viz a viz all the ways this could go tits up). Course, with a haidresser, the possibilities for Epic Fail of this strategy are more limited. Go have fun.....

Getting a haircut really is a terrifying experience these days. I prefer a gents barber where the barber can't be bothered talking either. Whatever time you make an appointment for you can guarantee at least a 30 minute wait, followed by coming out with loads of waxy muck on your hair as they try and style it for you.

My hair is shit and I accept that, just cut it. Make it shorter.

HOLA4413

I'd rather talk to my barber than random taxi drivers but I can never help myself.

"Busy?"

"What time you on till?"

"What time did you start?"

"This is a nice car?"

"What sort of mpg you getting?"

If I'm in Middlesbrough..."I've never been to Pakistan, what's it like?"

etc. etc. etc.

HOLA4414

Already done dear boy. You just described my "fallback". This month I just "returned from holiday in Vancouver" after "putting in an offer on a house" and I'm getting my haircut because I'm off out tonight to a "party". But how I long for a stress-free silent haircut.

Anyway, I better be off, apparently I've got a barby to prepare and all the meat to buy, you know "if the weather holds".

HOLA4415

Take your ipod.

He/she will understand that you are socially inept and leave you alone. Not that I have tried this, I much prefer to lean back and rest my head against their fullsome breasts. Especially Sophie at the backwash..........fantastic value for £1 tip.

HOLA4416

My local Italian barbers are brothers and they used to dabble in property developing. I ask how their mates are doing and their mates businesses.

Given these are macho barbers, lots of their mates are in other industries like mechanics and building. I like to sound them out as it gives me another view on how the economy is going (albeit on a local level).

HOLA4417
Guest X-QUORK

As a squaddy this was an essential skill. My favourite alternative careers were dolphin trainer and biscuit designer.

HOLA4418
Take your ipod.

He/she will understand that you are socially inept and leave you alone. Not that I have tried this, I much prefer to lean back and rest my head against their fullsome breasts. Especially Sophie at the backwash..........fantastic value for £1 tip.

Snip snip go the scissors through the headphone leads.... :(

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Archived