House Price Crash Forum

The Nazi Show Trial

Guest UK Debt Slave

HOLA441
Guest mattsta1964

It reeks like a dead rat in the sewer frankly

The heads of the banking industry are wheeled out in front of the media and make some pathetic display of contrition

How Stalin and Hitler would have chuckled

Crosby, Hornby, Fred the Shred et all are humiliated in public, problem solved, it was all the fault of those bad, nasty, greedy bankers. It's just like a Nazi or a Stalinist show trial.

It all smells pretty rank frankly

Broon and Merv the Swerve are trying to deflect attention away from the government's laissez faire legislative system and the central banks insane low interest rate policy that caused the mess in the first place.

Are the private bankers guilty of recklessness, greed and stupidity on an epic scale?

ABSOLUTELY

But the real architects of the destruction are being let off the hook and conveniently ignored by the media, especially the Bank of England.

It's fekkn appalling

Broon should swing for what he has done, so should Bliar, and so should the heads of the BoE, MPC, FSA and the UK Treasury and we must ABSOLUTELY make sure they don't get away with making the bankers the main scapegoat for what has happened.

Next step (naturally) will be nationalization of the entire private banking system, absolute control over the issuance of all bank credit. Even Ian Fleming couldn't have dreamt up such a scam.

It's absolutely fekkn disgraceful and people need to get off their idle backsides and protest in the streets.

Edited by mattsta1964

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Unsurprisingly considering my previous viewpoint I agree with you entirely.

It has been plain as a pikestaff that these entities which are laughably called banks have been encouraged to behave in the way they have been, their risk taking and their methods have been known about for YEARS. There have even been prim time programmes on TV about it - except the broadcasters seemed to get bored with revelation type programmes - or did they?

Whatever, this was encouraged from the top and the mess this country is in now is without doubt largely one of their own intentional making.

HOLA446
we must ABSOLUTELY make sure they don't get away with making the bankers the main scapegoat for what has happened.

The problem is that the Bankers are putting their own heads on the block by constantly bleating on about their bonus's- everytime some chinless wonder insists that's it's his human right to trouser a large lump of taxpayer cash, the red mist decends and people start fantasising about guillotines- if the bankers keep this up Gorden will emerge as hero of the nation, defending us against the evil city boys and their fathomless greed.

If the bloody bankers had been a fraction as clever as they are paid to be, they would have apologised often and early, handed back a few token amounts and quitely continued to loot the public purse umolested- but being both dumb and arrogant they just carried on business as usual, presenting the highest profile possible for the media and the Government.

HOLA447
Guest mattsta1964
The problem is that the Bankers are putting their own heads on the block by constantly bleating on about their bonus's- everytime some chinless wonder insists that's it's his human right to trouser a large lump of taxpayer cash, the red mist decends and people start fantasising about guillotines- if the bankers keep this up Gorden will emerge as hero of the nation, defending us against the evil city boys and their fathomless greed.

If the bloody bankers had been a fraction as clever as they are paid to be, they would have apologised often and early, handed back a few token amounts and quitely continued to loot the public purse umolested- but being both dumb and arrogant they just carried on business as usual, presenting the highest profile possible for the media and the Government.

Probably part of the charade.

Why should the bankers care if they are humiliated in public for a couple hours. They are set up for life for their part in the scam and I'm pretty sure these fekkers are all in bed together.

These scumfekks are asset stripping the entire nation. They should all hang.

It's like that movie 'The Sting'

It's all just a huge deception.

HOLA448
HOLA449
Trash Gordon was up before the committee last week but they didn't probe him hard.

I'd love to probe Gordon with an unlubricated baseball bat.

I feel ill. But it doesn't make it worng. As long as it is done in a way we don't get to see it! Extraordinary rendition anyone?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
im not sure about this.

this time its the middle class that are in the grinder.

they are not known for riots.

The real middle class emigrated many years ago already, what we have here is the Nu middle class, who are actually the best of the old working class. They don't have any friends in high places, and would probably give a ****** for the right cause..

HOLA4413
The real middle class emigrated many years ago already, what we have here is the Nu middle class, who are actually the best of the old working class. They don't have any friends in high places, and would probably give a ****** for the right cause..

ill subscribe to this new point of view.

agreed.

this begs the question, what will a nu lab middle class riot look like.

will they surround parliament with caravans ?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
They will pelt it with costume drama DVDs free from The Mail on Sunday.

