House Price Crash Forum

No Money About? Fans Head For Moscow

HOLA441

If mortgage payments and levels of personal debt are so high, why is the news full of talk of 40,000 fans heading to Moscow for the big Euro final? Fans estimate individual cost at £1500 -£3000. If they all go that's 80m quid!

Where does all this cash come from?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
If mortgage payments and levels of personal debt are so high, why is the news full of talk of 40,000 fans heading to Moscow for the big Euro final? Fans estimate individual cost at £1500 -£3000. If they all go that's 80m quid!

I am a Chelsea Supporter and looks like I have the opportunity to get to Moscow, I was at the bridge last night and what with all the good news yesterday you can imagine I have a fixed grin on my chops at the moment.

Chelsea are running trips for as low as £800, fly in and fly out, no thrills.

Getting to a Champions league final is extremely rare and people will borrow, steal and beg to experience something as big as this. I STR last august and have plenty of spare cash, even if I did not I would find the money. I am sensible with money normally but this is the ultimate exerience for me.

You can pay as much as £3000 to travel but mostly this is typical of the press to over hype.

Anyway in my area, the price of houses are falling at £96.00 per day, 21 days to the final = £2016.00... So in my own sad justifying calculations, it`s covered and I will allow myself this one personal luxury.

Come on you Blues :P

HOLA445

I've always thought footy fans were nuts, with no sense of priorities:

2 grand from the average families budget, especially in the current financial climate....Jeez..... I dont know what to say! But I know if I was on the average salary and I talked about spending so much on a bit of total self indulgence, I'd be looking at some serious marital disharmony.

HOLA446

I've always thought footy fans were nuts, with no sense of priorities:

2 grand from the average families budget, especially in the current financial climate....Jeez..... I dont know what to say! But I know if I was on the average salary and I talked about spending so much on a bit of total self indulgence, I'd be looking at some serious marital disharmony.

HOLA447

http://chelsea2.chelseafc.com/m/37214.shtml

Am I the only one who cannot afford to go????

and

http://chelsea2.chelseafc.com/yourchelsea/frame_chat.htm

in general.

I think that you'll find that quite a few will be struggling. There's also a few threads where people discuss their wive's (or is that wives') views on the matter, especially when the family are fore-going a holiday this year,

Peter.

HOLA448

A very large portion of fans in Moscow are travelling as part of corporate sponsorship, Sony are running several planes for clients and staff alike, Many other main sponsors will do the same.

The people that pay the really silly money have more money than sense and will fork out hundreds or even thousands on moody tickets from touts, The CL Final has always had problems with forged tickets.

HOLA449

IMHO one of the biggest shocks folk will face is the drying up of their credit. You also have to remember that anyone who bought a house pre 2005 has (in theory) made more money than they could imagine saving in a lifetime, in short they have felt wealthy and successful beyond their means and aspirations and have had (en masse) no fears of debt. All that considered fans have always found the cash to go to major finals abroad, you could ask the same questions re Liverpool in the 70's - 80's when approx. 70,000 used to travel to Rome when the Merseyside area/economy was on its knees, all relative etc...

HOLA4410
A very large portion of fans in Moscow are travelling as part of corporate sponsorship, Sony are running several planes for clients and staff alike, Many other main sponsors will do the same.

The people that pay the really silly money have more money than sense and will fork out hundreds or even thousands on moody tickets from touts, The CL Final has always had problems with forged tickets.

apparently 50,000 forged tickets went on sale on E-Bay from Liverpool fans this morning :ph34r: Anyhow you may like this link, the bus that never rolled....oh how we laughed, we won it six times :lol: Fukcin Beauts and Whoppers to a man....

Edited by Converted Lurker

HOLA4411

From what you are saying you are assuming the entire country of say 50million has high debt and is struggling. Put things into perspective would ya.

It is not like the whole country is going. I am sure many on this site could afford to go if they wanted too.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
apparently 50,000 forged tickets went on sale on E-Bay from Liverpool fans this morning :ph34r: Anyhow you may like this link, the bus that never rolled....oh how we laughed, we won it six times :lol: Fukcin Beauts and Whoppers to a man....

