House Price Crash Forum

For Physical.. Gold Bugs That Are Interested

Yoss

HOLA441

For those paranoid nut jobs like myself.

Royal mints 2009 sov's £170 a pop, including postage/packaging etc

http://www.royalmint.com/store/BritishGold/UKB09RN.aspx

Goldline deciaml sov's £182.75 a pop

http://www.goldline.co.uk/bullionCoinsPage.page

Sure It might piss off a few heavily VI'd rampers (Of which there is clearly a few), but right now if you want Sov's royal mint is the place to get your order in at.

Not just trinkets me thinks...they make the dam things, and right now they are under priced compared to (The VI's that inhabit this site) "Dealers" and they accept credit cards (if you want to leverage).

Edited by Yoss

HOLA442
HOLA443

Bairds are clearly getting suckers to buy from them or they wouldn't do it. http://www.coininvestdirect.com are still cheaper than the mint.

You can still pick up the occasional bargain on ebay even though it is scanned often I sometimes manage to get one that nobody else seems to want to bid on, rarely though. Once advantage is that obeyer's regard gold as gold and so you can pick up an old sov with numismatic value for the bullion price of a new one. I managed to pick a krug today for £550 for example, I shall relist it for £750, theres one born every minute, so someone will buy it. Be wary though, the place is full of scammers and fake coins.

HOLA444
Bairds are clearly getting suckers to buy from them or they wouldn't do it. http://www.coininvestdirect.com are still cheaper than the mint.

You can still pick up the occasional bargain on ebay even though it is scanned often I sometimes manage to get one that nobody else seems to want to bid on, rarely though. Once advantage is that obeyer's regard gold as gold and so you can pick up an old sov with numismatic value for the bullion price of a new one. I managed to pick a krug today for £550 for example, I shall relist it for £750, theres one born every minute, so someone will buy it. Be wary though, the place is full of scammers and fake coins.

Aye, but I wasn't referring to Numismatic's..... for bullion holders it seems that Bairds website is set off spot price and given today's big move, the royal mint is actually cheaper (because their price isn't updated anyway near quick enough). Hence price differential title.

If someone where looking to invest in a few 2009 Sov's this weekend and thinks the price might keep rising. Then the royal mint (although they may not honour it) is the best bet as at Friday 21:00)

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
at 651.5/oz that's £153.36 plus about 20p for the silver bit..

a quick seach of ebay completed listings shows a few bargains were had.

Plus the bit for making those materials into a coin and marketing, admin etc.

Its like saying a house is only worth its materials but not the labour to build it.

HOLA448
HOLA449
Plus the bit for making those materials into a coin and marketing, admin etc.

Its like saying a house is only worth its materials but not the labour to build it.

But if the world's economies colapse (as some predict / fear) will there be any premium value to a sov above the scrap value?

HOLA4410

Just out of interest, the royal mint have since adjusted their price (as at today) to buy a 2009 sov from them now cost £190

That a £20 jump since release(just over a week ago) , impressive on all counts and well over spot.

(Oh and 50% of the cost of most builds is the land to build it on) The bricks/motar and labour cost is approximately half that (and thus falling) along with the land price.

Edited by Yoss

HOLA4411
But if the world's economies colapse (as some predict / fear) will there be any premium value to a sov above the scrap value?

The British gold bullion Sovereign was widely used in the British Empire for several hundred years, thus Sovereigns are well known throughout the world. US and RAF fighter pilots have British gold Sovereigns in their emergency survival packs. A bullion coin is much easier to verify than scrap gold or a bullion bar, as the weight and dimension of coins are more commonly known. Also for us in the U.K. the Sovereign and Britannia are advantageous as they are except from capital gains tax (CGT).

Edited by Take Me Back To London!

HOLA4412

given the huge number of fake pound coins circulating..... Wouldn't it be nice to have a coin verifier you could just plug into your iPhone?

That has software that can tell you the real world worth of a coin without the grief, invent one and you'd prolly be very very wealthy.

HOLA4413
given the huge number of fake pound coins circulating..... Wouldn't it be nice to have a coin verifier you could just plug into your iPhone?

That has software that can tell you the real world worth of a coin without the grief, invent one and you'd prolly be very very wealthy.

Chards, who are a Jewelery and bullion dealer in Blackpool have a considerable amount of information on their website. The link below is to their page about counterfeit sovereigns and how to tell the difference between the genuine article and a forgery.

http://www.goldsovereigns.co.uk/fakes.html