French Property

HOLA441

http://immobilier.nouvelobs.com/

Section Blogs Immobilier

"La verite des prix"

The truth about property prices

27/11

A French journalist blog and he is asking some serious questions today

Just when notarys in Paris are about to explain why the property crisis is nearly finished and prices are starting to go up again due to the so called "snail effect"

Out of nowhere Dubai has cracked due to property

He compares property news to weather news

Seasonal prices

The spring-time effect

He goes on to talking about "polluted prices"

Auction prices

Divorced prices

Repeated prices

Delayed prices

Fatal prices

Promised prices

Pre-contract prices

I am a journalist could what is my property really worth ?

Yesterday today and tomorrow ?

I can answer this the price that a buyer is prepared to pay for his property nothing more or less

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442

http://immobilier-revelateur-de-la-nature-humaine.over-blog.com/

La triste vie d' un agent immobilier

The sad life of an estate agent

Ninon Ingrad 26/11

"Excuses bidons et transactions immobilier

Daft excuses and property transactions

She gives a list of silly and not true excuses when her clients no longer want to visit or sign the final papers and she never sees them again

Just a few

I cannot visit the property tommorrow because i have to talk to my husband my wife my horse about it

I did not go to your rendez vous yesterday because a tree fell on my car two days ago

I can no longer buy because my wife is having an affair with another man

I can no longer buy because we are now getting divorced

I can no longer buy because i have decided to buy a new car instead of a house

I can't sign tommorrow because my car was stolen last night

I can't sign tommorrow because my wife has had a baby (even though she wasn't pregnant)

I can no longer sign because i have heard that they are going to build an airport a railway station next to our future property

I like reading her blog and its more interesting than hearing property owners talk which i often hear things like

They pretend to moan about high prices which is what they want

Its not that prices are going down! they don't want know about that

Have you seen the prices in the EAs windows so they look in EAs windows to see the daft prices

Its not that nothing is selling :lol:

HOLA443

http://www.lejpb.com

Le journal du Pays Basque

Euskal Herriko Kaazeta

Section opinion 1/12/2009

Briser la loi du marche pour assuer le droit au logement a tous

Break the law of the housing market and assure the right for everyone to have a home

By Anita Lopepe / member of Batasuna (considered as the political voice of ETA )

A statement against the Fnaim an EAs lobby

"We do not have the same values or the same points of view"

"Baiona will be only 3 hours from Paris if the new high speed train line is built and the property boom that vested interests want will be in our terms very dangerous for them and holiday home owners in this "joli petit coin de France"

For Batasona

No EAs

No High speed trains

Yes Respect Basques

Yes Autonomy /Independance

HOLA444

http://asdevilm.free.fr/

ASDEVILM

Association Nationale des victimes de l'immobilier

The national association of property victim's

Its an association that is trying to re-group victims of BTLs BTR Derobiens, Borloo's holiday lettings etc

First set up in 2007

Theres lots of news about this massive con

There aim is to defend victims against the banks,notarys ,EAs,financial advisors etc

They even offer "mental health-care help"

I do not know if my link will work

The postal address is

M Claude Michel

127 impasse du Petit Thuve

Le Thor

HOLA445
HOLA446

http://www.letelegramme.com/

Bretagne

Section Morbihan the 2/12

Immobilier "Des Anglais Floues en Bretagne"

Property The British conned in Brittany

A huge property con has been discovered in Brittany

A false french EA ripped -off 65 English familys between 2002 and 2004

He wasn't alone the ex-president of regional Brittany notarys and the ex-president of credit -agricole bank are also involved in this massive fraud

15 British familys have lost a total of 110000euros but police believe that there are a total of 65 British family's having lost a total of 500000 euros

The false EA was caught in Lyon running a restaurant in 2007

He made the future buyers pay 10% of the price ,the notary also cashed in with false papers and the banker with false insurance

The court case is not over

The gang of three

EA

Notary

Banker

The VI's

HOLA447

Redwine, Agentimmo,

Any up-to-date info on the market for properties near the ski areas in theFrench Alps, eg Depts 73 & 74? Prices traditionally very high by French standards but perhaps there are some distressed sellers looking for an exit.

