House Price Crash Forum

A Positive Thread

Guest มร หล&#3

HOLA441

probably the only country in the world where you can....

1.) tell the social security that you are depressed and suffer from anxiety and panic attacks.

2.) now your,e on the sick you don,t need to sign on anymore.

3.) get a flat paid for by the social.

4.) move to spain and work in a bar.

5.) sublet flat that you only need for mail for extra income.

WHERE ELSE COULD YOU DO THIS? :ph34r:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
Guest มร หล&#3
probably the only country in the world where you can....

1.) tell the social security that you are depressed and suffer from anxiety and panic attacks.

2.) now your,e on the sick you don,t need to sign on anymore.

3.) get a flat paid for by the social.

4.) move to spain and work in a bar.

5.) sublet flat that you only need for mail for extra income.

WHERE ELSE COULD YOU DO THIS? :ph34r:

Ummmm . . . .

Errrrr . . .

Quite.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest BAREBEAR_soon to be ALIVA

[quote name='jazztraveller' post='1878197' date='May 10 20

Another great British thing. Football rivalry going back yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaarsss!!!!

Just jesting by the way BAREBEAR :rolleyes:

Jazz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know .

Funnily enough I prefer the old Chelsea pre Abromovich,when we used to lose regularly.

If the result today happened in the 70's or 80' the Arsenal players would have been suicidal, now their all payed too much and today didn't matter that much as there was nothing much on it apart from pride, unfortunately pride is coming second place now.

Edited by BAREBEAR_soon to be ALIVA

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
I know .

Funnily enough I prefer the old Chelsea pre Abromovich,when we used to lose regularly.

If the result today happened in the 70's or 80' the Arsenal players would have been suicidal, now their all payed too much and today didn't matter that much as there was nothing much on it apart from pride, unfortunately pride is coming second place now.

Yeah, in some ways I have sympathy for old skool Chelsea fans. I mean, we got to the UEFA cup final based on spending unsustainable wages and playing bland football - yet I'm perversely looking forward to our impending relegation, just to bring some spark, competiteveness and reality back to the whole thing. Kind of back to what we always were - a yo-yo club. Premier league Football in England - outside of the top 4 - is dead my friend. Believe me - negative, over-priced, sopophoric, fearful and bland.

So again, what DID I like about Britain? When sport was competitive!!!

I do feel sometimes that we are clinging onto a Britain that 'was' rather than 'is'.

Jazz

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest มร หล&#3
Yeah, in some ways I have sympathy for old skool Chelsea fans. I mean, we got to the UEFA cup final based on spending unsustainable wages and playing bland football - yet I'm perversely looking forward to our impending relegation, just to bring some spark, competiteveness and reality back to the whole thing. Kind of back to what we always were - a yo-yo club. Premier league Football in England - outside of the top 4 - is dead my friend. Believe me - negative, over-priced, sopophoric, fearful and bland.

I do feel sometimes that we are clinging onto a Britain that 'was' rather than 'is'.

Jazz

Strip all the BS away (happening due to no more credit) reckon it's probably still there.

HOLA4413
Strip all the BS away (happening due to no more credit) reckon it's probably still there.

Yeah, I teach kids who quite honestly either crack me up with their down-to-earthness, or astound me with their good-heartedness or intelligence. Seriously...

HOLA4414

I hear there are a lot of awful people about but most of the people I meet are rather pleasant.

Had a very tasty leg of lamb for lunch which was British. (well sold as British so was here at least 6 weeks prior to slaughter or some fiddle)

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Jazz

Relegations been great for us man. Those were the best times, Dixon , Speedy et al.

You lot did alright when you had Jimmy playing for you,that was a great match. I remember Mclaren saying that he didnt really have any tactics just let the players get on with it. We should have known.

Edited by BAREBEAR_soon to be ALIVA

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Relegations been great for us man. Those were the best times, Dixon , Speedy et al.

You lot did alright when you had Jimmy playing for you,that was a great match.

Different times though wasn't it? :unsure:

I remember you beating Walsall 7-0 away in 1988/89 (after you had been relegated by some DNB team :lol: ).

David Speedie - proper old school! Played for Darlo actually (another team about to be liquidated into oblivion this week by a callous 'businessman' - what the hell are we doing to our community and culture for a quick quid??? :( )

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Different times though wasn't it? :unsure:

I remember you beating Walsall 7-0 away in 1988/89 (after you had been relegated by some DNB team :lol: ).

David Speedie - proper old school! Played for Darlo actually (another team about to be liquidated into oblivion this week by a callous 'businessman' - what the hell are we doing to our community and culture for a quick quid??? :( )

Tis sad.

Have you ever tried to work out how clubs make a profit ? Its virtually impossible even for the big teams. Thats why the city aren't keen on football,the figures just dont add up.

In 20 years I can see there not being much more than 2 divisions.

HOLA4423

Whether it's crap or not, it is the country I come from and I am not a 'farang' here.

I detest lots about the place especially some of the the bellends that live here and the shite weather.

I remember returning from Australia years ago and hearing people struggling with their luggage and complaining loudly on that Gatwick rail link about being back in 'this bloody place' ... and the old railway guard who was collecting their tickets just said "Yes... but yer keep coming back though don't ya!" ....that's one thing I like about the UK.....miserable twats who are funny.

HOLA4424
Tis sad.

Have you ever tried to work out how clubs make a profit ? Its virtually impossible even for the big teams. Thats why the city aren't keen on football,the figures just dont add up.

In 20 years I can see there not being much more than 2 divisions.

They can hardly make enough to support the running of the plastic bowl stadiums and their infrastructure. See, that was one thing about having a brick wall to pee on, and a basic kiosk to sell bovril (oh ok, or shandy for you) - they demanded no upkeep!! :lol:

The other thing of course is wages. It's sooooo like houseprices - the wages (prices) at the top get inflated by those who probably can support then in the short-term, then everyone else has to pay higher wages (prices) that they simply cannot afford, just to try and keep up and appear ambitious. It works for a while, then the cracks begin to show, football clubs go bankrupt, home-owners can't keep up the payments...

As Platini said in a paper today: "What happens when the TV money stops"?????

Night night

Jazz

HOLA4425