House Price Crash Forum

The Times: ‘- America Is Facing Housing Crisis And Uk Could Be Next’

HOLA441

‘America is facing housing crisis and UK could be next’

"One of the main speakers at today’s annual central bankers’ symposium in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, will tell his audience that there may be an American housing crisis to match any in history – and that Britain and Canada are likely to follow suit."

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle2358098.ece

Will they somehow "fix" things so that "prices" don't go down?

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Typical American arrogance means they still think when they catch a cold everyone else gets flu but the world can get along quite nicely on it's own these days as other countries are contributing very strongly to the global economy.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Apparently the HPC is by design and featured on the Bilderberg minutes. I'll find the link.

Oh well I thought so. Only a few months ago, we were being led to believe that the house price boom was by design to make us all debt slaves and work harder.

Now thats gone t*ts up the crash is by design. I wish these clever rich Bildebergers would make up their minds! :blink:

Me thinks the Bildebergers couldn't organise a proverbial p*ssup!

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Don't know, ask at the next Bildeberg meeting. (if they know what day of the week it is)

:lol:

Heh heh :) I'll make sure I do.

While I'm there shall I ask who faked the moon landings, orchestrated 9/11, why the Fed Reserve is run by the KKK and just who are the Lizards in charge of the PPT? Then finally we'll know the answers and this board can go back to talking about houses... and gold of course!

HOLA4411

Robert Shiller (the economist who is presenting this message) should be required reading for everyone on this site. He's an extremely distinguished Yale economist who came to the public's attention when he correctly predicted the dot.com crash.

He's now focusing on housing and he laboriously contructed a house price analysis that goes back to the 19th century, the main conclusion is that relative to inflation housing adheres to a long run trend that's flat as a pancake. In other words, across multiple generations and countless economic booms and busts, and despite countless claims from property VI's that it's different this time, it never is. Housing always eventually returns to the base line.

HOLA4412
Heh heh :) I'll make sure I do.

While I'm there shall I ask who faked the moon landings, orchestrated 9/11,

You should know of course that 9/11 was faked to bring on a war. Of course its widely acknowledged that war has been a total shambles with no forward planning at all, but apparently that was part of the design too! Clever! You'd almost think there was no "design" at all.

Anyway after our bit of frivolity, I agree, we should get back to discussing house prices and gold and leave the intelligentsia to thinking they are important and actually make any difference at all.

HOLA4413
Robert Shiller (the economist who is presenting this message) should be required reading for everyone on this site. He's an extremely distinguished Yale economist who came to the public's attention when he correctly predicted the dot.com crash.

He's now focusing on housing and he laboriously contructed a house price analysis that goes back to the 19th century, the main conclusion is that relative to inflation housing adheres to a long run trend that's flat as a pancake. In other words, across multiple generations and countless economic booms and busts, and despite countless claims from property VI's that it's different this time, it never is. Housing always eventually returns to the base line.

Reversion to mean. It's the new-style.

HOLA4414
You should know of course that 9/11 was faked to bring on a war. Of course its widely acknowledged that war has been a total shambles with no forward planning at all, but apparently that was part of the design too! Clever! You'd almost think there was no "design" at all.

Anyway after our bit of frivolity, I agree, we should get back to discussing house prices and gold and leave the intelligentsia to thinking they are important and actually make any difference at all.

Funnily (well, not really funny but...) enough, I'm inclined to the point of view that 9/11 wasn't so much faked as the door was left open for the attacks... reading the PNAC stuff does make you think that all they needed was a 21st century Pearl Harbour and their War on (of) Terror was off and running! I wholeheartedly agree, the resulting war was/is a disgrace. Blair and Bush should be in chains.

Edited by sossij

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA4415

#Yes -- good book -- all should read it...

HOLA4416

i THINK THERE COULD BE SOME SUBSTANCE TO THE FACT THAT THE PEOPLE THAT BE WANTED THIS TO HAPPEN.

I HATE TO HARK ON ABOUT PEAK OIL AND PEAK GAS ON A HOUSE PRICE CRASH FORUM, BUT WHAT A GOOD WAY TO MITIGATE THE PEAK OF LIQUID FUELS THAN TO CAUSE A PAINFUL RECCESION, THAT COULD POSSIBLY STRECH THE PEAK OUT ANOTHER 10 YEARS?

AND IT DOES SEEM LIKE PEAK OIL IS AN EXCEPTED FACT AMONGST THE INTELIGENCIA?

HOLA4417

On the contrary,if western consumer spending carried on as it was...then the world is pretty fooked.

we now have 2 BILLION chinese and indians wanting the things we have taken for granted.

us westerners now have to figure out how to do a lot more with a lot less.Quickly.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
On the contrary,if western consumer spending carried on as it was...then the world is pretty fooked.

we now have 2 BILLION chinese and indians wanting the things we have taken for granted.

us westerners now have to figure out how to do a lot more with a lot less.Quickly.

2 Billion chinese and indians consumer junkies, created indirectly by the cheap credit dealer sharks. More parasites created by capitalist expansion on resources the planet does not have to spare.

The eco-minds nightmare cliche.