Heading South

Can you be more precise "la Savoie" and "la haut Savoie" are big areas and there are lots of ski stations there

What does "near ski station" mean?

France has the highest number of ski-stations on the planet !

HOLA448

http://www.immoprix.com/

The Notarys figures

An easy to use site that gives you the real sales and prices but only for flats its the French Notarys website

All you do is to type your postcode or town and the real sales will be shown

The orange stars mean that there wasn't enough transactions to give a real price figure or less than 15 sales in the last 12 months

It also gives you a sales history

An example Annecy 1/9/2008 to 31/8/2009 down to -7.6%

2004 to 2005 + 19.8%

2005 to 2006 + 17;2%

2006 to 2007 + 6.9%

2006 to 2008 + 1.0%

2008 to 2009 - 7.6%

HOLA449

http://asdevilm.free.fr/

ASDEVILM

Association Nationale des victimes de l'immobilier

The national association of property victim's

Hi Redwine,

I am the webmaster of Asdevilm website. The link is still activre, and more than ever. I am sorry but I haven't found enough time to install an english version. I am a volunteer working more than full time in addittion to my involvement in our defense and accociation.

However, as a matter of fact, I am fluent in english (in American english more exactly). While our association as the ambition to cover a broader field we're presently concentrating on the so-called "Apollonia Affair", larger than the french part of Madoff scandal. We are indeed speaking of at least 1 billion euros and more than 1000 victims. We are wondering whether they are somewhere some english-only speaking victims of this real estate agency based in Aix-en-Provence but operating France wide and abroad. Perhaps we can contact some of them through your website?

Best regards

Asdevilm

HOLA4410

Hi Redwine,

I am the webmaster of Asdevilm website. The link is still activre, and more than ever. I am sorry but I haven't found enough time to install an english version. I am a volunteer working more than full time in addittion to my involvement in our defense and accociation.

However, as a matter of fact, I am fluent in english (in American english more exactly). While our association as the ambition to cover a broader field we're presently concentrating on the so-called "Apollonia Affair", larger than the french part of Madoff scandal. We are indeed speaking of at least 1 billion euros and more than 1000 victims. We are wondering whether they are somewhere some english-only speaking victims of this real estate agency based in Aix-en-Provence but operating France wide and abroad. Perhaps we can contact some of them through your website?

Best regards

Asdevilm

Hi Asdevilm

Thanks for posting and welcome to French Property

I liked your website and its good to see that your association is going to try to attack the french banks "Apollonia" is what i understand to be is" naxistis"

The famous third bank a mixture of Banque populaire and Caisse d'eparngne

I often wondered what made people invest in the Borloos and Derobien's etc

The answer is "pressure" from your "financial-adviser" and the French media and the consultant's etc

The French gov't also have a big role to play with there property laws

La loi Sceillier-Carrez

La loi Demessine -ZRR Residences de tourisme

To try to answer your question about foreign investors i read about Irish investors who had bought "chalets sur la plage" in Charente -Maritime under the Loi -Demessine or in the Gironde i can't be sure

They never recieved any rent and the developer a "Sarl" just declared themselves bankcrupt = no risk

I think that they lost alot of money but i regret to have not posted the link just didn't think about it at the time

I hope that you are can attack the banks and the salesmen in the courts i know that it is going to be difficult but this is a national scandle

I watched last Tuesday nights TF1 "Enquete sur les arnaques immobilier"

Thanks for taking the time and effort to write in English your English is very good

Please try to update your information

Bon Courage et bonne chance

HOLA4411

Hi Asdevilm

Thanks for posting and welcome to French Property

I liked your website and its good to see that your association is going to try to attack the french banks "Apollonia" is what i understand to be is" naxistis"

The famous third bank a mixture of Banque populaire and Caisse d'eparngne

Hi,

Nope Apollonia was a real estate company not a bank. I said "was" because it went bankrupt this Fall and can't make anymore victims. That was a first result of ou actions. However, don't worry we are also suing some major banks on court as well as the Notarie's.

