House Price Crash Forum

Tory Boy Osborne To "keep Interest Rates Low"

R K

HOLA441

From today's Times.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/c...icle2373661.ece

"This summer we have seen again just how interconnected our world economy has become, as mortgage defaults in America have sent shock waves through financial markets in London. It is a reminder of just how important economic stability is. That is why the Conservative priority is to put stability first and keep interest rates low. But stability by itself is not enough – after all, graveyards are pretty stable places"

Oh dear. So if the Tories win their Chancellor believes stability and keeping interest rates low are the same thing. I wonder if Mervyn would agree with that?

Does this mean Osborne is just thick, or that he would no longer leave it up to the BoE to determine rates?

HOLA442

Neither. He knows that if he announced a policy to the effect of letting IRs go as high as is needed to get inflation under control and sod the millions of middle Englanders who are mortgaged up the rectum, he would stand as much chance of winning an election as Bruno would of becoming The Sun's next agony aunt.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
From today's Times.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/c...icle2373661.ece

"This summer we have seen again just how interconnected our world economy has become, as mortgage defaults in America have sent shock waves through financial markets in London. It is a reminder of just how important economic stability is. That is why the Conservative priority is to put stability first and keep interest rates low. But stability by itself is not enough – after all, graveyards are pretty stable places"

Oh dear. So if the Tories win their Chancellor believes stability and keeping interest rates low are the same thing. I wonder if Mervyn would agree with that?

Does this mean Osborne is just thick, or that he would no longer leave it up to the BoE to determine rates?

apparently Interest Rates are considered off topic as they have nothing to do with house prices.

:blink::blink::blink:

HOLA446

Both Brown and Osborne have recently stated their desire to keep interest rates low, which is of course crazy as low interest rates for too long have caused all our economic problems but anyway, I am sure I read that there are in fact many more savers than borrowers so is this not a little short sighted if they are trying to win votes - why does no one ever point this out to them ? I dont think the nations savers will be dancing in the street at the news that both parties are determined to save the necks of the reckless and speculators at the cost of the prudent.

HOLA447

Its just sound-byting thats all. A bit like when Georgy-porgy Osborne waffles about not cutting taxes to ensure economic stability....

FFS!!! what the fck does this mean? Tax cuts hurting the economy?!? UHHH!? WTF?!? FFS?!!? I'd really like to know how not cutting taxes is maintaining our economic stability. The world has been turned upside down and the loonies have taken over the asylum! Up is down, left is right and 5h!t is gold!

High taxes = good for the economy

Cut Taxes = threatens economic stabilty

:blink:

WFT?!

The tories think we are farking stoopid. Thats the problem. They deserve to get s good kicking at the next election. They think its all spin over substance. I'm not voting for any of the big three. Hopefully if enough of vote indie/single issue then the big three might get some kind of a message.

Archived