House Price Crash Forum

Mse Poll

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
This is where it stood at about 6pm Uk time..... most think a rise is likely :P

another way to look at it is that 66% of people think that HPI < 5% (including -ve hpi). if hpi is <5% btl will probably offload anyway as net income and capital will be around 8-9%. Next, take off the funding which will leave around 2-3% total return and it quickly becomes not really worth the hassle/risk :lol:

HOLA444
another way to look at it is that 66% of people think that HPI < 5% (including -ve hpi). if hpi is <5% btl will probably offload anyway as net income and capital will be around 8-9%. Next, take off the funding which will leave around 2-3% total return and it quickly becomes not really worth the hassle/risk :lol:

69% less than 5% HPI at 10.30 pm

Common ev'ryone, make a noise.

HOLA445

Meh, I voted 2-5% increase. Worse than a savings account, and allowing for inflation that's virtually no increase. Falls will take a while to start appearing in official figures and London alone will prop up the figures for the rest of the country, so I think 2-5% increase is most likely.

HOLA446
OMG - 50% of people think prices are still going to rise!!!

Now, one could assume that there's no real fundamental basis for this prediction - except that prices have been rising the last 10 years. Sentiment has a long long way to go it would seem and that won't change until the press starts reporting falling prices - that will only happen when most of the UK HPI has gone negative for several sucessive months.

"The trend is your friend" as they say in financial markets. And let's face it, the trend has been a fabulous, generous friend to many people for a very long time.

Personally I hope for falls, but expect rises. I haven't known anything else in my adult life sadly.

HOLA447
Meh, I voted 2-5% increase. Worse than a savings account, and allowing for inflation that's virtually no increase. Falls will take a while to start appearing in official figures and London alone will prop up the figures for the rest of the country, so I think 2-5% increase is most likely.

Question: what does "meh" mean? I believe it is a new fangled internet word, have seen it a few times. Can you explain?

HOLA448

At 1:00 am only 37% think there will be falls over the next year. As we all know, booms are based on public sentiment. As the people voting are likely to have more informed views and have a higher intellect than joe public, I think it may be a little while before we see any proper drops.

HOLA449