Keep in touch

Asdevilm

HOLA4412

Hi,

Nope Apollonia was a real estate company not a bank. I said "was" because it went bankrupt this Fall and can't make anymore victims. That was a first result of ou actions. However, don't worry we are also suing some major banks on court as well as the Notarie's.

Keep in touch

Asdevilm

Asdevilm

Thanks for correcting me i was mixing up Apollina Nexity with your case ( a bank that i hate buts another story)

The last news dates back to Febuary 09

I thought that "Jean Badache " and his son and three others were in prison in Marseille ?

They let his wife out so that she could go back to her sports cars and there Swiss chalet

Where has all the money gone ?

Sureley if its in a Swiss bank and there is a court case in France and you win you should be able to get it back?

How did they contact so many people?

I can imagine it being by telephone with the usual "How much do you pay the taxman? do you want a reduction?"

There are two points of view in this case

Either everybody was very silly and signed papers without checking also without dates and the so called guaranteed packages that they were selling were completly false but nobody bothered to check it out ?

Also the pro's the notarys and the bankers financial advisers etc they too didn't see anything (after all its there job)

These people must be using another business name if its international but i don't know which one it is ?

HOLA4413

Asdevilm

I have been checking out various "archives" etc

This is amazing the amount of money that people lost is beyond me i can't believe that this actually happened

I would also like to point out the total silence of the media here in France

I have never heard of LMP's under the law Robien

It seems that Badache payed a 3.5 million Euro caution to get out of prison and the "trial" will be in two years time

I also noticed that the French bank Credit Mutuel seemed to be a key player in this affair

I can imagine the "destresse et souci" of the victims

I doubt that the British investors were involved in this fraud this seems to be a Franco/Francais affaire

At least on a positive note you are fighting-back which is a start lets see what French Justice has to say but its going to take a few years

HOLA4414

http://immobilier-revelateur-de-la-nature-humaine.over-blog.com/

The sad life of an estate agent

by Ninon Ingrad

Her latest blog

Que veut noyer son agence l'accuse de la rage!

Ninon recieves an E-mail

"With only one visit in the last 18 months .We are asking you just what are you doing to try to sell our property ?

"We are extremely upset by your lack of professionalisme "

She writes back

I have only had your property in my agency for the last six months

Your asking price is to high for todays property market

It's a waste of time for me to try to sell your property if you don't put your price down

The property market will continue to decline due to high unemployment in France and prices will continue to fall in 2010

Ninon says it all :)

HOLA4415

Taxe Foncieres 2010

The goverment has passed a law this week which in effect ends the Taxe Professionale

This creates problems for French Depts and the communes as they are going to lose revenue so who is going to make up for the lost money ? the answer is not very clear

They are already talking about increases of the taxe fonciere and the taxe habitation for 2010

http://www.unpi.org/

The above link gives you a history of increases in fonciere taxes for all of France including local communes

Click onto "Observatoire des taxes foncierces TFPB evolution of taxes foncieres 2003/2008

They seem to have gone up by an average of 20 to 30%

There is also a Communique de Presse

Paris 29/10/2009

"Due to the suppression of the Tax Pro the UNPI alert the gov't and are asking them to consider the risks of a new and brutal rise of taxe foncieres for private property owners"

It made no diffence they still passed the law

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I posted this on a new thread, but thought to add this question here, as I thought this a more likely area that somebody would know. Also, its an interesting issue.

I was wondering whether anyone here saw Holiday homes from Hell tonight, telling the story of the British couple who bought in good faith a 250,000 Euros chateau to renovate, spent 2 years and a further 250.000 renovating it and then evicted forceably 'like criminals' after 7 years of a court battle.

