House Price Crash Forum

Downing Street Press Conference

MOP

HOLA441

I said yesterday and repeat it today.

I sincerely think he is going for a scorched earth policy. He cannot and will not allow the governance to go to anyone else. He will wreck the whole thing first.

Whoever comes after him will be unable to right a ship so seriously sunk. I will take decades.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

I sincerely think he is going for a scorched earth policy. He cannot and will not allow the governance to go to anyone else. He will wreck the whole thing first.

Whoever comes after him will be unable to right a ship so seriously sunk. I will take decades.

I'm beginning to think you are right. I think Monday will be the true test for him. I half expected that he would resign today during the press conference and that surely after all that's happened this week he would go. The country won't survive another year.

HOLA443

Fascinating, just watched Peter Hain getting grilled by Uber-Blairite running dog Kirsty Wark. Gordo's time is definitely up when media luvvies such as laWark turn against him. It may been because it was in defence of a female cabinet minister who was resigning on the grounds of sexism, but ground-breaking nonetheless.

HOLA444

I'm impressed that you're taking on the job at all!

HOLA445
Fascinating, just watched Peter Hain getting grilled by Uber-Blairite running dog Kirsty Wark. Gordo's time is definitely up when media luvvies such as laWark turn against him. It may been because it was in defence of a female cabinet minister who was resigning on the grounds of sexism, but ground-breaking nonetheless.

That's all well and good, but it is obvious that Brown could not give a fook what anyone in the media (or anywhere else TBH) thinks of him anymore. He's taking it to the wire and that's that.

It is obvious from the press conference that he believes the recovery will come through in time for the election and he will have saved the day.

HOLA446

Absolutely shocking performance, that this deluded lunatic is PM is quite astonishing, and must, starting in America, make Britain a global laughing stock.

The bit where, in the midst of a recession/depression, he maintained that public spending would rise year on year was something else. We will not begin to address our huge problems until this man and this tired and rotten government are gone.

HOLA447
That's all well and good, but it is obvious that Brown could not give a fook what anyone in the media (or anywhere else TBH) thinks of him anymore. He's taking it to the wire and that's that.

It is obvious from the press conference that he believes the recovery will come through in time for the election and he will have saved the day.

MOP,

Unfortunately you are right, Brown will have to be removed from No 10 strapped to a stretcher. this is not a thing that I think will be good for UK politics, but nonetheless, what I fear will be the reality.

We really, really need to get rid of Gordo asap!

HOLA448
I'm beginning to think you are right. I think Monday will be the true test for him. I half expected that he would resign today during the press conference and that surely after all that's happened this week he would go. The country won't survive another year.

He will print and spend to create jobs galore in the public sector. I fully expect some mega giveaway to first time buyers to keep the housing market aloft and loads of enterprise grants to dubious business start-ups.

He has clearly stated that he wants to spend his way out of recession. I am certain he seriously thinks if he spends enough the economy will recover. He is using borrowed money for one more spin of the wheel, always one more, just one more.

There is no money.

We truly can't last 12 months. Infaltion is going to be merciless.

HOLA449

You are right he's going to drive this thing off a cliff.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I put this up on youtube for anyone who wants to watch it. I only recorded the press questions which was by far the best bit.

Its in 3 parts. He gets told about Flint in Part 2.

I've seen the last few of these press conferences & the complete & utter disrespect the press have been showing him in their language & questions asked is incredible. They were clearly relishing sticking the knife in but the question by William Green "Prime minister Stephen Byers suggested that you were perhaps a loser.......... or perhaps a winner. Which one are you?" had me in stitches. it was such a pi$$ take. Its at 3:20 in part 3.

Archived