House Price Crash Forum

Frugal Living Tips In The Media Increasing

HOLA441

This sort of thing appears to be on the increase.

Just watching Sundays bbc breakfast news now, they have an article on boot sales coming up shortly. Also a mention of longer hemlines in hard times.

C4 has started a cheap living fashion program with that annoying Glok bloke recently who did 'How to Look Good Naked'.

In 2005 /6 there was an increase in these programs with 'Skint' & 'Beat the Baliff' on the bbc, when things started looking dodgy.

Perhaps it's worth keeping count, and examine if they use such programming to infer a balance to their shameless property ramping. Hpc forum has such a large record of the medias' ramping years for comparison.

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

HOLA442
Guest happy?
This sort of thing appears to be on the increase.

Just watching Sundays bbc breakfast news now, they have an article on boot sales coming up shortly. Also a mention of longer hemlines in hard times.

C4 has started a cheap living fashion program with that annoying Glok bloke recently who did 'How to Look Good Naked'.

In 2005 /6 there was an increase in these programs with 'Skint' & 'Beat the Baliff' on the bbc, when things started looking dodgy.

Perhaps it's worth keeping count, and examine if they use such programming to infer a balance to their shameless property ramping. Hpc forum has such a large record of the medias' ramping years for comparison.

A better idea may be pitching for the Autumn schedules yourself. My tip:

"Not Under The Hammer", "Don't Escape to the Country", "No Location, Location Location" etc.

Edited by happy?

HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest KingCharles1st

Yes- I think we are going to see lots of "hard times" rubbish from the BBC now.

Personally I would like to see a new program along the lines of the Japanese "Endurance" series, called "Boot Brown in the ********." basically, Contestants get to ask Alastair Darling lots of really tough questions on the economy, and unfortunately for him, he is wired to a lie detector. Gordon Brown is seated naked centre stage, legs akimbo and held firm in a stocks like contraption. When Badger gets a question wrong, or is obviously LYING, then this absolutely HUGE wooden boot swings down from the ceiling of the studio and delivers a lovely thunderclap straight into Gordy's nether regions while Badger trembles in fear while looking on in disbelief..

HOLA445
A better idea may be pitching for the Autumn schedules yourself. My tip:

"Not Under The Hammer", "Don't Escape to the Country", "No Location, Location Location" etc.

Don't get me started ;)

boot sale bit is on now on bbc

They had a guy from Fool.co.uk giving advice on selling at boot sales, which was quite thorough, but nothing new. Bad bit of scheduling imo, as they could have put it on during the week or a saturday, so folks could be motivated to do a booty on the Sunday :rolleyes:

Personally I would like to see a new program along the lines of the Japanese "Endurance" series, called "Boot Brown in the ********." basically, Contestants get to ask Alastair Darling lots of really tough questions on the economy, and unfortunately for him, he is wired to a lie detector. Gordon Brown is seated naked centre stage, legs akimbo and held firm in a stocks like contraption. When Badger gets a question wrong, or is obviously LYING, then this absolutely HUGE wooden boot swings down from the ceiling of the studio and delivers a lovely thunderclap straight into Gordy's nether regions while Badger trembles in fear while looking on in disbelief..

:D

Perhaps a return of the infamous Word tv programs ' The hopefuls, I'll do anything to get on tv' but with debt relief incentives.

Having watched the excellent film 'Requiem for a Dream' the other night, and seeing what heroin addicts will do for a fix, perhaps this will have parallels with debt junkies desperation, ripe for tv programmers exploits. Did Japanese tv exploitation get more extreme as their economic depression went on ?

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

HOLA446

And you thought this up, early on a Sunday morning ? :blink:

Just what kind of person would think up such a thing ?

It`s genius ! :lol:

HOLA447

I saw that. What can you say, the sheeple are now fully aware that they have been lied to by Brown, cheated out of their savings by the city and screwed by the local councils for services they didn't need.

HOLA448
In 2005 /6 there was an increase in these programs with 'Skint' & 'Beat the Baliff' on the bbc,

beat the bailiff. what a show. a show that subtly didnt show how little rights the bailiffs actually have, so showed one after another of 'its a fair cop' type characters. answering the door to a bailiff. letting the bailiff in and answering all questions before making a settlement plan under duress.

if you are in debt and a bailiff comes knocking you have no legal requirement to:

a. let them in

b. talk to them.

c. pay them anything.

they need to get a court order and a police offer to enter by force.

even then, as long as you dont admit the goods are yours (my brothers tv, uncles settee) they cant take anything,

again - more think tv. to top it off, the majority of collections were for crazy fines, parking and clamps.

the golden rule is. dont answer your door. get a view hole or camera.

no one os going to knock on your door and give you £500.

when a stranger calls - its always bad news. avoid it.

HOLA449
HOLA4410