If so, this worrys me, since I thought that the buyers in France were heavily protected. But if this case is to be believed, the case centered around the fact that the vender had accepted an offer from another party, to whom the actual buyers were never aware of, and then came back after the 2nd party had bought the property and fought them in court only with the fact that the old vender had agreed to sell to them. Also, in the program the people who actually paid for this property were to give the propety to the original interested party, and they lost everything! - Surely this can't be right? - This would mean that anyone buying a house in France, can have it taken from them, if somebody else can prove they had already agreed to buying it. How if this is the case, can anyone protect themselves from any potential purchase?

Does anyone on here know... Or have Holiday Homes From Hell got this completely wrong?

HOLA4418

I posted this on a new thread, but thought to add this question here, as I thought this a more likely area that somebody would know. Also, its an interesting issue.

I was wondering whether anyone here saw Holiday homes from Hell tonight, telling the story of the British couple who bought in good faith a 250,000 Euros chateau to renovate, spent 2 years and a further 250.000 renovating it and then evicted forceably 'like criminals' after 7 years of a court battle.

If so, this worrys me, since I thought that the buyers in France were heavily protected.

Thanks for posting i did not see "Holiday homes from hell" although i wish that i had but i don't have English tv

As for the English getting ripped-off see my post dated 3/12/09

This happens all the time in France not only to the British but the French as well actually anybody (money is money)

There is an average of 10 to 15 property articles published everyday here in France multiply that by weeks, months etc

It will give you an idea of how much "news" there is not forgetting "blogs" and forums etc

Therefore it is very difficult to follow everything thats going on over here in France

Going back to your original question

Where abouts in France did this happen?

When did it happen ?

Maybe the French press picked it up but i need to know more so that i can check it up

BTW a buyer in France is about as heavily protected as a chicken thats about to get its neck chopped off by a butchers axe

HOLA4419

http://www.bretons-mag.com/

Bretons Eco No2 January 2010 hors serie

Brittany Economey special (paper back edition )

Immobilier :Attention a la chute

Property ;Attention its falling

Brittany property prices will fall by -30% in 2010

I checked out "dead property" in the depts 29 and 22 there seems to be hundreds if not more i gave up counting

According to Se.Loger there is 12665 houses and flats for sale in the dept 29

5245 for sale in the dept 22

I then just picked out any old house and tracked it (just for the interest on sale for 333 days or 11 months Price down by -23%)

This will continue next year what is missing is the buyers they have gone AWOL

I have also found a new "tracker for PAP.fr but i want to make sure that it works before i post a link

The tide is turning take your time and don't buy property in France in poor areas like Brittany and Normandy in 12 months time you will be able to buy there for 10 thousand pounds

These are places with over 17% unemployment the French that live there are as poor as p*ss

HOLA4420

http://immobiler.nouvelobs.com/

Blog immobilier

The 17/12/2009

Immobilier 2010 .la baisse encore

Property 2010 Prices are continueing to fall

By Dominique Thiebault a French journalist

"According to the pro's property prices will continue to fall in 2010 and 2011"

"Price falls mean more price falls just like price rises mean more price rises "

He even quotes "Friggit" talking about a -30% to -40% fall in French property prices a sort of auto-correction of the French property market

He also talks about high unemployment etc

What he does not talk about in his blog is the fact that he copied an article from another french website property=danger.com

2010 looks like being a good a good year for future buyers not so for sellers

HOLA4421

Taxe d'habitation sur les logements vide

Council tax on empty properties

There exists a tax on empty properties in France

There are two rules which seem to apply

The property has to be unfurnished and empty for 5 years then you pay the tax

Another rule is that the property that is furnished and has been lying empty for 2 years have to pay the tax

