House Price Crash Forum

Operation Glencoe - G20 Security Codename

Radge

HOLA441
HOLA442

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_Glencoe

You are hereby ordered to fall upon the rebels... and put all to the sword under seventy. You are to have a special care that the old Fox and his sons doe upon no account escape your hands, you are to secure all the avenues that no man escape. This you are to putt in execution at fyve of the clock precisely; and by that time, or very shortly after it, I'll strive to be att you with a stronger party: if I doe not come to you att fyve, you are not to tarry for me, but to fall on. This is by the Kings speciall command, for the good & safty of the Country, that these miscreants be cutt off root and branch.
Edited by Timm

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

What idiot PR spin doctor could have come up with this? It couldn't have been a...

Campbell?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
What idiot PR spin doctor could have come up with this? It couldn't have been a...

Campbell?

No, Robert Campbell of Glenlyon was a drunken sot with gambling and other debts. No resemblance at all ...

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
No, Robert Campbell of Glenlyon was a drunken sot with gambling and other debts. No resemblance at all ...

I think (hope) he was referring to the fact that the Campbells fought on the side of the Government during the last Jacobite rebellion, famously attacking the Jacobite clansmen in the flank during the battle of Culloden... they had some old scores to settle.

HOLA4419
I think (hope) he was referring to the fact that the Campbells fought on the side of the Government during the last Jacobite rebellion, famously attacking the Jacobite clansmen in the flank during the battle of Culloden... they had some old scores to settle.

That was 53 years later. The Crooked-Mouths (Caim-beul) had been lining their pockets at everyone else's expense for years beforehand. Interesting that one of their descendants should have become the personification of deceit and spin.

HOLA4420

What I was actually getting at was that Robert Campbell was a commanding officer at the massacre of Glencoe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Campbell_of_Glenlyon

Alastair was also on my mind.

(That motivational poster is genius, and I didn't know about the Culloden thing).

Edit: I got over excited.

Edited by Timm

HOLA4421
That was 53 years later. The Crooked-Mouths (Caim-beul) had been lining their pockets at everyone else's expense for years beforehand. Interesting that one of their descendants should have become the personification of deceit and spin.

Nasty bastards, introducing southern sectarianism into the Highlands. Religion was barely an issue in the Highlands before they did the government's bidding and brought it North. Divide and rule. Nothing but the same old bloody story.

Edited by gruffydd

HOLA4422
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Superb.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Have just read the wiki link and find it very very worrying. Don't they usually call them after gods or something? Like poseidon. Not a good sign. Wonder if your average bobby or riot police member know the significance of the name? Hope not....

HOLA4425
Have just read the wiki link and find it very very worrying. Don't they usually call them after gods or something? Like poseidon. Not a good sign. Wonder if your average bobby or riot police member know the significance of the name? Hope not....

You can bet Brown does.... I bet he's licking his chops in anticipation.