House Price Crash Forum

Gord Slip Up At P M Q ? Revealing General Election In Autumn?

loginandtonic

HOLA441

Hmm, a pretty gutted looking Brown fought for all he was worth against Cameron in today's PMQs. He got really worked up throughout, he gave his all it has to be said, not that I agree with his reckless policies including zirp and qe.

However, towards the end in reply to Mark Harper's question on RDAs and cuts that were denied and now seem to be the case, Brown seems to have maybe dropped a hint that we are in the run up to a GE, because in the middle of his impassioned attack on the Tories he used a phrase that "the Conservative party has been revealed today as the party that will fight for the next few months on cuts in services and at some point they're going to have to tell us..."

Oxford Eng Dictionary definition of few a small number of, not many

fight a vigorous struggle or campaign

i feel like ted rogers on 321 going over these clues, but i ask myself is brown letting slip the GE is in not many months from now and the campaigns will be starting?

did he in the heat of pmq today when he got really carried away let this cat out of the bag?

is that why he looks so gutted?

if so who's put the pressure on him to go to the country earlier rather than later?

HOLA442
Hmm, a pretty gutted looking Brown fought for all he was worth against Cameron in today's PMQs. He got really worked up throughout, he gave his all it has to be said, not that I agree with his reckless policies including zirp and qe.

However, towards the end in reply to Mark Harper's question on RDAs and cuts that were denied and now seem to be the case, Brown seems to have maybe dropped a hint that we are in the run up to a GE, because in the middle of his impassioned attack on the Tories he used a phrase that "the Conservative party has been revealed today as the party that will fight for the next few months on cuts in services and at some point they're going to have to tell us..."

i feel like ted rogers on 321 going over these clues, but i ask myself is brown letting slip the GE is in not many months from now and the campaigns will be starting?

did he in the heat of pmq today when he got really carried away let this cat out of the bag?

if so who's put the pressure on him to go to the country earlier rather than later?

Oh if only!, sadly I think he just means less than a year to bully, bribe and browbeat everyone in to voting for him. I doubt he will give up one second of power more than he has to.

HOLA443
Oh if only!, sadly I think he just means less than a year to bully, bribe and browbeat everyone in to voting for him. I doubt he will give up one second of power more than he has to.

yes, you are prob right, or maybe he was worried about the Dissolve Parliament Motion that was to come later today, defeated by an almost slim 70 approx, perhaps he thought it wouldnt be defeated....?

HOLA444
yes, you are prob right, or maybe he was worried about the Dissolve Parliament Motion that was to come later today, defeated by an almost slim 70 approx, perhaps he thought it wouldnt be defeated....?

I think he's way past that sort of thing now, operating on some sort of mammalian reflex.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Watching it, as Brown babbled at a million miles an hour trying to cram as much shite in as possible to avoid having to answer questions, Peter Hain at one point looked like he just wanted to put his head in his hands, but held back for the sake of the cameras. The people sitting behind Brown are for the most part on their last chance to hold this level of office, they see no other option other than to tough it out for a year. A truly truly pathetic slur on democracy. Brown must go down as the most self serving ******er in the history of parliament?

HOLA447
Guest anorthosite
Unless Cameron is caught kiddie fiddling over the summer or an event that could cause a turnaround in Labour's fortunes of that magnitude, I very much doubt it. As things stand he's on course to lose.

Didn't someone say that the only way Gordon Brown would win the election was if Madelaine McCann was found in David Cameron's basement?

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

The only thing that'll get him to go in the Autumn would be something economy-related. If, for example, it looked likely that there was genuine trouble with government borrowing looming then he might want to give it a shot before having to do something about it. He's pretty much obliged to go before cutting spending, or the what looks like the whole basis of their campaign (the Tories will cut in a nasty way... repeat until bored) will be undermined.

Having said all that, I reckon he'll wait it out. He bottled it in Autumn '07 when he may well have won, so I can't imagine he'll be taking risks now.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I think the only reason he will go even 1 day earlier than he has to is if he thinks he will win. And the only way this will happen is if the imaginary Recorereh continues long enough to con enough people and if the bad press about his crappy govt subsides long enough.

The first is a bit hard to call, but the second is unlikely. Many of the MSM have it in for him now, I believe. They're pissed off with him about all sorts of things and muck sells papers.

Also, we have to factor in the ditherer and bottler factors.

No, I dont see an early end to the Brown debacle.

HOLA4413
I think the only reason he will go even 1 day earlier than he has to is if he thinks he will win. And the only way this will happen is if the imaginary Recorereh continues long enough to con enough people and if the bad press about his crappy govt subsides long enough.

The first is a bit hard to call, but the second is unlikely. Many of the MSM have it in for him now, I believe. They're pissed off with him about all sorts of things and muck sells papers.

Also, we have to factor in the ditherer and bottler factors.

No, I dont see an early end to the Brown debacle.

i spoke with some pawnbrokers today, they dont see any sign of recovery. and charity shops are having half price sales and even the better stuff in the cabinet is marked down 30% in a good few chain charity shops

that said, streets were busy with people but i dont think they're shopping for anything substantial

Archived