House Price Crash Forum

Californias Day Of Reckoning Arrives

HOLA441

oh dear

link

The state wallet is empty. The bank closed. Credit has dried up, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger told lawmakers in a special Tuesday morning address at the Capitol.

“California’s day of reckoning is here,†he said. With no action, the state will run out of cash in 14 days. Three months after the state budget was approved, California faces a $24 billion deficit.

Schwarzenegger has already proposed massive cuts to education, health care and prisons. Now he’s looking for structural reform to make government more efficient and stretch taxpayer dollars.

HOLA442
HOLA443
This makes the NASDAQ soar since March even more amazing.

California is bust and one of the big reasons is the loss of taxes from workers and corporates.

The biggest corporates in Cali are the NASDAQ heavy techs of silicon valley - they too have been laying off thousands of workers so how and why is the NASDAQ flying when the tech industry is in the doldrums? Apparently it is because the bw ankers think that things could be WORSE!!!

This is one reason why I am expecting the markets to crash this year - the rise in the markets is built on nothing.

Relax... everything's gonna be alright:

Dow Will Reach 14,000 in Two Years: Strategist

http://www.cnbc.com/id/31067511

“I really believe this rally is the real deal — I felt it two, three months ago,†Riley told CNBC.

Riley said he sees the Dow reaching 14,000 in the next two years.

He also said he is bullish on the housing front and said there will be a “scramble to buy more homes†over the summer.

He is Ned Riley, CEO of Riley Asset Management. Glad he's not managing my assets! :o:o:o

HOLA444
HOLA445

California is bust and one of the big reasons is the loss of taxes from workers and corporates.

The biggest corporates in Cali are the NASDAQ heavy techs of silicon valley - they too have been laying off thousands of workers so how and why is the NASDAQ flying when the tech industry is in the doldrums? Apparently it is because the bw ankers think that things could be WORSE!!!

This is one reason why I am expecting the markets to crash this year - the rise in the markets is built on nothing.

If Cali is screwed then it is screwed because it's tech companies are screwed... and if Cali is screwed then so is the US... and so are we!

HOLA446

Boo Hoo, give us Fed Aid or we will legalize marijuana.

Also the USA is an emerging market on Ultimate risk basis and the Bank of England should mark them as such on June 19th,

It's time to mark everything involved with this country as high risk, including any loans where they are the ultimate source.

Edited by Tom Peters

HOLA447
HOLA448
Relax... everything's gonna be alright:

Dow Will Reach 14,000 in Two Years: Strategist

http://www.cnbc.com/id/31067511

“I really believe this rally is the real deal — I felt it two, three months ago,†Riley told CNBC.

Riley said he sees the Dow reaching 14,000 in the next two years.

He also said he is bullish on the housing front and said there will be a “scramble to buy more homes†over the summer.

He is Ned Riley, CEO of Riley Asset Management. Glad he's not managing my assets! :o:o:o

I think it may reach 14,000 in 2 years then again it may not. However, between 'then' and now I personally believe that a big crash is coming.

:P

HOLA449
I think it may reach 14,000 in 2 years then again it may not. However, between 'then' and now I personally believe that a big crash is coming.

:P

Between then and now we have this coming. Currency crash, nuclear war, genetically-altered Jacqui Smith as world dictator...

Blondie___Atomic.jpg

post-11064-1243981353_thumb.jpg

HOLA4410

If Cali is screwed then it is screwed because it's tech companies are screwed... and if Cali is screwed then so is the US... and so are we!

Standalone, California is (was?) the 8th largest economy in the world.