Just love the security guard asking if he was an Evertonian :lol: Too right, let me just film the back again :lol:

We Won it 6 times :lol::lol:

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Sell the wifes jewellery , mortgage the dog , take out a second or third charge while the equity is there just go ., if its that once in a lifetime experience that comes from your heart .

If I had been at the world cup final in 1966 I wouldnt be sitting here today umming and rrring about how much it had cost ...I would be remembering that I WAS THERE

My Euro final is this weekend against Carlisle as the great escape is still on in sunny sunny Bournemouth .

( PS if anyones got two shillings and sixpence and fancies a football club please contact the administrators , who currently have their snouts in the trough .)

HOLA4416
Sell the wifes jewellery , mortgage the dog , take out a second or third charge while the equity is there just go ., if its that once in a lifetime experience that comes from your heart .

yeah dont worry about it. spend it.

after all. were all paying for it.

Edited by right_freds_dead

HOLA4417
you could almost GUARANTEE that these flights and costs the fans havent saved for, or used savings held.

this is the classic spending pattern of the 'nubritan'.....

Nah, it's not.

Have you never seen footage of the Liverpool heyday? 10s of thousands of scousers all over Europe in a time when flying was expensive and the average scouse footy fan was firmly working class.

They travel by hook or crook because it's their club and they love it.

HOLA4418
If I had been at the world cup final in 1966 I wouldnt be sitting here today umming and rrring about how much it had cost ...I would be remembering that I WAS THERE

Absolutely correct, Good luck for the weekend ;)

HOLA4419
Nah, it's not.

Have you never seen footage of the Liverpool heyday? 10s of thousands of scousers all over Europe in a time when flying was expensive and the average scouse footy fan was firmly working class.

They all seem to come back considerably richer :lol:

Bit like a busmans holiday

HOLA4420
Nah, it's not.

wasnt it when those fans were crushed in italy ?

yeah. i saw that.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
RFD, You miserable git :(

Your world appears to be a very sad one

well reality bites hard.

im not going to sit here and pretend that huge mobs of drunken fans dont cause deaths.

or that im supposed to admire a group of grown men that wishes to spend their saturdays talking crap over a small ball and how it was kicked around a field.

ok if your into it, but im not. when i see football crowds of fans i tend to see mindless drunks chanting on a platform to anyone thats passing.

its a throwback from times when societies were more knitted but today it represents only collective hate from little meaning colour definitions. racism in a can.

its gets far too much media coverage. too much money and is as important as winning the 'cup' only to begin all over again the next year to see who this times wins the 'cup' this time....???

its the most sulking sport in the world.

its about as interesting as a greyed out, washed up alan hanson wheeling an empty shopping trolley around morrisons telling me how he (a multi millionaire) has to shop frugally.

or ian wright and alistar whatnot all sat around a greasy spoon cafe pretending to be working class builders in order to entice people to gamble all "cor blimey guv etc".

HOLA4424
Guest Bart of Darkness
Chelsea are running trips for as low as £800, fly in and fly out, no thrills.

Predictions of a 0.0 draw them?

HOLA4425
well reality bites hard.

im not going to sit here and pretend that huge mobs of drunken fans dont cause deaths.

or that im supposed to admire a group of grown men that wishes to spend their saturdays talking crap over a small ball and how it was kicked around a field.

ok if your into it, but im not. when i see football crowds of fans i tend to see mindless drunks chanting on a platform to anyone thats passing.

its a throwback from times when societies were more knitted but today it represents only collective hate from little meaning colour definitions. racism in a can.

its gets far too much media coverage. too much money and is as important as winning the 'cup' only to begin all over again the next year to see who this times wins the 'cup' this time....???

its the most sulking sport in the world.

its about as interesting as a greyed out, washed up alan hanson wheeling an empty shopping trolley around morrisons telling me how he (a multi millionaire) has to shop frugally.

or ian wright and alistar whatnot all sat around a greasy spoon cafe pretending to be working class builders in order to entice people to gamble all "cor blimey guv etc".

Oh, come on, was you always last to be picked for the football team in school? What is your problem?

There are many sports and activties that I do not like but never feel the need to attack them or the people that follow them.