House Price Crash Forum

Latvia Says No More British Bachelor Parties

cashinmattress

HOLA441

The British seem to have a good reputation outside Europe, though. Thais and INdians and South Americans think we're good tourists. Persumably because only more adventurous, open-minded types head out there.

Mind you, people abroad often think I'm Scandinavian unless I tell them otherwise, which tends to avoid the stigma of being a British tourist.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
Guest Parry aka GOD
The British seem to have a good reputation outside Europe, though. Thais and INdians and South Americans think we're good tourists. Persumably because only more adventurous, open-minded types head out there.

Mind you, people abroad often think I'm Scandinavian unless I tell them otherwise, which tends to avoid the stigma of being a British tourist.

Ummm . . . how do I break this to you? No they don't. They absolutely detest the British. For good reason.

HOLA443

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/902251/brits...ickshaw_driver/

i don,t think the singaporeans are to impressed either, this clip is sickening.

HOLA444

To be honest, I've found Eastern Europeans to be generally quite friendly towards Brits (or at least Scots). I find the trick is simply to resist the urge to piss on public attractions, don't assume that all the women are cheap whores, and don't have a drink-till-you vomit competition with your mates in a childrens play area.

If you can grasp these basic concepts, you'll probably find the locals far more friendly and welcoming. You may even find them helpful within the UK.

HOLA445
Guest Parry aka GOD
To be honest, I've found Eastern Europeans to be generally quite friendly towards Brits (or at least Scots). I find the trick is simply to resist the urge to piss on public attractions, don't assume that all the women are cheap whores, and don't have a drink-till-you vomit competition with your mates in a childrens play area.

If you can grasp these basic concepts, you'll probably find the locals far more friendly and welcoming. You may even find them helpful within the UK.

This is a long mental journey for many Brits.

HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest Parry aka GOD
Is it due to the Parry factor? ;)

Opposite of the Parry factor in fact.

Parry is very much adored out here for being a non-boozing, family man. It's the chav whore shaggers, drunk, vile scum of the earth that really destroyed the image of Brits.

Seriously. Unimaginable awfulness.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Ummm . . . how do I break this to you? No they don't. They absolutely detest the British. For good reason.

How do I break this to you? YOu're wrong.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8143780.stm

Britons came second [as desirable tourists] for their overall behaviour, politeness, quietness and even elegance - second for dress sense only to the Italians.

But in Europe, the British were seen by the hoteliers as the worst behaved.

Jonathan Cudworth, the head of product marketing at Expedia.co.uk, said: "Being voted the worst tourists in the world by our closest neighbours highlights the fact that the 'Brits Abroad' moniker is a label we still haven't managed to shrug off.

"While we are in second place in the global best-tourist rankings, we clearly have a job to do to convince our European counterparts and those at home that we can be better behaved on holiday."

HOLA4414
Guest Parry aka GOD
How do I break this to you? YOu're wrong.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8143780.stm

Britons came second [as desirable tourists] for their overall behaviour, politeness, quietness and even elegance - second for dress sense only to the Italians.

But in Europe, the British were seen by the hoteliers as the worst behaved.

Jonathan Cudworth, the head of product marketing at Expedia.co.uk, said: "Being voted the worst tourists in the world by our closest neighbours highlights the fact that the 'Brits Abroad' moniker is a label we still haven't managed to shrug off.

"While we are in second place in the global best-tourist rankings, we clearly have a job to do to convince our European counterparts and those at home that we can be better behaved on holiday."

Well I happen to live here, have done for the past near 8 years and all but two of my friends here are Thai. Trust me, they ain't keen on the Brits in the way you are thinking. Yes, they like their money. No, they don't like them as people.

It's a slight cultural difference. Out here "Money Number One!"

HOLA4415
Well I happen to live here, have done for the past near 8 years and all but two of my friends here are Thai. Trust me, they ain't keen on the Brits in the way you are thinking. Yes, they like their money. No, they don't like them as people.

It's a slight cultural difference. Out here "Money Number One!"

Well, the Israelis seemed to be vastly more unpopular than anyone else when I was in Thailand. I even saw signs banning them from bars and restaurants for 'rude behaviour'.

I also saw some amazingly chavvy behaviour from Swedes in places like Ko Phi Phi. (Although not quite as nasty as some of the Italians I've come across on Greek Islands)

HOLA4416
Guest Parry aka GOD
Well, the Israelis seemed to be vastly more unpopular than anyone else when I was in Thailand. I even saw signs banning them from bars and restaurants for 'rude behaviour'.

I also saw some amazingly chavvy behaviour from Swedes in places like Ko Phi Phi. (Although not quite as nasty as some of the Italians I've come across on Greek Islands)

Yes they are, surprisingly the worst, Israeli's. But there ain't that many.

But the Brit's came in force and they were ugly and they got worse and worse and worse. Seriously, it was terrible.

Huge improvement since the recession kicked in, but money now a real issue and of course "Mony Numba Won!"

If it was Thai's filling out the questionaire, forget not that these people will say anything, collectively, if they think it will bring in trade, pandering to the, well at the time golden goose.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Guest anorthosite
Yes, if a waiter refuses to serve them a drink quickly enough he is considered to be "an existential threat" and is liable to be bombed with white phosphorus. :o

Was that a racial stereotype? :o

HOLA4419
Guest Parry aka GOD
Yes, if a waiter refuses to serve them a drink quickly enough he is considered to be "an existential threat" and is liable to be bombed with white phosphorus. :o

I did meet a nice Israeli out here, once. But lived in Hong Kong.

HOLA4420

Obviously we've had it too good for too long.

The gradual impoverishment of the UK, and the inevitable reduction of wages/benefits will seriously hamper the ability of the Brits to travel the world and treat everywhere they go as being just like the centre of Stevenage on a Friday night, and the renewed harshness of their daily lives will inculcate them with greater humility.

For you, Tommy, the party is over.

HOLA4421
Guest Parry aka GOD
Obviously we've had it too good for too long.

The gradual impoverishment of the UK, and the inevitable reduction of wages/benefits will seriously hamper the ability of the Brits to travel the world and treat everywhere they go as being just like the centre of Stevenage on a Friday night, and the renewed harshness of their daily lives will inculcate them with greater humility.

For you, Tommy, the party is over.

Amen to that! :D

HOLA4422

Met a couple of lovely Israeli babes in Sinai about 10 years ago. They'd just got out of their army and were looking for a non kosher adventure. From their visceral incompetence with a pool cue I wouldn't want to be anywhere near them if they were anywhere near an assault rifle but they were good at hiking up Mount Sinai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=234pTxkDKsk...laynext_from=PL

HOLA4423
Guest Parry aka GOD
Met a couple of lovely Israeli babes in Sinai about 10 years ago. They'd just got out of their army and were looking for a non kosher adventure. From their visceral incompetence with a pool cue I wouldn't want to be anywhere near them if they were anywhere near an assault rifle but they were good at hiking up Mount Sinai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=234pTxkDKsk...laynext_from=PL

What were two Israeli babes doing with a pool cue? :)

HOLA4424
Guest skullingtonjoe
What were two Israeli babes doing with a pool cue? :)

Israeli women look very nice, and they`re pretty tough cookies too (thanks to all that military training). I think that if any drunken British tourist tried sexually assaulting them, they`d end up a lot worse off than just getting toasted balls! ;)

HOLA4425

Archived