:lol: they can form roman style human armored turtles from their spend credit cards as they advance towards the riot police.

they wont be able to light fires since none of them will smoke. but to repel rubber bullets they will create makeshift chobham and reactive caravan armor from empty clarks shoe boxes. i suspect a ram made from an ornamental B&Q chrome garden feature to be used to break open the doors of parliament...

HOLA4416

Watched a bit of this on TV the other day , couldn't quite get my head around the double speak of 'we're so sorry, but we are brilliant and so worth our x amount bonus and if we don't get it we'll feck off to planet zarg and do magic banking with the zargians and you'll be sorry, so there! :P '

Arrogant idiots.

HOLA4417
:lol: they can form roman style human armored turtles from their spend credit cards as they advance towards the riot police.

they wont be able to light fires since none of them will smoke. but to repel rubber bullets they will create makeshift chobham and reactive caravan armor from empty clarks shoe boxes. i suspect a ram made from an ornamental B&Q chrome garden feature to be used to break open the doors of parliament...

When defeated they will flee in exile to their second homes in France and Spain stopping at the hypermarket to stock up on tax-free red wine.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I was little slow getting away at a roundabout today and somebody behind me went mental with their horn. I looked in the mirror expecting to see white van man, but instead saw a well dressed middle class lady practicly foaming at the mouth. I did the obvious thing and made her wait a little while before moving on, and she spent the next ten minutes trying to cut me up to make a point.

What surprised me is that this woman had no idea who I was- i could have been a total nutter for all she knew- but my car was bit downmarket and it was in her way, and that was enough to trigger a serious hissy fit.

I think the idea that the middle classes will not freak out maybe underestimates the authentic rage of those whose sense of entitlement is habitual, and untill recently, self fullfilling. Some of the rudest and most agressive people i have ever encountered have been a certain 'type' that genuinely belive the world is their oyster and anyone who gets in the way is shite on a boot.

Edited by wonderpup

HOLA4420
When defeated they will flee in exile to their second homes in France and Spain stopping at the hypermarket to stock up on tax-free red wine.

On arrival they'll discover the homes have been repossessed, they'll then quietly skulk back again and the whole sorry episode will never be spoken of again (except when they've had too much to drink at Christmas).

HOLA4421
I was little slow getting away at a roundabout today and somebody behind me went mental with their horn. I looked in the mirror expecting to see white van man, but instead saw a well dressed middle class lady practicly foaming at the mouth. I did the obvious thing and made her wait a little while before moving on, and she spent the next ten minutes trying to cut me up to make a point.

What surprised me is that this woman had no idea who I was- i could have been a total nutter for all she knew- but my car was bit downmarket and it was in her way, and that was enough to trigger a serious hissy fit.

I think the idea that the middle classes will not freak out maybe underestimates the authentic rage of those whose sense of entitlement is habitual, and untill recently, self fullfilling. Some of the rudest and most agressive people i have ever encountered have been a certain 'type' that genuinely belive the world is their oyster and anyone who gets in the way is shite on a boot.

you should have got out and stabbed her repeatedly in the face.

HOLA4422

Yes I think you are right on the mark there, I too have anecodal evidence of the middle classes out of there comfort zone and it's not pretty. I think when the great unwashed riot it's more viceral, what we will get when the thinking bods get p'd off is a bit of an unknown.

HOLA4423

Best thing to do when someone honks from behind is to stop the car get out and go and ask them, in an unswervingly polite fashion, if they were trying to get your attention. Say you thought you had a brake light out and they were trying to tell you. When they say you were slowing them down then embark on a profuse and lengthy apology about how you had no idea.

Edit to add: When you've finally finished the exchange don't forget to stall your car at least twice before pulling away. If they honk again repeat the process from the beginning.

Edited by Soon Not a Chain Retailer

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Best thing to do when someone honks from behind is to stop the car get out and go and ask them, in an unswervingly polite fashion, if they were trying to get your attention. Say you thought you had a brake light out and they were trying to tell you. When they say you were slowing them down then embark on a profuse and lengthy apology about how you had no idea.

Edit to add: When you've finally finished the exchange don't forget to stall your car at least twice before pulling away. If they honk again repeat the process from the beginning.

thats quite good actually.