House Price Crash Forum

Father 'killed His Two Children Before Hanging Himself'

Its time to buy

HOLA441

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/304...ng-himself.html

It is thought the father, who was in his 30s, smothered the children, said to be aged one and three, before hanging himself.

He had custody of the children over the weekend, and telephoned his estranged wife threatening to kill the two of them, according to Sky News.

The children's mother is then thought to have alerted the police, with emergency services discovering the three bodies at a garage where the man used to work, in Paynes Road, Southampton.

He had been staying alone in a caravan nearby after separating from his wife.

This kind of behaviour is getting rather infectious.

HOLA442

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...p;#entry1296356

Post 21

We've had 3 husbands top themselves in the space of 2 months in the news.

No one can understand the despair and hopelessness of having no way out. Night after night lying awake thinking of a solution. Not eating properly, pre-occupied with beating off the bills, while interest builds ON INTEREST.

HPC female visitors.members - ask yourself this, Is your husband/partner bottling it up? Do something about it before its too late!

Being argumentative, irritable, changes in behaviour, furtive, secretative, changes in mood lately, etc? All warning signs.

Admitting and sharing the problem is the first step - getting help is the next!

HOLA443
http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...p;#entry1296356

HPC female visitors.members - ask yourself this, Is your husband/partner bottling it up? Do something about it before its too late!

Being argumentative, irritable, changes in behaviour, furtive, secretative, changes in mood lately, etc? All warning signs.

Admitting and sharing the problem is the first step - getting help is the next! [/i]

Yeah - that and send the kids to stay with your Mum for a while. :o

HOLA444

Not sure why this is moved? This kind of deterioation of hope for the future is all related to this housing bubble. You can't have a crash nice and clean and sterile. Its not a school science experiment in a controlled environment. There are many people on this website who may be undergoing hardship or have relatives who maybe undergoing financial strain. They must be made aware and suicide is not the answer. Otherwise, the corrupt bankers and politicians have won.

HOLA445
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Not sure why this is moved? This kind of deterioation of hope for the future is all related to this housing bubble. You can't have a crash nice and clean and sterile. Its not a school science experiment in a controlled environment. There are many people on this website who may be undergoing hardship or have relatives who maybe undergoing financial strain. They must be made aware and suicide is not the answer. Otherwise, the corrupt bankers and politicians have won.

Quite right.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Not sure why this is moved?

This particular story has nothing to do with house prices?

Read the report in the link, not a mention of house prices.

This sort of thing willl probably hapen more and more I agree, but without the house price angle, it was always going to get moved.

HOLA4410

I saw this earlier when it was on the main forum board and found it disquieting that an awful tragedy is posted up for comment on instantly.

It may well be that economic issues were a factor but we have no way of directly knowing that, let alone were house prices involved at this stage. This homicide/suicide - like the recent mansion (likely) homicide /suicide in itself shouldn't be used to argue an economic case as we don't know the full details of the perpetrators involved. It's right to be 'off-topic' but not completely off on house price website.

What may be relevant is the issues that were partly touched on by the 'Price of Property' program tonight that everyone was encouraged or felt obliged to pile into property / wealth. Owning a council houses that you lived in may have been a achievement for those who were settled but if you never had one, then it was accepted that you should expect to have one - along with all the other luxuries - i.e. debt. What it didn;t report on was the effect of high prices has had to enforce the impression that they could never own a home.

I work as a psychiatrist and I see so many young (younger than me - age 37) with thousands of pounds of debt - some own, some don't - but they clearly haven't expected to manage it, let alone for it to become unmanageable. I fear we haven't seen anything yet - even though I'd like to have my own home one day as well!

What worries me for doing my job is that the level of debt (and the equivalent unreal sense of expectation) by people who at best can earn minimum wage is that will interfere with the process of even starting the personal development that all people have to achieve into adulthood / maturity. The gulf I fear has become so great (and without a culture of peers who the disenfranchised can relate to) that suicide will be an increasing option of choice.

While repossessions are traumatic, suicide is devastating and from a personal point of view, I'm increasingly fearful that I will have patients who go on to kill themselves. The effects of patient death / suicides on the people who work in mental health services has a profound effect and bring with it an immediate sense of failure / doubt over whether more could have been done. It then distorts the whole service as one serious incident overshadows how everyone approaches their daily work.

It's a brave new world and I wish I was wrong but I don't think its going to be pretty.

HOLA4411

Archived