House Price Crash Forum

French Property

HOLA441

Montpellier ,achat,prix Le reajustement des prix se poursuit

Montpellier buyers ,prices The price correction continues

Front page

http://www.partenaire-europeen.fr/

Frances 8th city seems to be a good place to invest in small studio flats to then rent out to students at least it seems to be a sector that isn't suffering too much from the crisis

Property over 250K isn't moving

Prices down by -10% to -15%

Buyers won't hesitate to negociate just up to -30% off the initial price (quote) :D

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
I read yesterday that there are 40000 brits in Brittany most sold at a high price there UK property and bought low inland not on the coast where prices are higher

I can believe it. Central Brittany is full of Brits. Its quite beautiful and peaceful. Much like southern England, maybe a little warmer. But there are no people just endless miles of countryside. Work is the main problem, but that is not a problem for those that don't have to. One attraction is the easy access to the UK via the ferries and the airports serving cheap flights. The biggest attraction however is the price. I bought a modern, well maintained 4 bed detached sitting in its own 12,000 M^2 field for £85,000. So now I can have the dream house and all the land I can use for less cost than the price of a crime centre flat. Sure the Cote d'azure is way overpriced and deserves massive falls, but Brittany is dirt cheap. So cheap in fact that I find few areas even of Eastern Europe this cheap. Recognizing value is the key skill in making money. I could not care if prices did drop, any price drops will still be less that the £1000 a month I was paying to rent in London and I get a idyllic environment.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Immobilier: les vendeurs en difficulte

Property difficult times for vendors

Haute-Savoie a small place called "Gruffy" an old house that a french couple want to sell due to there future divorce

"Quote"

We bought our property in 2006 and paid 300000 euros says Sylian

House 120m2 with 800m2 of land

We put it up for sale last march with an asking price of 325000 euros but we have only had two visits in the last six months :(

The future ex-couple are selling there property with six different EA's who give them good advice :lol:

They are not prepared to put there price down at least not for the time-being

http://www.le-buzz-immobilier.com/2009/10/immobilier-les-vendeurs-en-difficulte-0024445

IMO they will be lucky to get a 150K in two years time The property has been described as a "thermal wreck" in a lost hole

HOLA445

I can believe it. Central Brittany is full of Brits. Its quite beautiful and peaceful. Much like southern England, maybe a little warmer. But there are no people just endless miles of countryside. Work is the main problem, but that is not a problem for those that don't have to. One attraction is the easy access to the UK via the ferries and the airports serving cheap flights. The biggest attraction however is the price. I bought a modern, well maintained 4 bed detached sitting in its own 12,000 M^2 field for £85,000. So now I can have the dream house and all the land I can use for less cost than the price of a crime centre flat. Sure the Cote d'azure is way overpriced and deserves massive falls, but Brittany is dirt cheap. So cheap in fact that I find few areas even of Eastern Europe this cheap. Recognizing value is the key skill in making money. I could not care if prices did drop, any price drops will still be less that the £1000 a month I was paying to rent in London and I get a idyllic environment.

where in Brittany are you talking about?

I agree generally with what you say, if you can work remotely Brittany is a great place, just wish it had some mountains.

HOLA446

Today the 04/10/2009

http://www.infosimmo.com/

Figures out for Paris and its surronding departements

Ile de France

Falling property transactions = falling prices sales down by -25% for the second half of 2009

Prices will continue to fall by -9% to -12% by the end of this year

Val-d'Oise

The newly built houses "market melting" -40% in volume

Yvelines

The housing market has lost more than -30% in transactions

Seine-et- Marne

The new falls more than -25% in volume

Val de Marne

Sales down by -28%

HOLA447

Au Revoir to all that After five years in France ,a family tell why they are glad to be back in Britain

http://www.dailymail.co.uk./femail/article-1217037/

Daily mail the 29/09 section femail

I do not want to get involved with the Brits in France and there Gites and education and class problems etc

The French locals did not ask anybody to come and live in there villages and towns etc

What i find in the Daily Mail article very interesting is the section

Homeward Bound

"Its the 5th of september and the house ,still unsold has been rented out for the next three years " :lol:

IMHO house not sold = no buyers ?or asking prices to high ?