This tax only applies to 8 French cities but the law was changed in 2007 so that any commun can apply this tax

http://blogs.lexpress.fr/barbier/

Logements vide a Dijon

Empty property in Dijon

The mayor of Dijon has decided to apply the TLV and has sent out his inspectors to look for empty houses ,flats etc and then contact the owners so that they have to pay council tax

One owner had over 500 empty properties in Dijon he lived off his profits due to selling them at high prices to FTBs and now he is upset that he has to pay "council tax"

This law is up to your local council to decide if they want to use it a sort of voluntary law

HOLA4422

I just found out this weekend that in France, if someone sells their house within 5 years of having it built, they are liable to pay 19.6% TVA on the land and construction costs. This sounds like it is designed to discourage "flipping" by amateur developers by making it more difficult to turn in a profit from such activities. I realise that there are reduced notaire fees on new-builds, but it does seem quite harsh on those who genuinely need to sell unexpectedly within 5 years. A house we viewed a couple of days ago is in this situation due to bad health of the owner (apparently), but he seems to have included this tax in the asking price which makes it completely unreasonable compared to what it should be!

HOLA4423

Just for information, I thought I'd share this info on my recent activities in searching for a house in northern Bouche du Rhone (13) - generally quite high-priced touristy area, but where we have decided to settle for the longterm and wanting to move out of rented accomodation. About 25 viewings to date either through agencies or private sellers, some sold quite quickly, many for sale more than the 6 months we have been actively looking, and some even dropping prices by 20 to 50k Euros over the course of a year (bit not the ones we would want to buy anyway). 3 offers submitted at between 12 and 27% off asking price based on our evaluation of value and our budget, 2 rejected even though the sellers say they are keen to move and are still advertising a few months on, and we are currently awaiting the response for the third offer. This is someone who needs to move for their work, so might be under a bit more time pressure - we'll see, and wait until the right house comes at the right price.

It is not surprising that agents are suffering from low commission income when their clients cannot be convinced to lower prices to sensible amounts! Agents here though are as arrogantly optimistic in public as ever, claiming a huge rebound in sales since August, but I know for a fact that local tax take from house sales is down 60% here. Again, we'll see how things develop.

HOLA4424

Probably just worth giving some real info from here in Languedoc.

I live in a village - say 25km to Nimes, Montpellier, Cevennes mountains and Med beaches. Also 10 minutes to A9 Spain-Paris-Italy autoroute, 30 mins to 3 airports with low cost flights to UK and about 25 minutes to a TGV station with a sub 3hr service to Paris.

So, some holiday interest, but mainly French local and commuter residents. The majority of none local newcomers over the last 5 years have been Parisian future retirees attracted by the TGV links and with the 35 hr week the ability to be in a local restaurant by Friday pm.

By coincidence, 4 houses near me have been offered for sale this year ( either a new airport being built or I should change my aftershave ?).

3 have been sold, and the 4th was only put on the market in December. 2 had reduced prices, and one was offered at a low price for quick sale and needing much "refraichement and renovation".

Interestingly, the buyers have all been French ! Foreigners do not have a very big impact on the market here.

Peter

HOLA4425

It is not surprising that agents are suffering from low commission income when their clients cannot be convinced to lower prices to sensible amounts! Agents here though are as arrogantly optimistic in public as ever, claiming a huge rebound in sales since August, but I know for a fact that local tax take from house sales is down 60% here. Again, we'll see how things develop.

immobilier-revelateur-de-la-nature-humaine.over-blog.com/

Talking about EAs Ninon ingrids last blog (20/12)

Tant que le cheque n'est pas encaisse,la vente reste incertaine

She talks about how much she makes off a sale of property

A sale of 200000 euros she takes 6% or 12000 euros before tax and makes 10000 euros

You also have to add on notarys fees of 7%

Her last blog compares how much a French EA makes compared to other jobs

I just looked at Dept 13 on Se Loger today

There are 29735 flats and houses for sale not counting PAP or Boncoin websites

The last time i checked out "dead property" on "little stones" i gave up counting literally hundreds if not thousands