House Price Crash Forum

Ftse Back From The Grave

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Another good day shaping up on the markets and what a surprise this thread lurking on page 4 again. Oil up, Dow Futures up, Intel up. More easy moolah. Sometimes the opportunity cost of being a perma-bear is quite high.

HOLA444
HOLA445
Another good day shaping up on the markets and what a surprise this thread lurking on page 4 again. Oil up, Dow Futures up, Intel up. More easy moolah. Sometimes the opportunity cost of being a perma-bear is quite high.

FTSE might be good for day trading at the mo, if you are experienced enough. Are you suggesting that this upward trend has a long time to run?

HOLA446
HOLA447

Moolah? My you are endearing. This thread goes onto page 4 like all the other ones that don't get added to in 30 minutes! Simple stuff, no conspiracy. And by the way, most people on here are not day trading so your point is… pointless

HOLA448
FTSE might be good for day trading at the mo, if you are experienced enough. Are you suggesting that this upward trend has a long time to run?

You're right. I've put some trades in with stop-loss but I wish I had a live feed and was doing it full-time. What do you think the support level is?

"and if so, whats the driving force ???"

Good data comming in from America is pushing this DOW tracker higher I think.

"Moolah? My you are end.... "

It hadn't been replied to for 24 hours. I think there's good valule out there if you look.

Edited by pl1

HOLA449
You're right. I've put some trades in with stop-loss but I wish I had a live feed and was doing it full-time. What do you think the support level is?

"and if so, whats the driving force ???"

Good data comming in from America is pushing this DOW tracker higher I think.

"What do you think the support level is"

"DOW tracker"

?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

No real idea - I am not a trader, but I follow the markets a bit. I would be intrigued if it can sustain a push past 4350-4400. I suspect this is a temporary rebound, as I don't see any fundamental reasons why it should sustain.

HOLA4412

Still technically a bear market, but it's quite possible that we have a bottom in place. Some of the shorter term moving averages are now trending up, and the market seems to be writing off bad news. Still needs to convincingly push past 4650 though, which is the key resistance level. At the moment we are a bit in no-man's land.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
You're clearly not a TA fan?

You just had to ask didn't you? :rolleyes:

Take your pic (depends on your timeframe)

4100 appears to have been intraday support (having been resistance in April twice and support prior), 50ma may give resistance (around 4340 - which is also the existing support breakdown area on the P&F chart).

4500 has been resistance 3 times in May/June.

I'd suggest 3900 is strong support if we ever get that far.

2p 'orth. (50pt box - 3 box reversal)

2itou14.jpg

HOLA4416
You just had to ask didn't you? :rolleyes:

Take your pic (depends on your timeframe)

4100 appears to have been intraday support (having been resistance in April twice and support prior), 50ma may give resistance (around 4340 - which is also the existing support breakdown area on the P&F chart).

4500 has been resistance 3 times in May/June.

I'd suggest 3900 is strong support if we ever get that far.

2p 'orth. (50pt box - 3 box reversal)

2itou14.jpg

Nice chart. Looks like we are gearing up to have another go at decisively getting past 4500. If/when that can be negotiated, we can have a real crack at 4650.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
To clarify, I don't have a problem with evidence based TA

http://www.condoroptions.com/index.php/tec...lders-patterns/

that's the science bit, after it's happened.

forward charting, that's the sentiment guessing bit.

It's all a load of b0ll0x imo, people selling shares in companies that don't make anything (dot.con), & the whole company lives on a huge server ffs, with some posh londinium town offices, with tw@tty wide boys in sharp suits & shiny pointy shoes all patting each other on the back, talking loudly in wine bars arguing who's bought the most expensive champagne.

imho of course, not wanting to p1ss on the TA bonfires. ;)

also, I wasn't online to vent my opinions after watching 'Freefall', no doubt it was discussed here, great little drama imo.