House Price Crash Forum

Should The British Be Destroyed

HOLA441
There is enough of them for them to sell to themselves. ;)

Exactly, I bet they'd love to fill the tiny little boxes they live in with all that wonderful and meaningful stuff they make for us.

Seriously though, if we in the west don't get back to stupid levels of consumerism soon, I wonder if it is even plausable for the chinese to go back to farming to feed themselves?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Guest มร หล&#3
Can I just ask a question here??

What did the UK and America do before 2001, when MEW wasn't regarded as a blank cheque??

How did our economies survive in the 80's and 90's if no one had any MEW money, which means, they had no money at all??

Don't forget you had the boom in the 80's.

The 90's were a matter of living within means, individuals and nationally. Britain was running a surplus in 1996 I believe. This was before the real take-off of globalisation, off-shoring and loss of key US and UK manufacturing to other countries.

Will it be different this time? Quite possibly so.

HOLA443
Guest มร หล&#3
Exactly, I bet they'd love to fill the tiny little boxes they live in with all that wonderful and meaningful stuff they make for us.

Seriously though, if we in the west don't get back to stupid levels of consumerism soon, I wonder if it is even plausable for the chinese to go back to farming to feed themselves?

Kara,

I'm witness to it here. As office work disappears along with tourism and manufacturing people are returning to family farms and digging potatoes.

People from these countries know how to survive. It's not much fun, but they do it.

HOLA444
Kara,

I'm witness to it here. As office work disappears along with tourism and manufacturing people are returning to family farms and digging potatoes.

People from these countries know how to survive. It's not much fun, but they do it.

Sorry, I wasn;t clear. Yes, there's no doubt they work uber hard, and will do whatever it takes to survive. I was just wondering about their chances of actually getting land to farm now. As I was under the impression corporations have bought up vasts tracts of agri land all over china, so I was thinking more about availability/affordability of land.

HOLA445
Obviously you have never been to China, and seen the conditions in factories. I have, and I have seen the misery Chinese workers endure, for the grand total of one dollar a day.

You are a fecking idiot.

Sweatshop, forced labour, semi slavery, these things don't even begin to describe the atrocious conditions endured by most chinese factory workers.

If you want to talk shit, feel free to continue. But I suggest you seriously check your facts before praising the forced labour conditions suffered by workers in a repressive communist state, or look like a complete moron.

Savings? No. Foreign currency surplus built up through a rigged exchange rate? Yes.

Now p1ss off back into the asylum you escaped from.

你说中国工人æ¯å¤©çš„工资是一美元。那就是七人民å¸ã€‚

如果工人æ¯å¤©å·¥ä½œï¼Œæ¯æœˆçš„工资就是二百åå—,

看起æ¥å¤ªå°‘。

你什么时候去了中国?

你看得懂我写的å—?

You are right that the Chinese need customers, and they are taking a bath in the export sector at the moment. But the situation is not that desperate (yet). China will probably stagnate, not collapse.

Without wanting to sound full of myself, the level of debate about China on this thread is poor. I recommend the following website as a basis of knowledge:

http://mpettis.com/

HOLA446
Guest มร หล&#3
Sorry, I wasn;t clear. Yes, there's no doubt they work uber hard, and will do whatever it takes to survive. I was just wondering about their chances of actually getting land to farm now. As I was under the impression corporations have bought up vasts tracts of agri land all over china, so I was thinking more about availability/affordability of land.

I know not of China, but over here the government put a stop to proxy ownership of land by corporations. Fear was a lot of middle east interests were trying to buy up agricultural land.

Farmland is allocated to the poor through a programme of land distribution. Government land has recently been opened up to farming to prevent hunger and maintain production. They also have a loans scheme where land is used as collateral but no interest is payable on the loan. Very soft loans, repay over many year, but the money must be used for agricultural development.

Add to that the cow breeding programme. Cows are given to poor farmers who breed them, then hand the mother cow on to the next family.

Okay life's not all iPods and big telly's up here (well, maybe), but it does work.

Best ask Saberu (HPC poster, bright fella, lives in China) about this regarding China. These far eastern countries are not as pure capitalist and harsh as you may think. There's no hand-outs but there is co-operation and development.