Where is there house in France ? in some dead end departement like the Allier or the Dordogne ?

The article does not say ?

Lots of "stereotypes and alot of un answered French property questions !

HOLA448

... After five years in France ,a family tell why they are glad to be back in Britain

"We missed the Daily Mail and its cheery racist view of the world where old maids cycle to church on a Sunday morning and there is the thwack of leather on willow as the West Meston Polish Builders CC beat the Upper Dicker Gentleman's 11 by 2 wickets. Most of all we missed a decent cup of tea...."

HOLA449

I don't know about the rest of you but I find stories like that very heartening..... exactly the kind of Brits I left the UK to avoid, so happy they've gone back, France will be a better place without you.

Maybe time to stop importing the Daily Mail into France, that might persuade a few more to go back without their regular Littlejohn fix.

Added....I've just read some of the comments at the end of the article...it gets even better. there's loads of them going back to the UK and loads more that were considering France but on the basis of the article and the comments have changed their mind......couldn't wish for anything more.

Edited by Smog

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I posted this link yesterday but i could not be bothered to read all the hatred of the French way of life and of other british Ex-Pats who are trying there best to live here in France

The jones family even divided the British into two seperated groups totally mad people are people anywhere you go in the world

When i hear comments like

No modern shops

No modern cinemas

Menu's full of duck ?

School teachers are always on strike!

School toilets are nothing more than hole in floor ?

I have children and she is talking sh*t

This family lived in the Tarn and i believe that they are trying to sell there "UNSOLD HOUSE" for 345k when you can buy locally for less than 100k

Buy low sell high but the buyers have gone

They can't sell thats why the Jones family are full of hell

I never meet or even talk to a British ex-pat where i live and if they are all like the Jones family to be honest i prefer my French friends

HOLA4412

Midi-Pyrennes Dept 09 Ariege 0710/2009

http://www.ariegenews.com/index.html/

Buyers want even bigger price falls and vendors dont want to reduce there prices

Big price diffrences due to the location

La Haute Ariege average price 136000 euros

Basse Ariege average price 130100 euros

Lavenlant average price 78200 euros

They also talk about the British who live there

Quote:

"The British have lost up to 50% of there income due to the fall of the pound

They are trying to sell or re-sell between themselves most are retired people or people buying second-homes

They are a population apart living amongst themselves"

HOLA4413

Quote:

"The British <snip> a population apart living amongst themselves"

Ahh that explains why they took pity one me. Just stopped off tonight at the supermarket at one of those "get your windscreen fixed NOW" tents run by Carglass. Really nice chap fixed a small chip for me then refused any payment.

Top people. Carglass.

HOLA4414

Ahh that explains why they took pity one me. Just stopped off tonight at the supermarket at one of those "get your windscreen fixed NOW" tents run by Carglass. Really nice chap fixed a small chip for me then refused any payment.

Top people. Carglass.

Carglass repairs carglass replaces and in your case for free

There is no <snip> as you state from me i am only quoting what the Ariege news say in there article just read it its at the bottom they talk about the sociology of the Britsh in France

Nothing to do with the British

Haut-Garonne Saint-Gaundens

Immobilier:les prix baisse

Property :Prices are down

After ten years of continual price rises the volume of sales fall in 2008 (quote)

Haut-Garonne prices are falling volumes are down by 45% but stable :blink:

Saint -Gaudens average price 139900 euros

Luchon average price 167900

Boulogne average price 148100 euros

http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/687614/.html

HOLA4415

Just having a good week with French tradespeople (our local garage came up trumps and fixed the car in an afternoon).

We lived in Italy for a while and I used to slag them off something wicked and moan that in the UK "things just got done". Sadly when we went back for a while (2008) to sort out my dad's affairs I had clearly suffered false memory syndrome.

