House Price Crash Forum

Morocco...prices Plumet.

picnic

HOLA441

What a load of old ********!

You obviously have never stepped foot in Morocco yet you feel able to spout such crap.

Morocco is a very different place to Tunisia, with a very progressive and focused economy.

The majority of the population are also very much behind the King and the current policies.

I know where I'd rather live!

Hmm

Not quite the case my friend i have been to morocco a couple of times and TBH the facts are with my opinion.

Morocco Has (its a fact not an opinion) more poverty and less educated population than Tunisia though no doubt the rich are possibly richer.

This was the main motivation in the economic reforms though even with these it was not the most competitive economy in africa (Tunisia was though scores where before the revolution).

Moroccos economy may well have been more "open" but in my dealings there the culture of backhanders was much worse and banks where an absolute nightmare. I would visit the towns there and say my goodness Moroccans are better at tourism/investment than Tunisians......but then you would see the ultra poverty and Moroccans would complain about the cost of healthcare/food etc.

So in essence better golf, villas, hotels, history, medinas in Morocco.....but really crap to be poor/sick there

Tunisia is up in the air now and we will see what happens after the elections.

As for you comments about the King of Morocco.

North Africans value security and will often put that above freedoms/liberty please dont confuse that with loyalty, also dont forget all the property owners and elite who cannot bite the hand that feeds.

Did you not see the massive protests in Morocco? Did you not see the King make concessions/the referendum?

For Moroccans they dont want another Syria/libya so as long as the King keeps changing things he will probably stay in charge but its a saga that will go on and on, thats not the environment which is conducive to £300K+ villas.

Edited by Fromage Frais

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

I would rather give money towards Tony blairs personal property portfolio than invest in property in a Muslim country ...Your going to loose everything , but at least Blair will send you a Christmas card !

HOLA443

Hmm

Not quite the case my friend i have been to morocco a couple of times and TBH the facts are with my opinion.

Morocco Has (its a fact not an opinion) more poverty and less educated population than Tunisia though no doubt the rich are possibly richer.

This was the main motivation in the economic reforms though even with these it was not the most competitive economy in africa (Tunisia was though scores where before the revolution).

Moroccos economy may well have been more "open" but in my dealings there the culture of backhanders was much worse and banks where an absolute nightmare. I would visit the towns there and say my goodness Moroccans are better at tourism/investment than Tunisians......but then you would see the ultra poverty and Moroccans would complain about the cost of healthcare/food etc.

, medinas in Morocco.....but really crap to be poor/sick there

Good post and i agree with alot of what you said afterall i have also been to "Al Mamlakatu'l-Maghribiya" or the Kingdom of Morocco

Dieu,la patrie,le roi or God ,the fatherland,the king

I can go there any time a month in October for 300 euros if i want to

I took an Easyjet from Lyon to Marrakech its like arriving in a sauna in August!

Total chaos its not europe !

I rented a flat in a coastal town called "Essaouira" a nice place lots of French

Lots of Police ,friendly but poor locals

The souk a cover for drug traffic

No health-care as you say so take some cheap aspirins to sell

Everyday its the same meal Couscous and tea with far to much sugar!

The water is cold no gulf stream

Do not buy anything there its not Europe!

Inch'Allah if the gods want and that says it all

I have never been Tunisia so its impossible to compare