House Price Crash Forum

More From Exp Forum

Guest consa

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

They all seem to naively miss the point

Their asking prices are too high

Not to mention the fact that if they are expats, its highly likely thay bought a least a few years ago

These are the sort of people that can take a big price reduction and still walk away with a decent profit

Won't do much for their neighbours house values!!

HOLA444
It is the uncertainty that annoys us, with timewasters etc.

We need to validate by May 10th, my boss is pressuring me into giving him a date, and we need to get flights booked, and the shippers need a month so it is depressing at the moment, and it is all down to the house situation.

Yes change agents......say it's the wrong time of year to buy (has been since July apparently)......dismiss the viewers as timewasters............DO and SAY anything.... but never lower the price.

These people are beyond me and I have no sympathy for them.

I sold up last year.....reduced my price and accepted a lower offer for a committed no chain buyer.....did what was necessary to secure the deal to get on with what I wanted to do.

Some vendors just seem to forget there are two people in a deal, they maintain a hard line when they are the purchaser but when they are the vendor it's beyond their comprehension to make concession.....It's natural for everyone in life to want to WIN.....these people always want WIN-LOSE they always end up with LOSE-LOSE = Unsold house + emigrating dream shattered.

HOLA445
HOLA446
Yes change agents......say it's the wrong time of year to buy (has been since July apparently)......dismiss the viewers as timewasters............DO and SAY anything.... but never lower the price.

In fairness to these people, if they are living abroad, they get most of their info via the VI propaganda machine

This might explain the fact why ALL of them seem to complain about the same thing yet it occurs to NONE of them, things may not be 100% in the UK housing market

ignorance is bliss!

HOLA447
HOLA448

HOLA449

What is interesting is that if you add up all the comments, it gives you a constant impression a BEAR market out there

HPC forum is BEARISH by nature, so we could be accused of being a bit bias

But these expats are having trouble selling their houses and for several months by the looks of it

HOLA4410

yes, but they're not housing market geeks like us, are they?.......they're just normal Joes who outnumber us a hundred to one.......hence to quote the ''great ''BBB (aka KOTC) ..it's what they and their like think that will dictate the market NOT what analytical people like us think........

BTW where's ZZG today?.......Is it saturdays he goes and sees his mum?

HOLA4411
They all seem to naively miss the point

Their asking prices are too high

But how can it be too high - she's got it on the market for 85k less than 'similar' properties! Anyone who says it's overvalued is just plain 'rude', as she said.

Those were the bits that just cracked me up. :D

No mention of what she actually paid for it, or how much it had shot up in the - probably - short time she'd owned it. No mention of any extensive work/cash she'd ploughed into it to really increase it's value... Just the same old denial. My house is worth XXX because I think it is; it's just those stupid buyers who don't understand.

Oh, and the poster at the end takling about the prices being 'right' because an EA - and they are the 'experts on these things' - said so. Absolutely classic. :D

Nomadd

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Yesterday, 4:30 pm #28

blossom

------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medici

Without wishing to put a damper on people's expectations, nearly ALL the posts in this thread appear to be in serious denial of something rather fundamental. There are comments about changing agents, hurrying them along, or disbelief that your homes are somehow not selling, or that the market is "very slow".

I'm afraid the reality is that if your house is not selling that is because it is too expensive, but no one appears to be able to take this stark fact on board. It appears that you have all become attached to the fantasy that your properties will magically keep on inflating ad infinitum.

Just look at the current conditions: A surplus of properties for sale, Buy To Let speculators flooding the market, the highest personal debt on record, House Inflation now way out of sync with earnings, dubious economic indicators for the future.

And yet people in this thread still think they are going to achieve a sale probably based on an asking price which is in fantasy land.

The solution: LOWER YOUR PRICES.

Medici

Sorry Medici, but I at no time have quoted what my property is on the market for, but between you and I (and everyone else watching this thread) we have listed our house £85,000 less than a comparable property, that is not only smaller than ours but not as presentable either. So don't qualify your comments by telling us our house prices are inflated (what an ignorant and rude comment) - we are in the unfortunate position of not being in the first or second time around house buyers market. We will look to reduce the price further if we feel it necessary and at this stage if we reduce further it could put buyers off because they may think there is something wrong with the house, when indeed there is not.

Blossom

Right! Who was it :lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417