Prefer it here now.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Dijon

"In one year prices have fallen by -10% to-15% and in the suburbs -20% (quote)

Houses estimated at 200K are now negociating at a 150k to 180K

It takes up to six months to find a buyer

"Zoom sur une ville sa region :Dijon

Zoom on a town and its area Dijon

http://www.capital/immobilier/

Those prices will be coming down to the 100K level. That will be 50% off the 2007 price. That's the sort of falls I was predicting 2 yrs ago. Given the mess we're in, you might be able to push to -60% around the end of 2010, start of 2011.

HOLA4419

Those prices will be coming down to the 100K level. That will be 50% off the 2007 price. That's the sort of falls I was predicting 2 yrs ago. Given the mess we're in, you might be able to push to -60% around the end of 2010, start of 2011.

Can you elaborate on........." Given the mess we're in" ?

HOLA4420

I have just read an article about Reims they give an example of a French couple trying to sell i will translate a few points anybody who wants to read it in french can read the link published today

Immobilier: les ventes on basse de 30%

Property sales down by 30%

In one year sales have fell by 30%

Prices are down by 6% to 10%

As soon as you leave Reims its a disaster anything more than 10kms from Reims is very difficult to sell

Chantal and Jean-Michel have put there property up for sale last may and have only had two visits one made an offer for 140000euros but we refused as we are asking for a 190000 euros a joke

Buying property is still a good investment

http://www.lunion.presse.fr/index.php/cms/6/commune/51454/Reims

HOLA4421

Haute-Savoie a small place called "Gruffy" an old house that a french couple want to sell due to there future divorce

We bought our property in 2006 and paid 300000 euros says Sylian

House 120m2 with 800m2 of land

We put it up for sale last march with an asking price of 325000 euros but we have only had two visits in the last six months :(

Go past the junction on the autoroute quite a lot, it is kind of in the middle of nowhere between Chambery and Annecy. Forgot the milk? that's a 20 minute drive to the superette. There is no public transport. Even if you work in Switzerland it is still a good drive of close to an hour to the center of Geneva (if you are lucky enough to have a parking spot).

I don't think you can get even 2004 prices at the moment in the Rhone Alpes. They should have tried at 250K if they paid 300K. The problem is with taxes and Notaires fees that might leave them 80K out of pocket. The alternative is to rent it out but you probably wouldn't cover the mortgage.

HOLA4422

Go past the junction on the autoroute quite a lot, it is kind of in the middle of nowhere between Chambery and Annecy. Forgot the milk? that's a 20 minute drive to the superette. There is no public transport. Even if you work in Switzerland it is still a good drive of close to an hour to the center of Geneva (if you are lucky enough to have a parking spot).

I don't think you can get even 2004 prices at the moment in the Rhone Alpes. They should have tried at 250K if they paid 300K. The problem is with taxes and Notaires fees that might leave them 80K out of pocket. The alternative is to rent it out but you probably wouldn't cover the mortgage.

Hi davidg

I just looked up where Gruffy is you would have to take the A41 get off a junction 15 and take the D5 to get there its far too far go to Geneva to work everyday

I like to go to Annecy because i like there Decathlon there and a meal at Flunch while the missus and the kids visit the shops but not to visit Gruffy

Looking at there prices

325000 euros

300700 pounds

2131860 old french francs

This couple now getting divorced were stupid to have paid the the 300000 euros in the first place its because of idiots like them that there was a housing bubble and now they can't sell and who is going to rent in a middle of nowhere place like Gruffy ?

HOLA4423

Why are British expats in France more patriotic than the French by Wendy

Well worth reading and in english it gives you a good idea of the Brits in France welcome than you can expect but it dates back to the 30/09/2009

I will try to post the link but i am not sure if it will work

http://www.culturedviews.com/...british-expats-in-france.../

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Not a bad article coming from Isabelle Rey-lefebure she was property ramping not so long-ago but nothing compared to the Figaro

Good to have an update on the "credit-relais" or bridge-loans the banks are now getting impatient couples that have bought a new house without having sold there old house are now having to sell two houses at the sametime= no home at all

I agree with what Laurent Quignon from BNP Paribas has to say that prices will continue to fall in 2010 and 2011

The readers comments are interesting as well one wrote " For the buyers it is urgent to wait and i am waiting"