House Price Crash Forum

Drop Of Asking Price For A House I Viewed

welcome to the mad house

HOLA441

Hello,

Just thought I would add this one in. I went and viewed a ex-council house bout 3 weeks ago in a village called Holbury. Which is about 15 miles south of Southampton. Anyway it was orginaly on for £160950 this place was quite nice but needed things doing it e.g. no gas/central heating. So I went on holiday and thought nothing of it. When I came back from hol I went and offered £146000 let's say the EA was trying not to laugh at me. He also told me that she even turned down a offer of £155000. At that point I was trying not to laugh cause I knew it wasnt even worth that much.

Well yesterday I looked at said EA website and couldn't find this property on there, but it was still on rightmove. Well today I looked on rightmove and the price has been lowered on this said house by 6 grand. The asking price is now £154950. Below is the link and just wanted to get your views on it!!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-159...=7&tr_t=buy

HOLA442
Hello,

Just thought I would add this one in. I went and viewed a ex-council house bout 3 weeks ago in a village called Holbury. Which is about 15 miles south of Southampton. Anyway it was orginaly on for £160950 this place was quite nice but needed things doing it e.g. no gas/central heating. So I went on holiday and thought nothing of it. When I came back from hol I went and offered £146000 let's say the EA was trying not to laugh at me. He also told me that she even turned down a offer of £155000. At that point I was trying not to laugh cause I knew it wasnt even worth that much.

Well yesterday I looked at said EA website and couldn't find this property on there, but it was still on rightmove. Well today I looked on rightmove and the price has been lowered on this said house by 6 grand. The asking price is now £154950. Below is the link and just wanted to get your views on it!!

check it out on http://www.houseprices.co.uk/

- houses like this are pretty much fixed price as comparison is so easy - might get it few grand less than market value if youve got cash

HOLA443
HOLA444
check it out on http://www.houseprices.co.uk/

- houses like this are pretty much fixed price as comparison is so easy - might get it few grand less than market value if youve got cash

I wished I had the cash. I did take a look and I remember my friend who is Ea sold one there late last year and it was in perfect condition and it went for £153000

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
I wished I had the cash. I did take a look and I remember my friend who is Ea sold one there late last year and it was in perfect condition and it went for £153000

to make a gaff like that perfect would cost no more than 10k so with hpi to date its seems fair value - just leave it a couple of months to see how this credit crunch palys out with mortgage tightening - no tightening then go for it if you like it - put in a cheeky low offer for now and let them sit on it (sub 145k), - they may need to shift it - (repo/divorce) - at least this way the EA will probably come back to you if they do get a good offer in the mean time.

(I am a die hpcer but cannot find a compelling issue not to buy at the momment unless mortgage lending becomes restrictive - awaiting evidence of this - inflation seems to have been fudged so cannot see IR hike anytime soon).

HOLA448

Yeah I know the outside isn't great. Needs work doing to the porch and the conservatory. Also again it has no gas/central heating.

The EA did phone me last week to say did I want to put a offer in at £150000 and he would put my case forward but by this time we knew the property wasn't for us. Also we thought the EA was going to play a game with us and we wasn't prepared to play along.

This was one of the first properties we viewed and got a little bit over excited about it.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Thanks for the advice. It does make laugh though that some people honestly think they can get the orginal asking price and also EA saying yeah she can.

One thing I have to say bout this said EA they have been opened since February and are overpriceing everything. From what I have heard is that they then have to reduce the asking price cause the property is not selling. Am I allowed to name and shame said EA??

HOLA4412
Guest happy?
Yeah I know the outside isn't great. Needs work doing to the porch and the conservatory. Also again it has no gas/central heating....

It's possible that there's no gas supply in the area and none of the nearby properties have a supply - though that close to Fawley you shouldn't have too many problems getting petrol in a crisis!

HOLA4413
Thanks for the advice. It does make laugh though that some people honestly think they can get the orginal asking price and also EA saying yeah she can.

the thing is they often do pay asking price cos people cant be arssed to haggle / to embarrased - the EA to be fair is just doing their job to get as much out of you as they can - but in truth they will take the sale at any price - they will pressure the buyer to bid up and the vendor to come down.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Hello,

Make a new offer LESS than your original offer - say 145k

HOLA4416
Guest AuntJess
Good potential inside (large rooms generally), though the outside isn't brilliant.

If you really want it, why not negotiate.

I agree. I offered a guy a lower price than he wanted, for a house that needed a LOT doing to it. I walked away as he was adamant about his price.

He has just had to sell for less than I offered. :lol::lol:

Here's hoping she'll see sense and take a decent offer while she still has it.

Edited by AuntJess

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Guest happy?
I done some research most of the houses on the estate now have gas.

This could be another negotiating point - even if you've no intention of ever installing gas. Check with the gas supplier to establish what the cost is. Much of the market in the south has gone cold. If you're not in a chain you're in an excellent position to make a low offer and then sit tight as the seller sweats it out