House Price Crash Forum

Looking To Buy A Car

HOLA441
Guest Parry aka GOD
On that basis I doubt you'd get insured for a Porsche of any description anyway.

Weebobby is developing some expensive tastes. I fear Weebooby shall regret this in years to come.

No Weebobby! Don't do it!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
Weebobby is developing some expensive tastes. I fear Weebooby shall regret this in years to come.

Listen to Pazza Little bob.

I wanted a Porsche when I was a kid but ended up with a 1.3 Capri.

HOLA443
Guest Parry aka GOD
Listen to Pazza Little bob.

I wanted a Porsche when I was a kid but ended up with a 1.3 Capri.

Oh dear, Deaders! That car is so gay! Was it beige?

HOLA444
Oh dear, Deaders! That car is so gay! Was it beige?

Rosso red with RS alloys and I was the coolest gay on my street (at least I thought so at the time) :lol:

Strangest thing was it was so vastly underpowered that it couldn't do wheelspins. That soon changed when I got my XR3. That's when you know you've made it in the world.

HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest Parry aka GOD
Rosso red with RS alloys and I was the coolest gay on my street (at least I thought so at the time) :lol:

Strangest thing was it was so vastly underpowered that it couldn't do wheelspins. That soon changed when I got my XR3. That's when you know you've made it in the world.

Now I'd be worried if it was the XR3i, because then I'd have to assume you were an estate agent back then.

Yep! Great classic the Capri, but the 2.8 was king.

HOLA447
Now I'd be worried if it was the XR3i, because then I'd have to assume you were an estate agent back then.

Yep! Great classic the Capri, but the 2.8 was king.

Wash your mouth out Pazza! :lol:

It was an XR3. Non injection model. On a 'W' plate. 1981.

Engine blew, was replaced and blew again. That was the last Ford I ever owned and I've never gone back to them.

HOLA448
Guest Parry aka GOD
Wash your mouth out Pazza! :lol:

It was an XR3. Non injection model. On a 'W' plate. 1981.

Engine blew, was replaced and blew again. That was the last Ford I ever owned and I've never gone back to them.

I got this Isuzu pickup thing right now. Damn strong truck.

Oh and the moped thing which is dying I think.

HOLA449

Listen to Yahwah (aka Parry) he has devine like foresight

These are uncertain times. Having recently taken a very well paid job I was tempted to spunk some of my bunce on a new motor but Parry dissauded me.

And so it was written that Barlow would continue his toil on his trusty 05 plate Toyota Avensis....

HOLA4410
Guest Parry aka GOD
Listen to Yahwah (aka Parry) he has devine like foresight

These are uncertain times. Having recently taken a very well paid job I was tempted to spunk some of my bunce on a new motor but Parry dissauded me.

And so it was written that Barlow would continue his toil on his trusty 05 plate Toyota Avensis....

Whaaatt!!!!

That's like a brand new f-ing car!

Trade it in against something cheap! You know, like I would drive. Real sh1tty like!

:P

HOLA4411
Guest Parry aka GOD
A fool and his money are lucky to get together in the first place. <_<

He's not a fool, but he's young and the young do foolish things.

HOLA4412
Guest Parry aka GOD

Weebobby,

If you've money to blow on stuff, blow it on global travel. For £20k you can see the Seven Wonders of the World my friend.

Can't beat that!

HOLA4413
Guest Parry aka GOD
OK, so what makes a fool then? :unsure:

Well I should know.

Hopeless romantic?

Philanthropist?

Generally a complete feckin' idiot?

I fit all three catagories.

But I do it all excellently.

HOLA4414
Guest Parry aka GOD
:lol:

Don't be too hard on yourself although it's better to learn from other's mistakes, it's the ones we make which we really remember.

I don't know. It always goes wrong for me, then suddenly very right. Old friend said the other day "You always land on your feet".

Part judgement, part luck . . . part force. ;)

HOLA4415
Do 26 yr olds really buy M5/6s and Porsches these days?

Second time this week I've discovered that I live in a parallel universe.

What happened to insurance and student debt and pensions and planning for kids?

Jesus I feel so out of tune with reality some days. :(

even during the dot com boom I knew some contracters on megabucks in their 20s who wouldn't do that - just throwing money away

HOLA4416
They do! Insurance is not that much really, student debt need not be if you are smart and work hard, pensions schemes are comparable to insurance and not everyone wants kids!

?!*&%?!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Guest Parry aka GOD
The young may do foolish things but I know a lot of old guys who now will never have the chance to drive that Porsche!

Trust me! I've much grey hair now and my foolishness has yet to receed. It is fun though! :D

Cars = No

Global travel = Yes

He's already off to California, I hope he gets the travel bug.

HOLA4421
They do! Insurance is not that much really, student debt need not be if you are smart and work hard, pensions schemes are comparable to insurance and not everyone wants kids!

To look at the situation philosophically, with the government and banks as they are, nothing is certain. Just because you save your money does not mean you will end up well off.

Overall, it is up to you what you spend your money on. The economic troubles we have are most definitely NOT rooted with people who have saved money and splurged it on fancy cars! It is in fact likely the ones who have been planning for kids, gotten on the property ladder and then spent a whole load of money they simply will never have!

I'm guessing you're under 40.

When your luck's held for 40 years - treat yourself. At some point life will come back and bite you on the ar%e. At that point you'd wish you hadn't spunked all that hard-earned on a stupid toy.

100% guaranteed.

HOLA4422
The young may do foolish things but I know a lot of old guys who now will never have the chance to drive that Porsche!

for similar chunks out of your life you could travel the mountain chains of the world and get up half of them, spending a few years of your life, for example. You could snorkel the great reefs, or simply spend time living cheaply in the North of Scotland or West Coast of Ireland. Better memories?

HOLA4423
Guest Parry aka GOD
I'm guessing you're under 40.

When your luck's held for 40 years - treat yourself. At some point life will come back and bite you on the ar%e. At that point you'd wish you hadn't spunked all that hard-earned on a stupid toy.

100% guaranteed.

What's right is right!

But, if you've money when your young and can still handle long haul in coach class, see the world.

Other thing talksalot needs to know is, one day you will want to have kids. It's what keeps you going. Best thing in life.

HOLA4424
Guest Parry aka GOD
for similar chunks out of your life you could travel the mountain chains of the world and get up half of them, spending a few years of your life, for example. You could snorkel the great reefs, or simply spend time living cheaply in the North of Scotland or West Coast of Ireland. Better memories?

Oh that's so right.

Nothing like it.

HOLA4425

So borrow one off a mate or hire one for a couple of hundred quid.

I've driven 911s, Boxters, 944 years ago blah blah. It's a car. It's fun for a moment. Nothing would persuade me to buy one unless I had perhaps £3m+ in the bank. Until that day there's too much other stuff which is far more enduring. Go to a test day, whatever, but anyone spunking more than £30 or £40 a month to an insurance co. should be certified. Company financed is different of course.

Once you've got it out of your system you'll realise it's just a car that goes fast now and then, gets you banned, gets you caught in speed traps etc. You'll still wake up tomorrow and realise you haven't paid for the kids, the house, the pension, the once in a lifetime trips around the world.

26 is barely getting started. Come back in 30 years. ;)

Archived