House Price Crash Forum

Housing Nonsense From The Tories

HOLA441
HOLA442
Can you explain the mechanics of this to us? It sounds fascinating.

The mechanics of it are pretty obvious.

Ask yourself why bankers have been handed an open cheque, and ask yourself since when did the Labour Party Manifesto mention Globalisation and New World Order ?

We are run not by our Government, but by the highest bidders on the planet who coerce and influence not just their own Governments but all Governments.

I would reckon the entire worlds wealth is essentially managed by less than a thousand people.

Take a look at Blair, co-incidence that he is now the highest paid globe trotting speaker in the world, coincidence he was appointed to a major bank that was given authority to broker a deal and asset strip Northern Rock taking the cream AAA rated loans leaving the taxpayer with the subprime assets, six weeks before it went into state ownership.

HOLA443
HOLA444
Not sure I would agree, the Tories policy is for all housing to be in the hands of private or housing association landlords so in effect it would not work.

Its only a green paper, and I guess they are just knocking stupid unworkable ideas about.

That's true but HAs now seem to be falling apart at the seams as they have a business model based on hpi and easy borrowing, a good many are likely to collapse in the not too distant future. More 'Transfers' from councils to HAs are now very unlikely.

I believe there are still around 2.5 million council tenancies......quite a biggly number.

I expect the Tories to bring in some kind of 'rent to buy' scheme with no mortgages as such, just tenants paying the same rent as before but having to take responsibility for repairs.

HOLA445

Well I would like to see all housing associations go bust, their houses handed back to local councils and the reintroduction of council housing within local authorities.

However I would also like to see these houses be given only to British Citizens who have resided in the UK for at least fifteen years.................................and no exceptions. Assylum Seekers and freeloaders should live in temporary portacabins until such time as they have proved themselves to be worthy Citizens or sent home.

HOLA446
The mechanics of it are pretty obvious.

Ask yourself why bankers have been handed an open cheque, and ask yourself since when did the Labour Party Manifesto mention Globalisation and New World Order ?

We are run not by our Government, but by the highest bidders on the planet who coerce and influence not just their own Governments but all Governments.

I would reckon the entire worlds wealth is essentially managed by less than a thousand people.

Take a look at Blair, co-incidence that he is now the highest paid globe trotting speaker in the world, coincidence he was appointed to a major bank that was given authority to broker a deal and asset strip Northern Rock taking the cream AAA rated loans leaving the taxpayer with the subprime assets, six weeks before it went into state ownership.

Amazing! I had no idea! Why has all this been kept from me until today?

HOLA447

Coupled with this morning's fox hunting debacle, it is becoming clear that the Tories wish to distance themselves from potential urban voters.

i.e. they (or their masters) don't want to take over this shower of Shite!

Remember the policy exchange report? Be carefull how you vote next summer.

Edited by PopGun

HOLA448
HOLA449
Coupled with this morning's fox hunting debacle, it is becoming clear that the Tories wish to distance themselves from potential urban voters.

The report has a disguised message. It clearly didnt expect everyone from the North to move to the South, but it did identify that the North had a 70% of the population dependant on public spending, they are most unlikely to vote for the Tories as I have yet to see a turkey vote for Christmas.

HOLA4410

The report has a disguised message. It clearly didnt expect everyone from the North to move to the South, but it did identify that the North had a 70% of the population dependant on public spending, they are most unlikely to vote for the Tories as I have yet to see a turkey vote for Christmas.

HOLA4411

HOLA4412
Because you have only just been released from Rampton ?

Thanks! That explains it! Lots of my fellow patients at Rampton were conspiracy theorists. I never realised that they existed in the outside world too. I think I'll sign myself back in - it's saner there than here!

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Thanks! That explains it! Lots of my fellow patients at Rampton were conspiracy theorists. I never realised that they existed in the outside world too. I think I'll sign myself back in - it's saner there than here!

You have my sympathies for I too was once like you.

I used to laugh fifteen years ago when nutters came on TV talking about a group of people who wanted to create a New World Order and Globalisation. Our Governments labelled them conspiricy theorists/anarchists, and then spoke about Governments that actually invoked wars dressed up in other peoples colours. I didnt believe them, and I also didnt believe those people that told me five years ago that the Bilderburg Conference was the global elite and it was they that selected our national leaders and ruled our nations from the outside.

Then I woke up, but a little late as Brown has clearly dropped the hints over the past couple of months, its out in the open now so Consipiricy it is not.

HOLA4416
You have my sympathies for I too was once like you.

I used to laugh fifteen years ago when nutters came on TV talking about a group of people who wanted to create a New World Order and Globalisation. Our Governments labelled them conspiricy theorists/anarchists, and then spoke about Governments that actually invoked wars dressed up in other peoples colours. I didnt believe them, and I also didnt believe those people that told me five years ago that the Bilderburg Conference was the global elite and it was they that selected our national leaders and ruled our nations from the outside.

Then I woke up, but a little late as Brown has clearly dropped the hints over the past couple of months, its out in the open now so Consipiricy it is not.

That's one thing I certainly agree with you about. 'Consipiricy' it ain't!

HOLA4417
That's one thing I certainly agree with you about. 'Consipiricy' it ain't!

And there you have it, Gordon Brown is not running this nation, as indeed Tony Blair did not run the nation either and that is particularly obvious given his current role and the place he choses to live.

HOLA4418
What's so objectionable about this plan? If you're in LA/HA housing you can move to another part of the country and get another LA/HA house. Why is that bad?

There's no mention of HA tenants, only council tenants.

If I wanted to move to another area, how would it work? The council would have to buy another property and then sell mine. This is way beyond the capabilties of local councils! Much better for tenants to exchange their council houses, something that has been going on for a few years.

Try Googling 'council house exchange'.

HOLA4419
There's no mention of HA tenants, only council tenants.

If I wanted to move to another area, how would it work? The council would have to buy another property and then sell mine. This is way beyond the capabilties of local councils! Much better for tenants to exchange their council houses, something that has been going on for a few years.

Try Googling 'council house exchange'.

The problem with a Council House exchange is that nobody at the council or in Government is making any money out of it.

Surely its far better to have a sale transaction on two properties so that at least some stamp duty can be made, and the lawyers who will no likely have jobs in the cabinet can make a buck out of the conveyancing ?

If we all shared actually practised your sensible suggestions can you imagine what a state our MP's would be in ?

No more BBQ's and working class speaker and Labour Party stooge Michael Martin and his lovely wife could never ever dream of going on £100k holidays.

HOLA4420
The problem with a Council House exchange is that nobody at the council or in Government is making any money out of it.

Surely its far better to have a sale transaction on two properties so that at least some stamp duty can be made, and the lawyers who will no likely have jobs in the cabinet can make a buck out of the conveyancing ?

If we all shared actually practised your sensible suggestions can you imagine what a state our MP's would be in ?

No more BBQ's and working class speaker and Labour Party stooge Michael Martin and his lovely wife could never ever dream of going on £100k holidays.

Cynical but correct.

The trough must always be kept full....

HOLA4421