House Price Crash Forum

Massa Out Schumacher In

deadman

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
This will make F1 worth watching again. I just hope that the old boy's not going to get a hammering and be remembered for that, rather than his amazing achievements.

Wouldn't it be good if he were fighting up at the sharp end though?

Hated his guts when he was racing. Overjoyed he's back now.

Like Cantona. Hated him with a passion as a player. Look back and appreciate he was marvellous.

HOLA444

Sort of on topic...

Thinking back to my undergrad days, specifically the Sunday in 1994 on which Ayrton Senna and John Smith met their maker under somewhat different circumstances, but unexpectedly enough to make the lead and second headline on the news bulletins (I honestly can't remember which way round they were now). Hence the joke: what was the difference between Senna's and Smith's widows? Mrs. Smith inherited the car...

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Some of you don't get what motor racing is about - the one with the fastest car wins! :rolleyes:

If the car's no good, doesn't matter who is in the cockpit, look at Lewis this year for example.

The excitement at the news surprises me - I mean it's not exactly Lance Armstrong coming back to ride the tour de France is it?

HOLA448

What about when there are so many cars that are so comparable that you get the 'wheel-to-wheel' action that I'm talking about?

This season is one of those. It isn't just dominated by one car/one driver.

HOLA449
What about when there are so many cars that are so comparable that you get the 'wheel-to-wheel' action that I'm talking about?

This season is one of those. It isn't just dominated by one car/one driver.

No, I see there are two cars that could win - exciting isn't it? :lol:

1 Jenson Button GB Brawn-Mercedes 70 pts

2 Mark Webber Aus Red Bull-Renault 51.5

3 Sebastian Vettel Ger Red Bull-Renault 47

4 Rubens Barrichello Brz Brawn-Mercedes 44

5 Nico Rosberg Ger Williams-Toyota 25.5

6 Jarno Trulli Ita Toyota 22.5

7 Felipe Massa Brz Ferrari 22

8 Lewis Hamilton GB McLaren-Mercedes 19

9 Kimi Raikkonen Fin Ferrari 18

10 Timo Glock Ger Toyota 16

HOLA4410
Guest X-QUORK

This is great news. I'd like to see Jensen give his car to Sterling Moss for a race, see if the old boy still has it in him. Come to think of it, what about Celeb-Pro races? I think I'm onto something.

HOLA4411

The qualifying session for the next race is going to be electric. We get to find out if Chewbacca still has his magic.

I hated him for his cheating (especially against Damon Hill) but eventually accepted him for the genuine legend he is.

Can't wait to see him in action.

When Mansell made a brief comeback with McLaren in the mid nineties that was never as exciting as this.

Many of todays young guns could be made to look silly so they'll have to up their games so as not to be shamed by a 40 year old.

Wait a minute, I'm 40 . . . :(:lol:

HOLA4412
This is great news. I'd like to see Jensen give his car to Sterling Moss for a race, see if the old boy still has it in him. Come to think of it, what about Celeb-Pro races? I think I'm onto something.

How about some of those who've done Top Gear's Star In A Reasonably Priced Car?

All for chariddee of course.

HOLA4413
Guest X-QUORK
How about some of those who've done Top Gear's Star In A Reasonably Priced Car?

All for chariddee of course.

Sadly most of us would find it hard enough not to stall the bloody thing before we actually move anywhere, then there's the problem of being able to hold your head up on the first corner.

Back to the drawing board.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
No, I see there are two cars that could win - exciting isn't it? :lol:

1 Jenson Button GB Brawn-Mercedes 70 pts

2 Mark Webber Aus Red Bull-Renault 51.5

3 Sebastian Vettel Ger Red Bull-Renault 47

4 Rubens Barrichello Brz Brawn-Mercedes 44

5 Nico Rosberg Ger Williams-Toyota 25.5

6 Jarno Trulli Ita Toyota 22.5

7 Felipe Massa Brz Ferrari 22

8 Lewis Hamilton GB McLaren-Mercedes 19

9 Kimi Raikkonen Fin Ferrari 18

10 Timo Glock Ger Toyota 16

Points accrued when the rear diffuser system was in it's infancy gave Red Bull and Brawn the advantage in the points, granted.

It's not all about the championship points system that you've copy and pasted though Frankie!

Alonso was on pole last week and he's not even listed there. Hamilton won. Raikkonen was on the podium.

Why does anyone bother watching Premiership football in that case? Button = Man Utd, Webber = Chelsea, Vettel = Liverpool (now that's what I call boring!)

HOLA4416
I'm looking forward to (hopefully) some wheel-to-wheel action against Hamilton, Raikkonen, Vettel and 'The Brawns'.

Should be good.

I think the Daily Mash has the true picture on this news...

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-...?-200907311948/

When you see the footage of Schuey ramming other cars in his heyday you realise how fragile the cars are nowadays hence no overtaking or bumping and hence a very dull "sport".

Archived